Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 02-08-2004, 11:24 PM   #1
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of
Default Unexplainable

Golden State scored only two points in the fourth quarter. They had a chance to win the game, but dribbled the ball away.

I'd be extremely upset if i were a Warrior's fan.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-2004, 11:29 PM   #2
DNNF
Golden Member

DNNF will become famous soon enoughDNNF will become famous soon enough
Default RE:Unexplainable

Quote:
Originally posted by: Nash13
Golden State scored only two points in the fourth quarter. They had a chance to win the game, but dribbled the ball away.

I'd be extremely upset if i were a Warrior's fan.
I was watching the game too. They were 1-13 FG and 0-3 at the line in 4th quarter
DNNF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2004, 12:01 AM   #3
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

thats almost as unexplainable as the Dallas at Los Angeles game last year when we were playing great ball and fell apart in the fourth allowing the Lakers to come back and win.

I only saw the first part of the game but they were playing great ball.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2004, 12:05 AM   #4
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of
Default RE: Unexplainable

Well I saw the fourth and overtime. They only scored 7 points after the third quarter.

Erica, that was Dallas' defense in the LA game where they allowed 44pts in the 4th, but this is their offense. They still held Toronto to 18. It was a terrible way to lose. Claxton waited until 2 seconds left to try to go to the basket, and the ball got stolen. They had 9 turnovers in the fourth.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Old 02-09-2004, 12:07 AM   #5
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: Nash13
Well I saw the fourth and overtime. They only scored 7 points after the third quarter.

Erica, that was Dallas' defense in the LA game where they allowed 44pts in the 4th, but this is their offense. They still held Toronto to 18. It was a terrible way to lose. Claxton waited until 2 seconds left to try to go to the basket, and the ball got stolen. They had 9 turnovers in the fourth.
Thats crazy. A coach can try to get guys open shots and free throws but if nothing is going down then what is there to do?

2 seconds isnt bad, but with their overpowering offensive boarding he maybe shoould have shot it a little earlier so they could have a chance for a put back. Its too bad. The Magic flopped the same way in the Laker game today.

I feel bad for the fans. Thats always tough to watch.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2004, 02:44 AM   #6
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

I missed it. Sounds awful though.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2004, 04:02 AM   #7
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

Now I know why so many guys want to have dampier to come to dallas. He scored all points for his team in one quarter!

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2004, 01:06 PM   #8
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

Quote:
They had 9 turnovers in the fourth.
Almost one out of every two posessions. Were they drunk?

Old 02-09-2004, 01:21 PM   #9
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: twelli
Now I know why so many guys want to have dampier to come to dallas. He scored all points for his team in one quarter!
Genius

I couldn't believe that when I read this yesterday, so I checked out the box scores on cbssportsline. That looks awfully funny to see 2 points in the 4th quarter. Is that some sort of record? Has anyone scored less?
Old 02-09-2004, 02:28 PM   #10
MikeB
Golden Member

MikeB has a spectacular aura aboutMikeB has a spectacular aura about

It ties a record held by....

YOUR DALLAS MAVERICKS
MikeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2004, 05:23 PM   #11
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: MikeB
It ties a record held by....

YOUR DALLAS MAVERICKS
Good... those bastards didn't erase us from the record books then. [img]i/expressions/moon.gif[/img]

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
Old 02-09-2004, 05:45 PM   #12
Nash13
Diamond Member

Quote:
2 seconds isnt bad
Yes it is that bad. Claxton was 35 ft away from the basket with two seconds left. That would be alright if there was an open lane, but it wasn't. I didn't watch all of overtime, but they weren't much better.

~The Salesman
Old 02-09-2004, 05:51 PM   #13
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

I saw the box score this morning and couldn't believe what I saw...If the Mavs are held to 2 points in a quarter this season, I don't know if I could honestly still be a fan....however, say the mavs scored 2 points in a quarter and fell behind by 20+ points, then came back and won, I would definitely be a fan still.
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2004, 06:10 PM   #14
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

I think it is sad that a bad performance during ONE game would force you to "stop being a fan". If that is the type of fan you are, I think the Mavericks are better off without you!

For heavens' sake, think back to the early 90's... True fans are those that watched religiously then, cheering for those rare wins over the likewise terrible Timberwolves. To make it through that, and still be going strong with the team....... Well, I will just say those are the fans Im sure the Mavericks organization would prefer to have.
Old 02-09-2004, 07:17 PM   #15
superheadcat

superheadcat is on a distinguished road

at least gs made one fg, according to patricia, the game mavs got only 2 pts in 3rd q, they got those 2 pts by ft. ouch.

it is just a reminder how terrible mavs was once.
i have huge respect to the mavs fans back from that era.