Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 04-01-2004, 11:16 PM   #1
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of
Default DAL/PHI/WAS/MIA

Dallas trades: PF Antoine Walker (14.2 ppg, 8.6 rpg, 4.6 apg in 35.3 minutes)
Dallas receives: PF Brian Grant (8.7 ppg, 7.1 rpg, 0.9 apg in 30.8 minutes)
SF Udonis Haslem (7.5 ppg, 6.3 rpg, 0.7 apg in 24.4 minutes)
C Samuel Dalembert (7.5 ppg, 7.2 rpg, 0.2 apg in 25.6 minutes)
Change in team outlook: +9.5 ppg, +12.0 rpg, and -2.8 apg.

Washington trades: PG Gilbert Arenas (20.3 ppg, 4.9 rpg, 5.2 apg in 38.4 minutes)
SF Jerry Stackhouse (14.0 ppg, 3.6 rpg, 4.1 apg in 29.7 minutes)
Washington receives: SG Allen Iverson (26.4 ppg, 3.7 rpg, 6.8 apg in 48 games)
Change in team outlook: -7.9 ppg, -4.8 rpg, and -2.5 apg.

Miami trades: PF Brian Grant (8.7 ppg, 7.1 rpg, 0.9 apg in 30.8 minutes)
SF Udonis Haslem (7.5 ppg, 6.3 rpg, 0.7 apg in 24.4 minutes)
Miami receives: PF Antoine Walker (14.2 ppg, 8.6 rpg, 4.6 apg in 74 games)
Change in team outlook: -2.0 ppg, -4.8 rpg, and +3.0 apg.

Philadelphia trades: SG Allen Iverson (26.4 ppg, 3.7 rpg, 6.8 apg in 42.5 minutes)
C Samuel Dalembert (7.5 ppg, 7.2 rpg, 0.2 apg in 25.6 minutes)
Philadelphia receives: PG Gilbert Arenas (20.3 ppg, 4.9 rpg, 5.2 apg in 48 games)
SF Jerry Stackhouse (14.0 ppg, 3.6 rpg, 4.1 apg in 23 games)
Change in team outlook: +0.4 ppg, -2.4 rpg, and +2.3 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

Due to Dallas, Washington, Miami and Philadelphia being over the cap, the 15% trade rule is invoked. Dallas, Washington, Miami and Philadelphia had to be no more than 115% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-2004, 11:37 PM   #2
OutletPass
Diamond Member

OutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really nice
Default RE:DAL/PHI/WAS/MIA

Whoa.."The Nash" ..that's a NEW idea. I have to digest that one...all that really works ?

Just give me Skip "AndOne" from Miami with that for Najera/Fortsonand I won't think for another half second. Done deal...but I bet Philly chokes on that one. That's a BIG time risk for Philly.
Old 04-01-2004, 11:56 PM   #3
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of
Default RE: DAL/PHI/WAS/MIA

Yes, it really works.

If Philly is serious about trading Iverson, that's as much equal value as they'll possibly get. We'd have no room for Alston if Daniels gets the backup spot, but it would make since because of Brian Grant.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 09:05 AM   #4
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

From a Dallas perspective: Done
From a Washington perspective: I'd take that chance
From a Miami perspective: I'd take that chance
From a Philly perspective: Could I get something better for giving up a superstar and a young "Big"? Maybe ? ?

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 06:07 PM   #5
toucandave

toucandave is on a distinguished road

Can someone please tell me what the fascination is with B. Grant? Why would we want another (older and less productive)PF? Surely he wouldn't play center would he?
toucandave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 07:19 PM   #6
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Brian Grant's no great prize, espcially with that contract, but he is a good defender and rebounder, and can knock down the midrange jumper with respectable regularity. At any rate, the prize in this trade proposal would be Dalembert, IMO. Grant just makes the cap numbers work.
Old 04-03-2004, 02:21 AM   #7
Jamisonite
Golden Member

Jamisonite is on a distinguished road

Ok i dont think Washington does this deal...Arenas has great potentail...IMO one of the top PGs in the league
Old 04-03-2004, 09:05 AM   #8
mavsman55
Platinum Member

mavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura about

From a Philly point of view, I'm not sure if they're ready to send Eric Snow to the bench just yet. But other than that, everything else evens out pretty well. Good idea Nash13.
mavsman55 is offline   Reply With Quote