Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 11-12-2003, 02:14 PM   #1
cin

cin is on a distinguished road
Default DARE dump Trail Blazers

DARE Dumps Trail Blazers

Anti-Drug Program No Longer Accepts Tickets

PORTLAND -- The anti-drug program DARE has cut its ties with the Portland Trail Blazers.
The Blazers have provided free game tickets for children, but DARE officials say they're not going to accept them until some of the players clean up their acts.

"We are about making good choices and picking role models. And the kids are pretty keen -- they don't get a lot past them," DARE educator Deputy Mike Olds told KOIN 6 News.

Team officials would not comment on the DARE program but pointed out that other community groups, such as the Portland Police Activities League, support the team.

http://www.koin.com/webnews/20034/20031111_dare.shtml
cin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-12-2003, 02:31 PM   #2
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold
Default RE:DARE dump Trail Blazers

LOL. Unlike the Jail Blazers during a traffic stop, I sincerely hope the DARE people don't hold their breath waiting.
Old 11-12-2003, 03:58 PM   #3
MavsFanatik33
Platinum Member

MavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura aboutMavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura about

That is awesome, it's funny how Portland officials come up with excuses...
MavsFanatik33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2003, 05:04 PM   #4
kingrex
Platinum Member

kingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the rough

Reminds of the Cowboys in the mid to late nineties. Hmm.
kingrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2003, 05:57 PM   #5
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

Good for them for taking a stand.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2003, 06:00 PM   #6
Rod1975
Golden Member

Rod1975 is on a distinguished road

Dare should do the same with the Rockets as well. That is if they are even involved with the team anyway.
Old 11-12-2003, 06:03 PM   #7
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: DARE dump Trail Blazers

Why now?

Sounds to me like they have another issue with the team and they are grandstanding by making this announcement public.
Old 11-12-2003, 06:20 PM   #8
arsenalth9

arsenalth9 is on a distinguished road

They need something to wake them up
Old 11-12-2003, 08:06 PM   #9
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally posted by: arsenalth9
They need something to wake them up
They already have that. It's called speed.