Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 11-24-2003, 11:13 AM   #1
Caliente
Diamond Member

Caliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to all
Default For Guys Only...... 20 dating tips from Miss Match

20 Simple Tips for the Perfect Date
Dos and don'ts from the real-life Miss Match, Samantha Daniels

1. It's okay to suggest a drink instead of dinner for a first date. She dreads a boring four-course ordeal, too.

2. Call her by early evening on Monday to confirm a Tuesday get-together. (Weekends aren't for first dates.)

3. Leave your home and work numbers. No home number and she'll assume you have a wife or girlfriend.

4. If you want to keep the plans a surprise, at least clue her in as to what to wear. You do not want an overdressed, overstressed woman navigating the Talladega pits in high heels.

5. Yes, she'll notice if the date location you've chosen is conveniently around the block from your place.

6. Don't assume that just because you're out with a beautiful woman, she knows how pretty she looks -- she wants to hear it from you.

7. Ask if she's too cold or too warm, and if changing the temperature is in your power, fix it.

8. Men judge women according to whether they can picture having sex with them; women judge men by whether they can imagine kissing them. White teeth, fresh breath, and unchapped lips make her more apt to pucker up.

9. Do not ask her, "So, what kind of music do you like?" The last 25 guys asked that. Be original.

10. She loves when you insist on ordering dessert. Sharing = extra sexy.

11. Tip well: Grab the check, mentally divide the bill by 10, double that number, and throw down the tip. Do it quickly but casually. Believe me, she'll be watching.

12. If she touches your arm, she's interested; if she touches your leg, she's interested tonight.

13. When in doubt, hold her hand.

14. Very small protective gestures go a long way and show her you're a gentleman: Offer your arm as she's stepping from a curb, direct her away from shards of broken glass. She'll notice if you wait until she's safely in her car or house before you leave. Wait the extra 90 seconds, and next time you might be going in with her.

15. She expects you to know her eye color after the first date.

16. Women need momentum -- without it, they lose interest or wonder if you have. Momentum = a minimum of one date a week, plus a couple of phone calls in between.

17. She knows that when you invite her over for a homemade meal or to watch a movie, it's code for "tonight is hook-up night." Don't play this card any earlier than date three.

18. A Friday or Saturday night is required by date four. Otherwise, she'll wonder who else you're seeing.

19. Rule of Genital Groping: If anything happens that couldn't be shown on prime-time TV, call her the next day. Otherwise, she'll feel cheap and used.

20. Don't say, "I'll call you," if you have no intention to. She'd prefer that you say nothing at all.
Old 11-24-2003, 11:19 AM   #2
kingrex
Platinum Member

kingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the rough
Default RE:For Guys Only...... 20 dating tips from Miss Match

Good post and good advice, but if a guy doesn't do or know at least half of this list, then they'll never do or know it anyway.
kingrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2003, 03:30 PM   #3
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
15. She expects you to know her eye color after the first date.
Does this mean that color blind men have no chance? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-24-2003, 03:40 PM   #4
Caliente
Diamond Member

Caliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to all

No, but if he's not sure about the color he should ask......[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-24-2003, 03:42 PM   #5
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

So what color are your eyes? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-24-2003, 03:48 PM   #6
Caliente
Diamond Member

You should know..........[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-24-2003, 04:12 PM   #7
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts
Default RE: For Guys Only...... 20 dating tips from Miss Match

Quote:
3. Leave your home and work numbers. No home number and she'll assume you have a wife or girlfriend.
Then a better option for some could be the opposite: "DON'T LEAVE YOUR HOME NUMBER!"

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 11-24-2003, 05:13 PM   #8
dallas_esq
Golden Member

dallas_esq is a jewel in the roughdallas_esq is a jewel in the roughdallas_esq is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: Caliente

2. Call her by early evening on Monday to confirm a Tuesday get-together. (Weekends aren't for first dates.)
Great rules. I'm a better man because of this information [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

I have personally failed on this Rule 2 before. This "confirmation call" is really essential. Women seem to need what I deem "extra-communication." Don't leave anything out if it effects their world, which is an expanding universe.

Not to take away from the other rules, ALL essential.
Old 11-24-2003, 05:33 PM   #9
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
19. Rule of Genital Groping: If anything happens that couldn't be shown on prime-time TV, call her the next day. Otherwise, she'll feel cheap and used.
Since this was brought up, how late is too late to telephone for a mid-week bootay call? Should the man use his cellphone, homephone, workphone, or payphone? Is it okay to call from a bar? What percent blood-alcohol level is too high for this type of call?
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2003, 05:37 PM   #10
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally posted by: MavKikiNYC
Quote:
Since this was brought up, how late is too late to telephone for a mid-week bootay call? Should the man use his cellphone, homephone, workphone, or payphone? Is it okay to call from a bar? What percent blood-alcohol level is too high for this type of call?
It all depends on the woman.

Old 11-24-2003, 05:42 PM   #11
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Since this was brought up, how late is too late to telephone for a mid-week bootay call?
I'd assume that it's never too late. Well, I've always assumed in the past that it's never too late.

What percent blood-alcohol level is too high for this type of call?
If you're over three times the legal limit, it's probably just best to sleep it off.
Of course, this is from a guy's perspective.

One of my old roommates made a late night booty call after being way beyond .08 (he was definitely way past .08....way past. I can't specifically tell you how far past it he was. However far 15-18 beers in a night will getcha). Well, the booty call ended with him throwing up on her. Needless to say, that was the last booty call that he made with her. Oddly enough, this is the same ex roommate that threw up on a girl while they were making out.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2003, 06:34 PM   #12
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

Also, under what circumstances is it appropriate to make such a call collect?
Old 11-24-2003, 06:36 PM   #13
dallas_esq
Golden Member

dallas_esq is a jewel in the roughdallas_esq is a jewel in the roughdallas_esq is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Also, under what circumstances is it appropriate to make such a call collect?
One never knows about a woman. This truly depends on mood. Although I wouldn't make it a practice to have women paying for things, that is a bad man habit and will eventually meet with some psycho-woman force. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-24-2003, 06:42 PM   #14
Chiwas
Guru

Quote:
The old milkshake with two straws doesn't work anymore?

Old 11-25-2003, 12:12 AM   #15
LRB
Guru

Quote:
11. Tip well: Grab the check, mentally divide the bill by 10, double that number, and throw down the tip. Do it quickly but casually. Believe me, she'll be watching.
I guess this means you shouldn't "forget" you wallet and ask your date to pay. [img]i/expressions/rolleye.gif[/img]
Old 11-25-2003, 09:33 AM   #16
Caliente
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Chiwas
Quote:
Yum yum........................my kind of man...........[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-26-2003, 05:14 PM   #17
superheadcat

superheadcat is on a distinguished road

Quote:
broadcasting tv or cable tv? basic cable or premium cable?

Old 11-26-2003, 06:19 PM   #18
MavsFanatik33
Platinum Member

MavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura aboutMavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Yum yum........................my kind of man...........[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Crap, I hate milkshakes! Will ice cream work?

MavsFanatik33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2003, 06:45 PM   #19
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

southern_sweets will become famous soon enoughsouthern_sweets will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Quote:
No, but I'd be really impressed with a guy that suggested sharing a fried Twinkie at Pluckers. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
southern_sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2003, 02:32 PM   #20
Caliente
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: MavsFanatik33
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Crap, I hate milkshakes! Will ice cream work?
Yes, ice cream will always work.......hot fudge.....whipped cream....and you........[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-02-2003, 02:02 PM   #21
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

Get a room!
Old 12-02-2003, 03:02 PM   #22
Caliente
Diamond Member

I would except you would probably drill a hole through the wall and watch.........[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-02-2003, 07:04 PM   #23
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

I suspect you'd be disappointed if I didn't.
Old 12-03-2003, 09:58 AM   #24
Caliente
Diamond Member

Quote:
I suspect you'd be disappointed if I didn't.
Disappointed, no.......vindicated, maybe.....
Old 12-03-2003, 10:02 AM   #25
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

So much easier to live without the need for vindication.

Honi soit qui mal y pense.
Old 12-03-2003, 10:14 AM   #26
Caliente
Diamond Member

Tolerancia y paz
Old 12-03-2003, 10:19 AM   #27
Psychedelic Fuzz
Platinum Member

Psychedelic Fuzz is on a distinguished road

ummmm Mein Grossmutter hat einen schnurrbart?

Psychedelic Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2003, 12:10 PM   #28
Chiwas
Guru

¿Qué está pasando en esta cadena?

¿La Torre de Babel?

Old 12-03-2003, 12:13 PM   #29
Caliente
Diamond Member

¡Sí!