Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 03-18-2004, 01:57 AM   #1
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light
Default Minny Vs Spurs

I am rooting for minny on this one. I think midwest champ is out of reach, IMO. Lets rally and get the 3rd or 4th and we need help from SA to do it since our players did not show up.
Old 03-18-2004, 02:07 AM   #2
Kid California

Kid California is on a distinguished road
Default RE: Minny Vs Spurs

And Sac lost 2 straight, could be 3 come friday. Neone think Minny can take number 1?
Kid California is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 02:07 AM   #3
OutletPass
Diamond Member

OutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really nice
Default RE:Minny Vs Spurs

ok...MFForever...we're 2 1/2 behind the Lakes for 3rd...and they have the easiest schedule...

We're 1 1/2 behind the Spurs for 4th. But we're tied with Memphis and they're 8-2 in the last ten while the Mavs are 5-5....

3rd is impossible.
4th is improbable.
5th may be had.
6th is likely.
7th could happen..

So EXACTLY how do we get to 3rd or 4th ?

Lay it out game by game.

Old 03-18-2004, 02:13 AM   #4
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

4th is not improbable. I think duncan's injury is really serious and we can hope that spurs lose a few without TD. My guess is he might miss another 10 games before he comes back. Now, we have a home game against memphis and that might be the one that might take us over memphis. I think 3rd is out of question but 4th is definitely a possibility.

On the paper, mavs have a pretty easy schedule except Indiana, Sac and NJ games.
Old 03-18-2004, 02:38 AM   #5
Kid California

Kid California is on a distinguished road

Lakers are not playing well, yet.
Lakers have:
Clippers- Lakers barely pulled it off Wednesday, this one could be up in the air.
Bucks- W
Kings- L-
Wolves- L
Jazz- W
Hornets- Hornets beat them when they were healthy without mash, definite possibility
Rockets- Yao?
Sonics-W
Spurs-Win Win situation
Blazers-Blazers have been pretty hot, lets see how long they can keep it going
Grizz- Win Win Situation
Kings- L
Warriors-W
Blazers-L

Spurs:
Wolves-L
Celtics-W
Wolves-L
Pistons-L
Suns- W
Cavs- Cavs are hot
Kings-L
Jazz-W
Lakers- Win Win Situation
Sonics-W
Blazers-L
Clippers-W
Blazers-L
Nuggets-W

This probably wishful thinking though. The cavs pulled off 6 straight, so anything is possible. Mavs need to get it going, or else it really doesnt matter if lakers and spurs lose or not.
Kid California is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 06:03 AM   #6
Shaq Attack2

Shaq Attack2 is on a distinguished road

If anything, you want Minny and Sac to do their thing and the Spurs and Lakers to lose as much as possible, because let's face it, 2 seed is pretty much out of reach and 1 seed is very much out of reach.

So anyway....with the Lakers, yeah, they always play down to the competition; last 4 games have been Celtics, Bulls, Magic and Clippers, 2 on the road and 2 at home, yet they were all close to the very end, so the Lakers could definitely drop some. However, their next 7 games are all at Staples and they're 90% healthy now, getting better by the day, so I don't see them dropping more than one or two games, one of which will probably be the Kings because Kobe will miss that game due to his legal mess. 4th seed is your best bet because of Duncan, who won't be back in any real capacity for at least another 1-2 weeks from what information I've been able to gather. Spur's schedule isn't very difficult, but they could drop some. Grizzlies schedule is very difficult and I see them locked into 5th seed unless you guys drop 4 games or something bad like that.

A .650 finish and the Mavs lock up 4th seed, assuming Spurs drop some due to Duncan's absence and Grizzlies don't go on some miraculous tear.
Shaq Attack2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 10:29 AM   #7
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

The Mavs should just concentrate on making the playoffs instead of worrying about home court right now.
Old 03-18-2004, 10:32 AM   #8
MikeB
Golden Member

MikeB has a spectacular aura aboutMikeB has a spectacular aura about

The sad thing MFF is that the Mavs appear to be worried about what they are doing...AFTER the game...because they don't look really worried when playing.
MikeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 08:13 PM   #9
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Duncan's back in the line up tonight.

This is going to be good.

Regardless of the standings, I'm going to root for the Spurs tonight. Why? Well, because that's who I'd like to see win the game. I much rather root for a Tim Duncan led team than a Kevin Garnett led team.

I think its pretty pointless to worry about competing with San Antonio for HCA. Even if the opportunity presented itself on a platter, I feel the Mavs just aren't hungry enough this year to take advantage of it.

The Mavs are a 5th or 6th seed team, and will be damn lucky to not drop yet another spot before the end of the regular season. You can call that being pessimistic, but with only 15 or so games left to play, I think we all have a pretty good idea where this team is headed.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 10:42 PM   #10
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

Grizzlies lose today to sonics.
Old 03-18-2004, 11:30 PM   #11
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

I'm going for Spurs in this one. I think we can still catch Minnie if we fair out well beating the teams we are suppose to. If Minnie wins this i'm not to sure.

Next week the Spurs could possibly lose to the Cavs and Pistons who are pretty good Eastern teams but you know how that goes sometimes. T-Wolves have been struggling and they may lose tonight. They could lose to the Rockets or the Lakers. They also have to play the Spurs again on the 23rd.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 11:52 PM   #12
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

We lucked out with Memphis losing to Seattle tonight. The Mavs have been given another chance to distance themselves from them. Will they make something of it this time?

I'm rooting for Minnesota because it's more realistic that we catch the Spurs or Lakers for one of the final home court positions. It's asking too much to surpass both Minnesota and Spurs to win the midwest division this late in the season.
Old 03-19-2004, 12:09 AM   #13
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: MavsFanFinley
We lucked out with Memphis losing to Seattle tonight. The Mavs have been given another chance to distance themselves from them. Will they make something of it this time?

I'm rooting for Minnesota because it's more realistic that we catch the Spurs or Lakers for one of the final home court positions. It's asking too much to surpass both Minnesota and Spurs to win the midwest division this late in the season.
Look at how much the T-Wolves have been losing this past week. Back to back losses to the Blazers? A loss tonight? I think they are going to start going downward on the charts. The Spurs have been losing recently also. We may not catch them but I think it's possible if the Mavs go on some sort of streak here. That there is alot to ask with our problems on the road but we will see. I'm just one of the few optimistic Mavs fans left. That's not to bash anyone who isn't optimistic because I understand those who feel first round exit all the way.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote