Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-06-2004, 03:33 PM   #1
LoveMyMavs14

LoveMyMavs14 is on a distinguished road
Default Spurs fans lack of class. (Sorry, Spurs Fan, you're an exception.)

Yes, this is for you, those of you at spursreport.com, which I have read but not posted at. You have no class.

You are hypocritical, and classless in your justification of Bowen being a cheapshot artist last night. I respect his ability to play great defense...but I can't respect his game last night.

Finley has no record whatsoever of violence or lack of control in games.....so BOWEN DID SOMETHING. Was it Bowen's defense? Let's check the stats:

Fin shot 3-12 in the first half for 6 points. Good defense, no incident.

Then came the third quarter.....Fin shot 5-6 for 19 points. Now who would be frustrated in this situation?

It makes me sick that you are laughing and calling Mavs fans and the Mavs organization horrible things when it was the dirty play of someone on the SAN ANTONIO SPURS that sparked the whole issue. I don't think Bruce is a dirty player....but do think it was his fault last night. It's ludicrous that I should even see it implied that Finley is some sort of hothead or that you can somehow twist this situation into something started, elevated, and ended by Finley.

David Robinson left the Spurs, and took any respect the Spurs deserved with him.
LoveMyMavs14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-06-2004, 03:42 PM   #2
mavsman55
Platinum Member

mavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura about
Default RE: Spurs fans lack of class. (Sorry, Spurs Fan, you're an exception.)

I agree. That shot by Bowen was a cheap shot, and I am proud of Finley for not just taking it and ignoring it. I still don't think San Antonio fans have anything to be proud of... the mavs obviously weren't trying last night on defense (i don't know why) and SA still loses the series 1-3.
mavsman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2004, 03:44 PM   #3
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Fans will be fans. If Spurs fans want to defend their guy and make Fin out to be the instigator, I could really care less. I don't see it that way, but there you have it.
Old 03-06-2004, 03:48 PM   #4
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know if this is the best place to reach Sprus fans. Your points may be valid, but you're kinda preaching to the choir.

Unfortunatly sports sometimes brings out the worst in fans. Look at how many posters on this site defended Fortson after he put Chabarkaba(sp) out for the season. When you lurk on message boards of other teams after a loss, it's often at your own peril.
Old 03-06-2004, 08:04 PM   #5
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Well said grndmstr_c, fans will be fans. Who cares what they say? We know what happened there..... and we will most DEFINITELY remember this next time we meet the Spurs. That's all that matters.

Dirno, just a quick correct, Zarko Cabarkapa is already playing again for the Suns.
Old 03-06-2004, 08:22 PM   #6
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

Quote:
(Sorry, Spurs Fan, you're an exception.)
"Thanks, Spurs Fan, you're an exception."
Old 03-08-2004, 11:09 AM   #7
Spurs Fan

Spurs Fan is a jewel in the roughSpurs Fan is a jewel in the roughSpurs Fan is a jewel in the roughSpurs Fan is a jewel in the roughSpurs Fan is a jewel in the rough
Default RE:Spurs fans lack of class. (Sorry, Spurs Fan, you're an exception.)

Quote:
Originally posted by: Chiwas
Quote:
(Sorry, Spurs Fan, you're an exception.)
"Thanks, Spurs Fan, you're an exception."
Thank you. Unfortunately, every team has fans that are, well, ignorant and blind. For the most part, though, I think the vast majority of both Dallas and San Antonio fans have a great deal of class. It was mentioned earlier in this thread that you lurk at an opponents forum at your own risk, and that is absolutely true. It certainly isn't for the faint of heart, or thin-skinned.

I did not get to see the Dallas/SA game Friday night, but I did see the replays time and again. Understand that I did not see the entire game in replay, so I can't really tell for sure that the supposed sequence of events is correct, but my conclusion is that BOTH Fin and Bowen were out of line. Playing good, hard, physical basketball is great; throwing elbows is not. IMO, you retaliate by your legal play on the court, not by throwing elbows. Elbows can be lethal weapons, and have no part in ANY basketball players repertoire.

You guys took us 3-1 this year. Congratulations. I actually hate that fact more than anything, since I have to listen to my brother-in-law (he's got bragging rights now). We're done with each other until the playoffs. I, for one, can't wait for them to start...

Good luck with the rest of your season. As long as you stay at least half a game behind my Spurs, I want ya'll to win 'em all...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Spurs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 02:13 AM   #8
JDA

JDA is on a distinguished road
Default RE:Spurs fans lack of class. (Sorry, Spurs Fan, you're an exception.)

I think both Bowen and Finely were both wrong for what they did, maybe even Bowen more than Finely. Although, if you have ever played any competitive sports, you know that the compitition can get in a player's head. I think it was just a little physical play that went to fare. I'm just glad no one got hurt and no one got suspended, on either side. I would rather see a game like Friday night when it gets a little out of hand than have to watch a Hawks vs. Clippers game when non of the players give a damn by giving about 80%!

As for the comments about Spurs fan's, I totally don't agree with your comments, LoveMyMavs14, but I still respect were you are coming from. In every team's fan base there are a-holes. On the other hand, most of us just want to see both teams compete at their highest level, hope that your own team wins and both sides go home healthy.

JDA
Spurs Fan
JDA is offline   Reply With Quote