Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 12-13-2003, 02:38 AM   #1
FishForLunch
Platinum Member

FishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of light
Default Jamison

Why does Jamison disappear during big games. I feel he and Delk are not fitting into the Mavs. We need a center and soon. Ostertag will do.
FishForLunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-13-2003, 02:41 AM   #2
Max Power
Banned

Max Power is on a distinguished road
Default RE:Jamison

Jamison will be traded. Walker/Dirk is the best forward combination and since neither Jamison, Walker or Dirk can play the defensive portion of the center position then only 2 are going to get minutes. And we have a sucking chest wound at the center position where the Potato is coming on but he's a 20 or so minute guy. Najera and Bradley are not the answer.
Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2003, 02:41 AM   #3
ReDIRKulous
Golden Member

ReDIRKulous is on a distinguished road

I feel it might be possible that Nellie is taking one thing at a time. Like trying to work Walker in first. I have a feeling Jamison will really flourish later in the season. Not sure why... maybe because that is what happened with Nick?
There is nothing wrong with criticizing a team if your points are valid. But most of the armchair coaches on this board talk pseudo-basketball-ese and make results oriented comments as if they actually have an understanding of the game at the pro level. Most of the comments are based on disappointment from unrealistic expectations or the most ludicrous notion that you sitting in your barc-o-lounger knows more about how to win basketball games than Nelson. Just not gonna happen, boysan.-TwoDeep3
ReDIRKulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2003, 02:43 AM   #4
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally posted by: Max Power
Jamison will be traded. Walker/Dirk is the best forward combination and since neither Jamison, Walker or Dirk can play the defensive portion of the center position then only 2 are going to get minutes. And we have a sucking chest wound at the center position where the Potato is coming on but he's a 20 or so minute guy. Najera and Bradley are not the answer.
MP it does seem that way. Still I don't know if we can get any real talented center for Jamison, or rather if we can get much more talent in center by trading Jamison as opposed to FA next year. But I'd still look at trading him for players that better compliment the team. Maybe a defensive 4.
Old 12-13-2003, 02:46 AM   #5
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Exactly. I believe Jamison is a good guy and before the trade for Walker I thought Dirk/Jamison could be a goof two some. The Dirk/Walker duo is a lot better.

And the trio of Dirk/Walker/Jamison is a curse for the Mavs. It means you have 2 guys not playing their natural position, and no "scrappiness from any of them. We have to always have at least one scrapper in that spot. Whether it be Howard, Fortson, etc. If not a scrapper then we need a go to shotblocker like Bradley.

Ostertag would be a great pickup. He can rebound, block shots, and can throw his weight around without disrupting Dirk or Walker.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2003, 02:51 AM   #6
V
Golden Member

V has a spectacular aura aboutV has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
In tonight's win over the Lakers Fortson played 18 minutes; Najera 10 minutes; Bradley 3 minutes = total 31 minutes

That means Dirk gave the Mavs about 17 - presumably effective - minutes at the center position... I'd be interested to know the plus/minus for those minutes...

"If there's no more questions, I've got a beer that needs consuming."
-- Don Nelson
V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2003, 02:51 AM   #7
V
Golden Member

double post

-- Don Nelson
Old 12-13-2003, 02:54 AM   #8
ReDIRKulous
Golden Member

ReDIRKulous is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: V
Quote:
In tonight's win over the Lakers Fortson played 18 minutes; Najera 10 minutes; Bradley 3 minutes = total 31 minutes

That means Dirk gave the Mavs about 17 - presumably effective - minutes at the center position... I'd be interested to know the plus/minus for those minutes...

No offense... but Not true... Walker played Shaq at center as well as Jamison.
There is nothing wrong with criticizing a team if your points are valid. But most of the armchair coaches on this board talk pseudo-basketball-ese and make results oriented comments as if they actually have an understanding of the game at the pro level. Most of the comments are based on disappointment from unrealistic expectations or the most ludicrous notion that you sitting in your barc-o-lounger knows more about how to win basketball games than Nelson. Just not gonna happen, boysan.-TwoDeep3
ReDIRKulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2003, 02:56 AM   #9
Max Power
Banned

Max Power is on a distinguished road

Jamison played about 4 or 5 of them because he was the guy who fouled Shaq. Walker was on Shaq a couple of minutes. Dirk probably got the rest of the minutes while Shaq was on the bench.

Jamison is a wonderful player and a better person. But there are too many defensive liabilities on the team when all three of our 3/4's are on the court. One of them needs to go towards shoring up our leaky center position.

Delk, Howard or even Finley could be the 6th man.
Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2003, 03:01 AM   #10
V
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: ReDIRKulous
Quote:
Originally posted by: V
Quote:

No offense... but Not true... Walker played Shaq at center as well as Jamison.
I watched the game... and you are absolutely right... don't know what I was thinking

-- Don Nelson
Old 12-13-2003, 03:05 AM   #11
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of
Default RE: Jamison

I feel sorry for Jamison. He deserves to be in a better situation than this. I wish there was someplace to ship him that would do his persona justice. I really wanted for his stint here to be successful, but it doesn't appear to be heading in that direction.
Old 12-13-2003, 03:12 AM   #12
Razor

Razor is on a distinguished road

Jamison just needs to sit tight. He is a part of our depth that will come in handy. Fin went down and no one even missed him tonight. I am glad he wasnt in there tonight. Last time fin played the lakers, he started the game 0 for 9. That would have killed us tonight. Ship out fin. give howard more minutes. That allows dirk more shots and lets him find his groove.

ps i love fin

Now a big toe can cause him to miss games. hmmm The iron man is no more.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2003, 03:17 AM   #13
V
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: ocelot_ark
I feel sorry for Jamison. He deserves to be in a better situation than this. I wish there was someplace to ship him that would do his persona justice. I really wanted for his stint here to be successful, but it doesn't appear to be heading in that direction.
Just because Jamison only got 23 minutes tonight doesn't mean he can't be successful here... I like his rebounding & scoring punch off the bench...

Check out the month of December numbers for NVE last year versus month of November for Jamison

MIN FG% REB AST PTS

02/03 NVE 30.4 40% 3.5 5.5 13.6

03/04 Tawn 28.8 49% 6.8 1.4 14.1

-- Don Nelson
Old 12-13-2003, 03:29 AM   #14
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Jamison

Yes, please ship Fin out.

Jamison could take his place as the only player to disappear in games and be the Mavs downfall.