Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 03-12-2004, 04:33 PM   #1
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Vinny Testeverde? A Cowboy?

It is being reported by ESPN that the Cowboys want Vinny to come in and back up Qspare and Hutch. My first reaction was hell no, but if we are committed to starting Qspare, then I like the move. Vinny could push Qspare (kind of) but more importantly, he could provide Qspare with the mentor that has thus far eluded him in his NFL career. If the Cowboys are committed to Qspare as the starter, then I like the move.....if they aren't....hell no.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-12-2004, 04:42 PM   #2
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future
Default RE: Vinny Testeverde? A Cowboy?

i really think hutch and romo are out the door. they will try to get a mid to low round pick for hutch and cut their losses. with their public disinterest in jeff garcia and couch, they seem fully commited to going with carter, trying to grab a vet like vinny, and then trying to groom a young qb like henson.

smart thinking.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 04:43 PM   #3
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Vinny Testeverde? A Cowboy?

Do you honestly think that Parcells will stick with QStink if there's a veteran alternative on the roster?
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 05:10 PM   #4
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

well garcia was on the market and they werent interested. imho, garcia is miles better than qcar will ever be.

couch is a veteran now going into his 5th or 6th season. no interest.

vinny is 67 and is past his window to be a starter. they just want someone who wont lose games in the meantime. not that carter will win them any games...

but i digress. to answer your question, yes qcar will be the starter.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 05:43 PM   #5
Drbio
Banned

On Stanky's best day, he couldn't carry Garcia's jock. No argument there.

The issue is whether or not Parcells has committed to going with Qspare. If he is, then a signing like Vinny is a good idea. If he realizes the fact that Qstank is never going to be more than a backup, then we need to sign a vet who can step up and pay consistently.
Old 03-12-2004, 05:50 PM   #6
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

May want to tap the breaks on Garcia. Put him in Cleveland without T.O. and he'll be average to below average. It's the Randy Moss effect...any QB that plays with Randy Moss will put up big numbers (see Gus Ferotte) and any QB that plays with T.O. will put up big numbers.

By the same token, Quincy will be better with Keyshawn and a decent back. Will he be good enough? Time will tell.
Old 03-12-2004, 05:54 PM   #7
ddh33
Platinum Member

ddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant future

I still believe that Quincy is temporary. I hope and believe that he can continue to improve. With an improved line and running game, he may even be able to manage games well enough to give us a shot at a Super Bowl. But I think that everyone at the Ranch ius fully aware of Quincy's shortcomings. It's just that there aren't that many available options that are more appealing.

I won't be surprised at all if Henson is brought in with the idea of groomig him to be the franchise QB. It's a risk, but one that could pay off.

In the meantime, it looks like Quincy gets to drive this bus...
ddh33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 05:56 PM   #8
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
May want to tap the breaks on Garcia. Put him in Cleveland without T.O. and he'll be average to below average.
Again....even with this caveat...Qspare couldn't hold Garcia's jock on his best day.
Old 03-13-2004, 12:45 PM   #9
Jamisonite
Golden Member

Jamisonite is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: ddh33

I won't be surprised at all if Henson is brought in with the idea of groomig him to be the franchise QB. It's a risk, but one that could pay off.

In the meantime, it looks like Quincy gets to drive this bus...
you predicted the future my friend
Old 03-31-2004, 10:17 AM   #10
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

From the New York Daily News, March 31, 2004

Vinny may finish up with Tuna

Looks like Bill Parcells will bring Vinny Testaverde to Dallas for reunion.

PALM BEACH, Fla. - Vinny Testaverde, who will be released after June 1, is on the verge of heading to Dallas for a reunion with Bill Parcells and Keyshawn Johnson, sources told the Daily News yesterday.
If Testaverde couldn't finish his career playing for his hometown Jets, then finishing up playing for Parcells, his favorite coach, is almost as good. Testaverde enjoyed his greatest success in 1998, the one full season he played for Parcells. He threw 29 TD passes and just seven INTs, leading the Jets to the AFC title game. Johnson, recently traded by the Bucs to the Cowboys, was his main target.

One source insisted Testaverde and Parcells are definitely hooking up again. Another source confirmed he heard it was going to happen. And a third source revealed he knows the Cowboys have had internal discussions about signing Testaverde. Testaverde indicated at the end of last season he wanted to play another year or two, but retirement was a better option than coming back to the Jets as the No. 3 QB, which is where he was headed.

Does Testaverde still want to play? "Probably," is what his agent, Michael Azzarelli, said yesterday. "My best guess is I think he still wants to play."

How would he feel about playing for Parcells again? "We'll have to see if the opportunity presents itself," he said.

Azzarelli said Testaverde was not available to comment yesterday.

The Jets will cut Testaverde after June 1, splitting his salary-cap charge over two years: $3.5million this year and $4 million next year. If they were to cut him now or trade him at any time, the entire $7.5 million would count this year. So, it's too costly to cut him now, and the Jets couldn't get enough back in a trade to make it worth the cap hit.

Even though Testaverde is 40 and facing his 18th season, the signing would make perfect sense for Parcells, who has a history of surrounding himself with former players in his next job. The Cowboys are not at all sold on Quincy Carter, even though he helped them to a 10-6 season and a playoff spot in Parcells' first year in Dallas. And Drew Henson, out of football since playing for Michigan in 2000, needs time.

Testaverde would challenge Carter in camp and be a mentor for Henson, just like he was for Chad Pennington. It would not be surprising if Parcells picked Testaverde to start the opener against the Vikings and tries to recreate the '98 season with him until Henson is ready. Testaverde, never a good fit in Paul Hackett's West Coast offense, still has a great arm, and if he's protected, can be a productive player.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 10:24 AM   #11
MavsFanatik33
Platinum Member

MavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura aboutMavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura about

Would this make the depth chart:
1. QCar
2. Vinny
3. Henson?
MavsFanatik33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 10:41 AM   #12
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: MavsFanatik33
Would this make the depth chart:
1. QCar
2. Vinny
3. Henson?
Yes, until about the 3rd week of training camp when it becomes:
1. Vinny
2. QCar
3. Henson

And by the 8th game:
1. Vinny
2. Henson
3. QCar

And by next year:
1. Henson
2. Vinny
3. New Rookie QB or maybe Romo/Hutch whoever gets to the practice squad

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 10:46 AM   #13
MavsFanatik33
Platinum Member

MavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura aboutMavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura about

LOL, another QCar hater...let's ease up on the guy and see what he can do this year.
What about a running back? Have we let that issue go?
Old 03-31-2004, 10:47 AM   #14
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Draft!!!
Old 03-31-2004, 10:49 AM   #15
MavsFanatik33
Platinum Member

Well Dan, what good running back could we get with the...25th pick or whatever...
Old 03-31-2004, 11:06 AM   #16
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well Dan, what good running back could we get with the...25th pick or whatever...
Jackson, Jones, Perry, (depending on who is left in no particular order)...

Check out this also! for more talk about this very topic!!!
Old 03-31-2004, 11:34 AM   #17
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
LOL, another QCar hater...let's ease up on the guy and see what he can do this year.
What about a running back? Have we let that issue go?
I never said I hated QCar.
I will give you my opinion though, since you have branded me as a QCar hater.

QCar is not an accurate QB, although he is a fairly mobile one. Vinny has an accurate, strong arm, and veteran leadership. Henson is the QB of the future (hopefully).
QCar will start out the starter, but Vinny will take over because he is Big Bill's guy. He can drive the bus the way that Big Bill wants it driven, and gives the Cowboys the best chance of winning now.
<u>If Henson is coming along, and considered the QB of the future</u>, then this makes more sense than leaving QCar as the driver, and then having the QB controversy down the line. If Vinny takes over, then he has to give a year at starter, then a year at backup before retiring.

QCar will not take the demotion well. He didn't before. He will end up third string eventually though because of his believing that he should be the starting QB, while in all actuality, they will really just be preping Henson to take over.

QCar will not remain a third string QB, so he will be traded in the off-season next year to a team needing QB help. I will give you the perfect example of a QB just like QCar - Cordell Stewart. He has flashes of greatness, and years of ineptitude. He wants it his way, but it never seems to work out. He will frustrate a coach to the point of CHANGE.

It comes down to this:
Jimmy Johnson said it best when asked who he would rather have Aikman or Favre in about '93 or '94. paraphrased "at this point in there careers, Troy Aikman, because although both will make plays, Troy won't lose the game for you". Troy ended up with 3 rings, and Favre with one, although Favre is considered to be the better skilled QB.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

Old 03-31-2004, 11:55 AM   #18
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

I can give you that last Johnson paraphrase, but that is only true if the overall talent around the two quarterbacks favors Aikman... Aikman is one of the best quarterbacks of all time due to his successes, but their isnt a WORLDS difference from him and Dilfer... They are both consistent quarterbacks that NEVER get 300 yard games and make few mistakes... Now sure, Aikman is much MORE consistent than Dilfer, but is there really that much difference in their game???

My point is, you put Aikman on the Packers in a season that Favre wins them 10 games, and Aikman wins them 8... Favre is a guy that can put a poor team on his back and lead them anywhere... He is one of the most UNDERRATED quarterbacks in the history of the game...

Anyway... Back on topic...

I have been as willing as anyone to give Q a chance; however, I know his limits, and they are many... I would love to see Vinny mentor both Drew and Q with the hopes of ONE OF THEM, no matter which one, becoming a quality franchise quarterback...

If you asked me now which one I think that will be, sure, I would follow the hype and say Drew... But dont be suprised if Q becomes the better quarterback out of the two with his work ethic and passion for the game, (where as you must question Drew's with his preference for Baseball over Football)... Sure, you can say Quincy had that same preference, but I know he turned his passion around... I dont know if Drew can do that yet...
Old 03-31-2004, 11:56 AM   #19
Drbio
Banned

nice post dalmations
Old 03-31-2004, 12:28 PM   #20
Nicky31

Nicky31 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: Drbio
nice post dalmations

I agree..very well put dal202...

Nicky31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 02:01 PM   #21
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Does anybody really think Henson's ready to go next year? If not, then I think Testaverde is a good decision, period. He'll be available to help Carter develop and also to spot start if Carter gets hurt. Unless somebody can show me a better option that is viable financially, I think everyone should just get used to the idea that Carter will start next year. Honestly, I think starting Carter one more year IS the best move, provided that the Boys can draft a good RB and improve the OL. With a good OL, a legitimate running game, and an improved WR core, who knows? Carter might even actually win a playoff game.

Sadly, that would probably upset a lot of people.

Old 03-31-2004, 02:05 PM   #22
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Vinny will be a good signing because if Carter were to go down with an injury you don't want Henson out there until he is ready.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 02:07 PM   #23
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: FilthyFinMavs
Vinny will be a good signing because if Carter were to go down with an injury you don't want Henson out there until he is ready.
Even before the Vinny signing, I think Hutch would have went out there in this situation before Henson... But I get the idea in that now you have a more qualified guy stepping in under those circumstances...
Old 03-31-2004, 02:13 PM   #24
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: Male22Dan
Quote:
Originally posted by: FilthyFinMavs
Even before the Vinny signing, I think Hutch would have went out there in this situation before Henson... But I get the idea in that now you have a more qualified guy stepping in under those circumstances...
I agree however I think the idea of Hutch not returning has been set in the heads of the Cowboys for awhile now.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 02:16 PM   #25
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Probably...

So does Hutch get put on the practice squad and Romo cut, or vice versa???
Old 03-31-2004, 02:18 PM   #26
dalmations202
Diamond Member

Does Vinny come here just to be a backup? I can't imagine him at his age, moving from the Jets and his hometown to Dallas, just to keep a clipboard in his hands. I know that he loved Parcells, and that Parcells liked him, but I would guess that if he were going to resign as "just a backup", he would just rework his contract and stay the backup for the Jets behind Pennington. I am going to assume, and I admit that it is an assumption, that he gets a guarantee that he at least gets a chance to be the starter.

Quote:
Testaverde would challenge Carter in camp and be a mentor for Henson, just like he was for Chad Pennington. It would not be surprising if Parcells picked Testaverde to start the opener against the Vikings and tries to recreate the '98 season with him until Henson is ready. Testaverde, never a good fit in Paul Hackett's West Coast offense, still has a great arm, and if he's protected, can be a productive player.

Old 03-31-2004, 02:19 PM   #27
dalmations202
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Male22Dan
Probably...

So does Hutch get put on the practice squad and Romo cut, or vice versa???
I am guessing that it depends on how Hutch does in Europe.

Old 03-31-2004, 02:22 PM   #28
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

Where's Bernie Kosar?
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 02:28 PM   #29
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I admit that it is an assumption, that he gets a guarantee that he at least gets a chance to be the starter.
I think that's a fair assumption. Testaverde will get the chance to push Carter, and if he doesn't respond, Perhaps Vinnie is the starter next year. He's certainly capable of running Bill's offense, provided that we can keep him off his ass.

Old 03-31-2004, 02:33 PM   #30
dalmations202
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: kg_veteran
Quote:
I admit that it is an assumption, that he gets a guarantee that he at least gets a chance to be the starter.
I think that's a fair assumption. Testaverde will get the chance to push Carter, and if he doesn't respond, Perhaps Vinnie is the starter next year. He's certainly capable of running Bill's offense, provided that we can keep him off his ass.
KG,
You put one big PROVISION on it. If we can't, QCar will be the only QB that can dodge the incoming linemen anyway.

Old 03-31-2004, 02:36 PM   #31
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

That's kind of my point.
Old 03-31-2004, 02:49 PM   #32
dalmations202
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: kg_veteran
That's kind of my point.
So does that mean they take a OT in the first round? and get the "quality" RB in the second?

Old 03-31-2004, 03:57 PM   #33
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

I think Hutch has to be CUT. I don't think you can put a player under a longterm contract on the practice squad. Second, before a player can be put on the practice squad, I believe every team has a right to claim him (equivalent to waivers).

My only thought is that Vinny is signed to a minumum deal with very little or no bonus and wait to see if Hutch lights up Euro-league. If Hutch does light it up, Vinny gets cut. If Hutch doesn't, Hutch get cut. Either that, or Hutch is as good as gone as it is.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 04:06 PM   #34
dalmations202
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Dooby
I think Hutch has to be CUT. I don't think you can put a player under a longterm contract on the practice squad. Second, before a player can be put on the practice squad, I believe every team has a right to claim him (equivalent to waivers).

My only thought is that Vinny is signed to a minumum deal with very little or no bonus and wait to see if Hutch lights up Euro-league. If Hutch does light it up, Vinny gets cut. If Hutch doesn't, Hutch get cut. Either that, or Hutch is as good as gone as it is.
Vinny won't be cut till after June 1. You should know about Hutch by then.

Old 03-31-2004, 04:19 PM   #35
Nicky31

Nicky31 is on a distinguished road

I think even if Hutch lights it up overseas you go ahead trade him for a pick. There is no way that Henson is going to be able learn more from Hutch then he would from Vinny. If the Cowboy's are serious about Henson being the future. The QB lineup will be:

Whoever wins the starting job...(Quincy or Vinny) all depends on if they really upgrade through the draft on OL. If they do then I could really see Vinny starting over Quincy, but if they don't then mobility will win out again this season...

Henson will not even suit up this season...(even though he will already be able to beat out Qunicy come training camp)

Nicky31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 04:27 PM   #36
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

Id rather see if Couch could come in here and have a chance to win the job. He has a pedigree he was the freakin number one overall draft pick a few years ago. Maybe a change of scenery could do him good. As far as Backs go I heard that Kevin Jones could go to the Cowboys. Kevin Jones squats 580 pounds, runs a 4.38 40 yard dash.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 04:43 PM   #37
dalmations202
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: jayC
Id rather see if Couch could come in here and have a chance to win the job. He has a pedigree he was the freakin number one overall draft pick a few years ago. Maybe a change of scenery could do him good. As far as Backs go I heard that Kevin Jones could go to the Cowboys. Kevin Jones squats 580 pounds, runs a 4.38 40 yard dash.
My preference would be for them to take Curt Warner for 3 years (3 years to develop Henson). I am guessing he will be cut or traded around June 1. He was the MVP of the league, and if his injuries will heal, could be again. It doesn't really matter though, if they don't get a better line for the QB. If they don't upgrade there, or at least get healthy; QCar is your best bet, as he is the most mobile.

As for RB, draft one, and bring in a vet also.

Old 03-31-2004, 04:52 PM   #38
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

If I am teaching, I'd rather have Vinny than Warner. And if the O-line is not improved, Warner would be a dead man.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 04:54 PM   #39
OutletPass
Diamond Member

OutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really nice

Quote:
Kevin Jones ....., runs a 4.38 40 yard dash.
-- Not really...he ran a 4.61, a 4.63 and a 4.65 in his first pro day. A week later, he ran a 4.55 in his 2nd pro day. I like him, but he wasn't anywhere close to 4.38.
Old 03-31-2004, 05:05 PM   #40
dalmations202
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Dooby
If I am teaching, I'd rather have Vinny than Warner. And if the O-line is not improved, Warner would be a dead man.
True, but if I am trying to win it all, and develop a young QB, Warner could be the guy. You are correct, if the O-line doesn't improve, then QCar is better than either of them with his mobility. I have a hard time turning down a ex-league MVP. It is like the question of bringing in Favre if he is available. I would in a heartbeat. Even if he only had a couple of years left in him. Especially if you can get him for, not big $$$.