Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-21-2004, 12:32 AM   #1
NYCdog

NYCdog will become famous soon enoughNYCdog will become famous soon enough
Default The scoop on the Memphis Grizzlies new logo and uniforms for next season........

I brought this up during my silly little spat with Shaq Attack2 (who still claims I'm a Rockets homer of all damn things)

I knew this would pique some of your curosity's around here so here's what I know.........

I've had recieved a copy of the new, unrevealed logo (.JPEGs, with the Pantones listed) for a about a month now form my source at SSUR.ORG, and it's just been killing me to keep quiet about it.

But I'm sure some of you might know how freakin' paranoid I get about saying too much, as it could get me in some hot water.

Just so anyone doesn get pissed off and think this is a tease.......

I CANNOT POST A PIC OF THE NEW LOGO AND UNIFORMS.........JUST OFFICIAL DETAILS. That's it.......NUFF SAID

The logo will feature a modern-looking Triple-Blue shaded bear head (straight on) with Gold eyes........for those wondering the bear head doesn't resemble the old WFL Grizzlies/Southmen.......

One of the secondary logo's is actually the one that they're currently using. The one with the bear claw clutching the basketball. Only, it's using the new colors, a Gold basketball with a triple-shaded Blue claw.

That's why the Grizz are using this "bearmark" logo more often.......ie placing it at center court. Cause its the only one staying........

The font so far chosen is in the former Cavaliers/Blue Jays style... with the double lines in same color bordering a line in the middle........its currently in use by the Toronto Raptors on their jersey's.........

As for the team's colors, this is where it might get interesting. The Grizzlies have already given most fans a hint of there new colors, but most fans dont really pick up on it that fast as they dont know what to look for.

The hint is to look at the color of the seats of the FedExForum in its latest renderings.........

As in most cases, teams who are sole tenants going into new facilities almost always have the seats the same color as the team's primary color. The Spurs black seats at SBC, Blazers have red seats at Rose Garden, Warriors have blue seats at AOK, Rockets have Red at Toyota Center, and Miami's Fire colored seats are ALL good examples of this trend........

Now to anyone who's seen the new updated renderings of the new FedExForum like pictured below..........If you have ever wondered why the seats are Blue instead of Red, Black or Bronze, here's why.......

The colors wont be the rumored bronze, red, and black that was actually first agreed upon.

The Grizz new colors will be Dark Blue, Medium Blue, Light Blue, and Gold.

I would love to post the official colors up them selves for everyone to see cause I know how to specify HTML colors to use to apply arbitrary colors in messages........but D-M.com doesnt appear to have a color function for putting text into colors.

<u>Mods I would need your help for this one</u>..........I'm not really supposed to do this but, here are the HTML color codes. If you guys could get these posted for me, fans here could see the actual colors the Grizz will be sporting next season.

HTML color codes as follows.........

#00244D for DARK BLUE
#788CB3 for MEDIUM BLUE
#C7CFD9 for LIGHT BLUE
#FCC917 for GOLD

In the meanwhile, to give fans an idea of the new Grizz colors.....the closest match to this set would be what the Seattle Seahawks are using, It appears to me that most of the bluish hues appear to be derived from their color palette, especially Medium Blue, which closely resembles the shade they call Seahawk Blue, just a tad bit lighter though. Like Seahawk Blue, the Medium Blue shade the Grizz choose is a color that is totally unique to the sporting world. It's not royal, it's not navy, and it's not midnight. It's closer to silver, but not quite. It has just a hint of shimmer. That color along with the Light Blue are very unique Pantone shades. No one else in any sport, in any league are using them.

And what made the Light Blue hue the Grizz will use unique is that its an even lighter shade of Medium Blue. Its even more closer to silver, so much so I believe some fans will get mixed up and call it silver or grey, thus likening it to the Nashville Predators set which also includes Silver, Gold and Navy.

The Gold is an accent in most of the sets, but is more prominent in the secondary logos.

Personally, I think using these complicated unique colors might present delays to the Grizz process of unveiling their new look.

These complicated colors (Medium Blue, Light Blue) could probably delay the process because the manufacturers for the NBA might have a hard time matching it. Manufacturers of the new Grizz gear could use several hundred pre-made colors, but still might not have anything that exactly matches the new hues the Grizzles actually want used. Finding the formula to "source" the color just might take some extra time.

Word is look for it to be released around Draft time, most likely the week before the Draft.

As soon as I can release it, you guys will get it here first........

Oh BTW, I knew this would come up as well............

For all the Mav fans out there who took the time to read this thread, here's your reward..............

FYI........Early word on the Mavs new alternates designed by Sean "Puffy" Combs........Combs is thinking retro by putting "Mavericks" in the team's Western script that thew used in the 80's and 90's.

That may change however as "Mavericks" in its current squeeze font format looks very appealing to the designers as well. The problem with the squeeze script is that NBA properties has complained in the past that they thought the squeeze script was too tought to read on a jersey. That squeeze script was originally tabbed for the Mavs current uni's until NBA properties forced a change to the much easier to read current script being used.

No decision has been made on the script as yet.........but I'm thinking to expect the retro look.

The color of the jersey might also switch from that awefull metallic grey to the laser blue color that the Mavs used to sport in the 90's and still use as an accent color on the current road uniforms.

Should be interesting to see what he comes up with, especially if they choose to go the retro look which is highly likely.

Old 04-21-2004, 12:35 AM   #2
NYCdog

NYCdog will become famous soon enoughNYCdog will become famous soon enough
Default RE:The scoop on the Memphis Grizzlies new logo and uniforms for next season........

WTF..........I coulda sworn I made this thread in the NBA forum...........

Mods please move this to where it belongs.........unless if you want to keep it here because of the Mavs alty info I posted as well......

Your choice.........