Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 11-02-2003, 12:49 PM   #1
FishForLunch
Platinum Member

FishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of light
Default Does anybody watch NBA Fast break

The Mavs were highlighted (sorry Lowlighted) for 20seconds. This show is clearly becoming a Lakers Postgame show. They went on and on about how great the Jerkers were. I was screaming at the TV the whole time. Last years show was more balanced. Come on a team scores 127 and they are barely mention. While the Laker were put on the pedestal because of their balanced scoring according to them.

Aaaargh
FishForLunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-02-2003, 12:53 PM   #2
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold
Default RE:Does anybody watch NBA Fast break

Quote:
While the Laker were put on the pedestal because of their balanced scoring according to them.
What a bunch of dumb@$$es. What do they think all 5 starters and 7 players overall in double figures scoring is????? We scrored 127 and only one guy scores over 20 and only by 2 points. If that's not balanced scoring, then I don't know what is.
Old 11-02-2003, 02:16 PM   #3
mavs413
Golden Member

mavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the rough

I watched that show last night and I was pissed off too. The show was 20 minutes about the Lakers, 7 minutes commercials, and 3 minutes for the rest of the NBA which was mostly about LeBron. Mavericks got like 4 highlights and then just went straight to the other games without any reaction from the hosts about the game.
mavs413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2003, 02:22 PM   #4
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

What do you really expect with Kobe coming out. Maybe cubes was right about something after all. It sure gets the pub.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2003, 02:23 PM   #5
ReDIRKulous
Golden Member

ReDIRKulous is on a distinguished road

I HATE that guy that is the anchor for ESPN games... the one in the studio. He is the BIGGEST Laker homer! And he absolutely hates the MAvs. He takes every opputunity to bash them... 'Cuban can't buy a championship' 'The Mavs just bug me because they never take the ball inside'(from last season), then my most recent favorite line of his was 'have the Twolves jumped the MAvs and the Mavs gone in a decline this season' because they lost to the Lakers in the opening game?'

Anyway... he was the guy on last night on NBA Fastbreak. Did you also notice how you could barely hear the score too? 'oh yeah.. mavs 127 - blah blah mumble mumble' We need to get this guy fired.
There is nothing wrong with criticizing a team if your points are valid. But most of the armchair coaches on this board talk pseudo-basketball-ese and make results oriented comments as if they actually have an understanding of the game at the pro level. Most of the comments are based on disappointment from unrealistic expectations or the most ludicrous notion that you sitting in your barc-o-lounger knows more about how to win basketball games than Nelson. Just not gonna happen, boysan.-TwoDeep3
ReDIRKulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2003, 03:34 PM   #6
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, that sucked. I was really looking forward to some highlights.

As for the host guy, you're right. It's bad enough that he comes off as being sort of stupid, it doesn't help his stock in my eyes when he can't find anything good to say about my team. Thank goodness they have Greg Anthony or I wouldn't be able to stomach that show (their new set is pretty cool, too).
Old 11-02-2003, 05:12 PM   #7
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Does anybody watch NBA Fast break

Good thing his two co-hosts keep him in check, like when he asked whether they though the T'wolves had surpassed the mavs because of their win and the mavs' loss. His co-hosts disagreed with him. He's very biased, at one point he asked whether Pau Gasol could be considered the best foreign player in the league (?). I just like to think of him as a comic relief between quarters.
Old 11-02-2003, 05:19 PM   #8
ReDIRKulous
Golden Member

Why is there so much disrespect for the Mavs? Some media guys really like them... but most either hate the Mavs or dismiss them. Is it just the defense thing? Or is there something else. And if it is the defense... why is defense so respected and not offense? Do these same people ahte the showtime Lakers? If there is an old thread covering this someone let me know.

Does it have somehting to do with Dirk being the Mavs best player? Inoticed that that announcer in the LAker game said that Dirk was trying to become an elite player. I almost threw the TV out the window. lol I like that announcer too. How could anyone have missed tDirk in the playoffs last season?
There is nothing wrong with criticizing a team if your points are valid. But most of the armchair coaches on this board talk pseudo-basketball-ese and make results oriented comments as if they actually have an understanding of the game at the pro level. Most of the comments are based on disappointment from unrealistic expectations or the most ludicrous notion that you sitting in your barc-o-lounger knows more about how to win basketball games than Nelson. Just not gonna happen, boysan.-TwoDeep3
Old 11-02-2003, 05:31 PM   #9
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

I don't atch the show. So who are yall talking about? Who are the people's names that are on the show?
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2003, 05:35 PM   #10
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: bernardos70
Good thing his two co-hosts keep him in check, like when he asked whether they though the T'wolves had surpassed the mavs because of their win and the mavs' loss. His co-hosts disagreed with him. He's very biased, at one point he asked whether Pau Gasol could be considered the best foreign player in the league (?). I just like to think of him as a comic relief between quarters.
Oh yeah. That foreign player comment. Forgot about that one. That was so stupid I couldn't even stay pissed off about it. I mean, Pao's a good player, but is there any GM in the league that would take him over Dirk? I don't think so.
Old 11-02-2003, 05:36 PM   #11
ReDIRKulous
Golden Member

The people on that show change. But the guy I was talking about is the main guy on the NBA shoot around, the show before the NBA games on ESPN, he's a black guy.
Old 11-02-2003, 05:42 PM   #12
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

Is it Kevin Frazier?

He's a Fox Sports Net refugee. Back when Fox was trying to have a Sportscenter-wannabe, he was their anchor. They also had some other guy, Steve Van somethingoranother, who was very anti-Dallas. Or Van something.. Van Earl Wright!!! Some doofy blonde guy that reminded me of Dauber from Coach. I remember he was soooo mad after that first Chalupa game when Gary Trent got the bucket to go over 100, and Randy Wittman and the Cavs cried and started a fight.. at which time our astute owner ran out onto the court. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2003, 05:52 PM   #13
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

I think Kevin Frazier is correct. It's ringing a bell, anyway.

On a side note, Van Earl Wright is now the studio guy for Fox Sports' Lakers telecasts out in SoCal. Perhaps a little insight into his anti-Dallas bias, no?
Old 11-02-2003, 05:58 PM   #14
ReDIRKulous
Golden Member

Mavs enemy #1 Charles Barkley

Mavs Enemy #2 Kevin frazier

Mavs enemy #3 Mike Tirico

Mavs enemy #4 Kenny "the Jet" Smith
Old 11-02-2003, 06:39 PM   #15
PlanetZero

PlanetZero is on a distinguished road
Default RE: Does anybody watch NBA Fast break

Is it just me or is that NBA Fastbreak show a bootleg of some other NBA coverage show? I don't watch it becuase its boring and predictable... whatever happened to Fred Carter and Tim Legler?? Those were the only ESPN analysts I ever held in any regard.
Old 11-02-2003, 07:05 PM   #16
ReDIRKulous
Golden Member

I don't know what happened to those guys. Frad Carter was the MAN! He picked the Mavs to win over the Spurs in the WCF last season.

#1 Friend of the Mavs - Fred Carter

[b]#2 Friend of the Mavs - Tom Tolbert

#3 Friend of the Mavs - Sean Elliot

#4 Friend of the Mavs - Greg Anthony
Old 11-02-2003, 07:07 PM   #17
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally posted by: ReDIRKulous
Why is there so much disrespect for the Mavs?
Its simple. The Mavs are unconventional. The media and everyone else says that you can't outscore anyone in the playoffs. What do the Mavs do? They get even more scoring. Also, the Mavs premier players aren't as popular as the other teams. Dirk, Nash and Fin don't inspire awe and greatness. Maybe Walker might bring some respect but even that is questionable. Anyway, who care what they think? The Mavs are fun to watch.
Old 11-02-2003, 07:15 PM   #18
ReDIRKulous
Golden Member

Quote:
Its simple. The Mavs are unconventional. The media and everyone else says that you can't outscore anyone in the playoffs. What do the Mavs do? They get even more scoring. Also, the Mavs premier players aren't as popular as the other teams. Dirk, Nash and Fin don't inspire awe and greatness. Maybe Walker might bring some respect but even that is questionable. Anyway, who care what they think? The Mavs are fun to watch.
This is all true. BEfore the LAker game though I think we actually got a lot more respect than we did last year. I think we kind of polarized the media even more. The guys that kind of had the soft spot last year went full bore. The guys that didn't like us much now hate us. lol

But there were actually some guys that picked us to go to the WCF... I think that means we will win the championship, considering how underrated we always are. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]