Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 12-02-2003, 11:59 AM   #1
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Poor Blazers!!!

When will the players learn...

Tuesday, December 2, 2003

Associated Press
PORTLAND, Ore. -- Trail Blazer forward Zach Randolph was arrested early Tuesday morning for driving under the influence of intoxicants, a spokesman for the Portland Police Bureau said.

Randolph, the latest in a string of Trail Blazers to have brushes with the law, was stopped by police in North Portland, said Sgt. Cheryl Robinson.

A team spokesman did not immediately return a call from The Associated Press seeking comment.

But KGW-TV in Portland reported that Randolph had spent Monday signing basketballs at a charity event in Vancouver, Wash.

Lt. Mike Shults of the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office said Randolph was, "very cooperative with our deputies, (saying) yes sir, no sir. He went through it without any incident."

Randolph was released from the county justice center at 5:13 a.m., Shults said.

Shults said Randolph is facing a misdemeanor charge that could be punishable by up to one year in prison or a fine between $1,000 and $5,000.

Randolph is scheduled to appear before a judge at Multnomah County Circuit Court on Dec. 30, Shults said. The player was driving a white Cadillac SUV at the time of his arrest, Shults said.

The Blazers have been plagued by a series of arrests and infighting in the past few seasons. Most recently, Bonzi Wells was stripped of his captaincy and suspended for two games after cursing at coach Maurice Cheeks. Player Damon Stoudamire, meanwhile, is facing drug charges for his arrest at an Arizona airport.

But Randolph has been a bright spot for the Blazers this year, scoring 20 or more points nine times through the season's first 17 games.
Old 12-02-2003, 12:16 PM   #2
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Poor Blazers!!!

I think what you meant to say was...."stupid Blazers...poor Blazer's fans"[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2003, 12:23 PM   #3
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Poor Blazers!!!

Im referring to the Franchise, not the players making up the Blazers' roster... However what you mentioned works too!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-02-2003, 12:53 PM   #4
Jamisonite
Golden Member

Jamisonite is on a distinguished road

Man thats sad. Randolph was supposed to be their new building block. THE GOOD GUY. guess hes like the rest
Old 12-02-2003, 01:19 PM   #5
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Sad indeed...

You can lead a goon to water but you cant make him put down the joint long enough to drink...
Old 12-02-2003, 02:01 PM   #6
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

The funny thing is I spent a few weeks in Portland last summer on a roadtrip up to BC, and I was watching TV and the Jail Blazer fans were up in arms about having such a lame, immoral team and they were demanding that Sheed and Wells be traded- and that was 2, maybe three arrests ago.

here is a list of players you'll want to trade if you are Allen

D. Stoudamire
R. Wallace
B. Wells
Z. Randolph
D. Anderson

EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2003, 02:17 PM   #7
bogey
Banned

bogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the rough

Another dumbass Balzer player bites the big one......
bogey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2003, 02:20 PM   #8
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

I have two words for Zach that he should take to heart:

Roy Tarpley.
Old 12-02-2003, 02:24 PM   #9
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

I too have two words for Zach R.: please come to Dallas!...
wait.....that was three words![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 12-02-2003, 03:41 PM   #10
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

quite unfortunate for the blazers organization and fans. I thought maybe he would influence the "bad characters" of that team, not be influenced by them.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2003, 04:03 PM   #11
sike
The Preacha

it is very rare for a player as young as Zach to be the influencer.....most times they are the influence-e...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 12-02-2003, 04:39 PM   #12
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

These problems will continue until Portland cleans house of all the bad apples.
Old 12-02-2003, 05:05 PM   #13
DrtyFlthyNasty

DrtyFlthyNasty is on a distinguished road

the funny thing is that there are more players than you think that get do stuff the blazer players do.. but the blazers just get caught doing it..when will they learn?
"I know what I can do,'' Van Exel said. "I'm not really worried about what other people say, that I'm just a scorer or a ballhog or whatever. I know when I need to score, and I definitely know how to make players better.'' - Nick Van Exel

"The ROC handle like Van Exel,
I shake phoneys man, You can't get next to.."

-Jayz
DrtyFlthyNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2003, 06:58 PM   #14
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally posted by: EricaLubarsky
The funny thing is I spent a few weeks in Portland last summer on a roadtrip up to BC, and I was watching TV and the Jail Blazer fans were up in arms about having such a lame, immoral team and they were demanding that Sheed and Wells be traded- and that was 2, maybe three arrests ago.

here is a list of players you'll want to trade if you are Allen

D. Stoudamire
R. Wallace
B. Wells
Z. Randolph
D. Anderson

Just wanted to add the nanny raper Ruben Patterson to that list.
Old 12-02-2003, 07:24 PM   #15
LRB
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: DrtyFlthyNasty
the funny thing is that there are more players than you think that get do stuff the blazer players do.. but the blazers just get caught doing it..when will they learn?

Probably becaue they A) do more of it and B) there are more of them that do it than on most teams.