Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 03-07-2004, 10:57 PM   #1
rakesh.s
Golden Member

rakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of light
Default Minnesota loses to Boston in a nationally televised snoozer

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/recap?gid=2004030716

mavs really should've closed out the games against the spurs and rockets. i believe they would've been 1 game behind the wolves in the loss column for the 2nd seed
rakesh.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-2004, 11:02 PM   #2
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future
Default RE:Minnesota loses to Boston in a nationally televised snoozer

If we had won the last 3, we would be ahead of the Timberwolves by now. I wish the Mavs would WAKE UP!
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 11:55 PM   #3
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Minnesota loses to Boston in a nationally televised snoozer

It's a shame that the Mavs have failed to gain and overtake the Timberwolves (not to mention Spurs). I don't think they'll be given another chance to do so.
Old 03-08-2004, 12:05 AM   #4
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

And to make matters worse, the Grizzlies' win over the Warrirors tonight pulls them to within a half-game of the Mavericks for 5th place.

If I'm not mistaken, the Mavs will now be closer to 7th place than to 1st.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 12:18 AM   #5
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

This is all very depressing [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 12:23 AM   #6
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

On the upside, Memphis has San Antonio, Clippers and Houston coming up for their next three games. They could very well lose all three of those.

Still, I can't believe I've gotta worry about the freakin Grizzlies taking over the Mavs' standing.

For lack of a better term, this sucks.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 01:20 AM   #7
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of
Default RE: Minnesota loses to Boston in a nationally televised snoozer

This could be a good thing in a way. If we drop to 6th or 7th seed, there's a good possibility that we could face the Wolves in the first round. We could still beat them.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 01:26 AM   #8
Shaq Attack2

Shaq Attack2 is on a distinguished road

How was this Boston-Twolves game a snoozer? I was wire to wire.

Anyway, Twolves are falling a bit, but still look great if you know what to look for. Defense looks solid and offense looks fine. They'll be in great shape either way come April.
Shaq Attack2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 11:13 AM   #9
4cwebb
Golden Member

4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally posted by: Shaq Attack2
How was this Boston-Twolves game a snoozer? I was wire to wire.

Anyway, Twolves are falling a bit, but still look great if you know what to look for. Defense looks solid and offense looks fine. They'll be in great shape either way come April.
I don't think their offense looks all that great...their big outburst was against the Mavs, for one. That's like giving a team credit for making layups (same can be said of my Kings, by the way, who don't like to stop anyone either). In two of their last three losses they have failed to reach the 80-point mark...are they morphing into the Spurs or something?

4cwebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 10:37 PM   #10
mavsman55
Platinum Member

mavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura about

If mavs can regain their composure, they will torch Minny in the 1st round.
Back to the Celtics game, Pierce was makin me mad takin all those shots at the end of the game (he was like 4/20 or somethin crazy like that).
Welsch kept them in that game.
mavsman55 is offline   Reply With Quote