Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 11-16-2003, 08:02 PM   #1
thewillis12

thewillis12 is on a distinguished road
Default no one can finish

is it just me or can jamison not dunk??!! i know that he is athletic and extrmely talented but every time he drives to the hoop he goes for a hook shot or a floater. he should go for a dunk every single time. i know that he is capable of it but he wont do it. very frustrating to see. same with finely.... if your shot is not going in then drive to the hoop. his dribbling skills arent that great but he showed against san antonio that he can drive to the hoop. if jamison wants to become a factor on this team than he needs to finsih stronger and be more consistent with his shots. oh and his shots against memphis werent even close to the rim. he evern blew a lay up.
thewillis12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-16-2003, 08:05 PM   #2
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:no one can finish

Oh I know he can dunk, I've seen it, but not everyone can power the ball through defenders like shaq for example.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2003, 11:19 PM   #3
Psychedelic Fuzz
Platinum Member

Psychedelic Fuzz is on a distinguished road
Default RE: no one can finish

Forget dunking, just stop with the floaters and trying to nudge it up over the front of the rim. the backboard is there for a reason.

Psychedelic Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2003, 11:39 PM   #4
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Floaters are AJ's game. I wouldn't mind seeing him use the glass or dunking more often, but honestly, he rode those quirky shots to making 47% of his field goal attempts last season which is certainly respectable for a team's leading scorer. His percentage is a little off so far this season, but just to put that in perspective, AJ's taken 119 FGA so far this season. If just three of the ones he's missed had dropped in, his fg% would be...47%. I think people are getting carried away in criticizing much more because the form is unorthodox than because the outcome is unsatisfactory. The guy's still adjusting to coming off the bench and playing fewer minutes. I'd argue that's probably been worth one miss a game on average. As for Memphis, I didn't see the game, but everybody has off games. Fact of life. He's had some very nice ones for us, too.
Old 11-17-2003, 12:03 AM   #5
Razor

Razor is on a distinguished road

I can see AJ becoming the 4th member of the big 3. He is extremly talented and I can see cuban keeping him around for years to come. He has had some great dunks this year and he seems to be a "team player" Jamison will become a factor on this team.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote