Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-30-2004, 01:37 AM   #1
PubaNWO

PubaNWO is on a distinguished road
Default This really blows!

Now I have no team I can cheer for in the playoffs!!!!

I'm so upset!

This is just horrible!

I don't think I will watch anymore of the NBA playoffs now.....

thanks refs, thanks Comm. Stern, thanks stupid NBA commecricals making an inanimate object pretend to be a girl.....thanks for scripting an AWFUL, AWFUL, AWFUL playoffs story line!

Cuban should be allowed to buy a ring.....the DAMN Yankees and Lakers GET TO DO IT!
PubaNWO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-30-2004, 01:41 AM   #2
Rod1975
Golden Member

Rod1975 is on a distinguished road
Default RE:This really blows!

I would say cheer for the T-Wolves but they have alienated me this year.

Cheer for the Spurs, after all Tim Duncan is the most no-nonsense, humble and likeable player left in the playoffs.
Old 04-30-2004, 01:48 AM   #3
PubaNWO

Default RE: This really blows!

The Spurs are too boring.

I can't get into that team.

I think if I'm bored enough I will cheer for whoever the Lakers are matched up with.
Old 04-30-2004, 03:27 AM   #4
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

I hope the Spurs win it again. I have a problem with Garnett's attitude. The NBA is full of assholes. That's why my favorite team is the Mavs and why I have no problem with the spurs winning again.
Old 04-30-2004, 07:29 AM   #5
raefformvp
Golden Member

raefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant future

I would rather see an Eastern conference team win it this year, preferably the Pacers. I don't want to hear the gloating of any of the Spurs, Kings, or Laker fans on this board. I think it would be great if the Kings (which I just don't see happening) or the Lakers making it to the finals and getting blown out by the Pacers. Poetic justice.

my boy cheering on the Mavs with his Mavs maraca and wearing his Jason Terry headband.
raefformvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 07:46 AM   #6
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

As long as the Lakers don't win I can go on living for another year.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 07:54 AM   #7
mavsman55
Platinum Member

mavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura about

I would root for Minny, but I've lost all respect for them after the blowout this year.
Lakers.... if they lose then at least I'll have something to be happy about.
Spurs... nope, knocked us out last year and I remember stuff like that [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Kings... umm... no.

I'll be rooting for an eastern team, either NJ or Detroit
mavsman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 08:02 AM   #8
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

i'll end up cheering for the pacers.

they're everything i want the mavs to be. great offense, great defense. a gritty clutch veteran, and a core of young athletic horses.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 08:02 AM   #9
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

My favorite team in the East is Detroit (although it is painful to watch them try to score). So I wouldn't be mad if they won it all [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-30-2004, 02:04 PM   #10
PubaNWO

Anyone but the Lakers or NJ.....

Can you imagine NJ as the champs??? FREAKING NJ??

BUT if the Lakers won one more and caused Phil Jackson to retire and Shaq to retire and Kobe to go to jail.....then I will be ok with that. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-30-2004, 02:16 PM   #11
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all

I'd love to cheer for the Spurs but I hate Bowen.

I don't like the Lakers because of Showbe. Might cheer for them so Malone can win one.

Kings are ok too. Christie just gets on my nerves.

Wolves. Yuck! I hope Denver beats them.

In the East, I'd like to see the Pacers vs Indy. I also would like to be Big Ben beating up KMart. I hope NJ gets their asses whooped. Especially Kmart.
Old 04-30-2004, 02:20 PM   #12
PubaNWO

Yeah all those guys get on my nerves as well...

I used to like Bibby a lot but he's starting to really piss me off!

Go Pacers!
Old 04-30-2004, 02:28 PM   #13
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Go spurs.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 02:38 PM   #14
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

I'm a Texan. I'll be rooting for the Spurs.
Old 04-30-2004, 02:47 PM   #15
PubaNWO

Yeah the Spurs can win it and probably will. They're the ones defending the title and if anyone has to win it they should BEAT them to earn it!
Old 04-30-2004, 02:48 PM   #16
PubaNWO

And the title BELONGS in the vastly talentedly superior WEST!

The Least is a complete JOKE!
Old 04-30-2004, 02:50 PM   #17
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

I can't watch the team that knocks my team out of the playoffs, so if Sac shocks the world and makes the Finals then I'm finished for the year. I could care less who wins at this point. Actually I hope the East wins it all.
Old 04-30-2004, 02:57 PM   #18
irontoad
Golden Member

irontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to all

Is it time for next season to start yet???

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
Old 04-30-2004, 03:01 PM   #19
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Well honestly I won't be watching much of it at all anyway now. Just not that invested in it. It's not the NFL after all.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 03:03 PM   #20
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

I love KG's game and mentality...il be rooting for the Tpups and against the Lakers the whooole time

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 03:35 PM   #21
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Go Spurs.....keep the title in Texas!!!!
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 03:41 PM   #22
PubaNWO

I still can't stand this......

there's absolutely nothing to look foward to in the summer!!!

What am I going to do???

Get tortured by the Red Sox again.....? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-30-2004, 04:03 PM   #23
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

What a depressing way to go into the summer. I guess I'll have to hurry up and think of a new hobby to get me through this.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]
Old 05-01-2004, 05:09 PM   #24
mavsman55
Platinum Member

mavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally posted by: Smiles
What a depressing way to go into the summer. I guess I'll have to hurry up and think of a new hobby to get me through this.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]
Try boxing. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
mavsman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004, 09:34 PM   #25
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

Thank God the Rangers are looking pretty good b/c this is becoming a truly depressing sports spring. Not only are both of my teams out, but every other team I like in either the NBA or NHL playoffs also lost in the first round. So. Go Spurs, go Lightning, I guess. Whatever.
Old 05-02-2004, 12:02 AM   #26
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

I'm rooting for, ***GASP*** the Lakers. Even though Malone is on the top of my "List" w/Garnett and Francis, i sympathize with Kobe, i'm actually warming up to Shaq, and Gary Payton is one of my favorite players.

If they lose, i cheer for the Pistons. Ben Wallace is my favorite player.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2004, 12:03 AM   #27
PubaNWO

Quote:
Originally posted by: ames7
Thank God the Rangers are looking pretty good b/c this is becoming a truly depressing sports spring. Not only are both of my teams out, but every other team I like in either the NBA or NHL playoffs also lost in the first round. So. Go Spurs, go Lightning, I guess. Whatever.
The Rangers are looking PHENOMENAL!

Swept the double header against my hitting (now pitching) depraved Red Sox.........what a disappointing weekend!

Hopefully we can end this slide tomorrow.....