Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 11-27-2003, 12:29 PM   #1
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts
Default Avery and NVE

Classy guys.

Avery Johnson and the Warriors helped deliver turkeys and serve meals in the Bay Area. Read about what teams are doing this Thanksgiving.
Rocky Widner/NBAE/Getty Images

On Wednesday, Warriors point guard Nick Van Exel purchased 100 turkeys that he and teammates Erick Dampier and Avery Johnson delivered to Bay Area shelters and nonprofit organizations.

The Warriors started the holday season off with their annual event at Patrick David's in Danville. Warriors players, coaches and staff members helped serve Thanksgiving dinners to many Bay Area organizations. In addition to the event in Danville, Warriors employees helped deliver turkeys throughout the Bay Area with the help of Levy Cares and the Oakland Grocery Outlet.

Old 11-27-2003, 05:31 PM   #2
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Avery and NVE

I love AJ. He is an older, more mature version of Jamison all the way. It's rare you find someone so quality that can bring people together, solve team chemistry and lead by example. I'd really like to see him back with the Dallas franchise.

EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2003, 06:35 PM   #3
bogey
Banned

bogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the rough

I've got ten bucks that says Avery is a member of the front office Mavericks staff within two years. Maybe even at the end of the year.
bogey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2003, 07:31 PM   #4
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: bogey
I've got ten bucks that says Avery is a member of the front office Mavericks staff within two years. Maybe even at the end of the year.
never mind anyone with the character of AJ coming back....plus he can always show off the bling...

cow, don't you think the more natural move might be to SA?

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2003, 11:05 PM   #5
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

I hope he comes back here after he retires. He's said he wants to come & Cubes & Nellie have said they want him to come. Hopefully they will work something out quickly b/c I think he's a great influence.
Old 11-28-2003, 02:29 AM   #6
bogey
Banned

bogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the rough

Like ames said....it is hotly rumored that Avery has a place here guaranteed when he retires.
bogey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2003, 10:38 AM   #7
kingrex
Platinum Member

kingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: bogey
Like ames said....it is hotly rumored that Avery has a place here guaranteed when he retires.
I think it's not a rumor when Nellie has been quoted as saying that Avery has a place in his coaching staff whenever he wants it.
kingrex is offline   Reply With Quote