Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-21-2004, 11:29 AM   #1
Richard

Richard is on a distinguished road
Default Dissection done, amputations delayed, let's talk game 3

Not trying to cut off anyone who needs to rake the mavs over the coals some more for the first two games (like I could if I wanted to!) but, now that we have kind of gotten on the record what happened so it can be reviewed after the season to see which offending parts ought to be amputated, my thoughts turn to game three and I have an disconcerting thought.

It seems to me that the second game (and Najera) had a decidedly negative impact on Webber. He seemed to be clearly wearing down in the second half. The last few weeks of the season seemed to also establish that kind of trend with Webber. Good game or two, then he would seem to wear down and go bad for awhile. Great news for a team facing him in a seven game playoff series grind, right? Yes, UNLESS THE LEAGUE JUST HAPPENED TO SCHEDULE A FREAKY 4 DAY VACATION IN MIDDLE OF THE PLAYOFF SERIES.

I mean, can you guys think of any team in the league right now who just happens to benifit more from a player getting a chance to get extra days of rest and recuperation then the Kings and Webber? Arggh!

Richard is offline   Reply With Quote