Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 05-09-2004, 09:24 PM   #1
giantbenmav

giantbenmav is on a distinguished road
Default UTA Mavericks

Ahoy:

Since I imagine most of you live in the DFW area, including myself, I would like to know what all of you think about the University of Texas - Arlington athletics program.......unfortunately due to a lack of football program, which is hopefully being corrected in teh next few years, our numerous succesful programs are relatively ignored......

Our mens basketball team won their first conference championship in 40 years......our baseball team is one of the top baseball teams in one of the top conferences in college baseball, with several wins each year against top teams. This year they are 5-2 against the Big XII, with a 5 game winning streak against the perennial top 25 team Oklahoma Sooners.......softball made a big splash in the tournament last year beating two of the top teams in the country before falling to another.........

trust me there is more, but I dont want to make this thread too long.........how many of you have been to a UTA sporting event, heck how many of you went to UTA.....I am sure there is at least one more.......if you have not jumped on the UTA bandwagon yet, do it........there is some big things happening at UTA and texas will take notice....

if you want to talk UTA sports go to utamavericks.com

it is a chat site for UTA fans that just started a few weeks ago........

GO MAVS!!!!

Go MAVS!!!!
giantbenmav is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-11-2004, 03:28 PM   #2
jacktruth
Golden Member

jacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud of
Default RE:UTA Mavericks

Quote:
Our mens basketball team won their first conference championship in 40 years
Yes! Man, I'm ashamed I didn't know that. I went to UTA. I'm even going now for MBA. The last game I went to (about '96), UNT came beat us with 7 players on our home court. It was humiliating.

Maybe they can build a place better than Texas Hall for them to play in. Although I like the name, it's a freaking auditorium!

Thanks for the post.
jacktruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 04:47 PM   #3
giantbenmav

giantbenmav is on a distinguished road
Default RE:UTA Mavericks

There has been talk about a new arena.....the new Pres has gone on the record saying texas hall is now a "temprorary" facility......it was in the paper a few weeks ago about having the new arena around the Ballpark and six flags.....but most would like to see it on campus.....the plan is to have football in 5 years and a new arena in 10 (or less).....

both the mens and womens team are exciting to watch....you should come out to a game next year......

Go MAVS!!!!
giantbenmav is offline   Reply With Quote