Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 01-23-2004, 06:27 PM   #1
Max Power
Banned

Max Power is on a distinguished road
Default Delk must GO!

I've been thinking about it for awhile and I have come to the conclusion that Delk must go. He would be an asset on any club who needs scoring off the bench but we don't. Especially Delk's low percentage scoring. I'd rather have a Hubert Davis type - someone who can score efficiently but doesn't think he needs to score to justify his existance.

Classic addition by subtraction.
Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-23-2004, 06:31 PM   #2
Max Power
Banned

Default RE:Delk must GO!

BTW Delk has only played 3 minutes during our win streak.
Old 01-23-2004, 06:35 PM   #3
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Delk must GO!

so just what are you suggesting besides he "must go" what do they do with him??? trade him? who wants him??? blah, blah, blah......

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2004, 06:56 PM   #4
Max Power
Banned

Trade him to one of the teams under the cap for "future considerations" or buy him out.
Old 01-23-2004, 07:11 PM   #5
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Buy him out? It's not like he's a distraction for the team, and if mamadou goes we'll have another spot in our roster back.
Old 01-23-2004, 08:08 PM   #6
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Josh says he's one of the funniest guys on the ballteam. You can't let those kind of guys go.

I also don't like the way he jacks it up, but I also don't think he's a distraction or of much relevance at all.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2004, 09:09 PM   #7
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

The Mavs needs a better 1-2 than Delk. If they can get it, Delk has to go.

Old 01-23-2004, 09:11 PM   #8
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

But Nellie loves Delk. He said so.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2004, 09:12 PM   #9
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Well the mavs need a better 2 guard as well. If they can get it finley has to go.
Well the mave need a better 5 center as well. If they can get it bradley/fortson has to go.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2004, 09:27 PM   #10
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally posted by: dude1394
Well the mavs need a better 2 guard as well. If they can get it finley has to go.
Well the mave need a better 5 center as well. If they can get it bradley/fortson has to go.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Yes, of course, if we can get Kobe or Ostertag, say, easier than Davis, say, the priority would change.

Old 01-23-2004, 09:38 PM   #11
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally posted by: Max Power
I've been thinking about it for awhile and I have come to the conclusion that Delk must go. He would be an asset on any club who needs scoring off the bench but we don't. Especially Delk's low percentage scoring. I'd rather have a Hubert Davis type - someone who can score efficiently but doesn't think he needs to score to justify his existance.

Classic addition by subtraction.

You know, I have been thinking that, maybe, walt williams may be a better addition instead of Delk. Williams understands Nellie's offense.
Old 01-23-2004, 10:45 PM   #12
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Quote:
walt williams
Please bring this man back Nellie. He was arguably our best defender in the playoffs last year, or tied with Bell.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2004, 10:47 PM   #13
Max Power
Banned

The Wizard or Hubert is the perfect role player off the bench. We don't need an inefficient scorer-type off the bench - we need a guy who knows when to take his shot.
Old 01-24-2004, 11:06 AM   #14
grbh
Platinum Member

grbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to all

Good post MP. Here is something I posted about ywo weeks ago in another thread. Some pretty interesting Delk stats. I'm sure they've changed a little but probably not much.

I just realized what a black hole Delk has been this year. He is only shooting 38.5% from the field. On top of that he is only averaging .8 dimes a game. Terrible.

Granted he plays some 2 for this team, but lets compare him to other PGs in the league. Nobody averages fewer assists per 48 than Delk. It isn't like the guy doesn't have any options either. Call him a 1, call him a 2, but 2.3 assists per 48 is miserable for any guard. Hell it's pretty crumby for a center.

http://www.genevaschools.org/austinb...gray/platypus/
grbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2004, 12:21 PM   #15
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Delk's only worth to this team is trade fodder.
Old 01-24-2004, 01:27 PM   #16
Jamisonite
Golden Member

Jamisonite is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: Max Power
BTW Delk has only played 3 minutes during our win streak.
Cause hes hurt...still...best is better
Old 01-25-2004, 01:48 AM   #17
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

Delk still can light it up for 20. In the playoffs or in a big game guys like that are priceless. Sure Walt was good, but he faced the same problems. As far as shooting inconsistency.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2004, 09:23 AM   #18
doggnutz

doggnutz is on a distinguished road

Delk also plays good defense. When the playoffs come you need guys like Delk. Plus he hasn't been 100% since he's been here...In the playoffs Delk has a chance to due what NVE did in a different way, with Defense and Scoring. It would be interesting to see what his stats where in the playoffs with Boston.
doggnutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2004, 10:36 AM   #19
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

When healthy, Delk is a valuable addition to this team. He looks to be behind Best and Howard in the rotation, but in case either goes down, it is important to have a seasoned veteran ready to come in and contribute. Delk is a good scorer and above average defender. I'd love it if a trade opportunity came up in which we could get a decent five to split time with Shawn and Fort. But until that trade presents itself, all talk of dumping Delk is foolish. Cutting him simply to open up a roster spot is especially short sighted, considering Mamadou is about to go away.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote