Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 05-18-2004, 04:08 PM   #1
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold
Default Question on FA sign and trades

I have a question on the ability of a team to trade a FA in a sign and trade deal. What I was wondering is that if we could get a trading partner to sign Marquis Daniels for us and then trade for him, preferably as part of a package for Walker. Is this allowable at all under CBA rules, and if so what restricitions are there?

Also does any one know of some good sites to see what the cap figures are for teams for the 2004-2005 season for the salaries they have already committed to?
Old 05-18-2004, 04:12 PM   #2
Poindexter Einstein
Golden Member

Poindexter Einstein will become famous soon enough
Default RE: Question on FA sign and trades

Re Daniels... no trades are possible. You cant s-n-t someone else's free agent. And Daniels will almost certainly fit outside the parameters of someone the Mavs could trade away or sign-and-trade (per the rules) this summer.

He either signs here, or signs elsewhere. Thats about it.
Poindexter Einstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 04:13 PM   #3
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

As to looking at salaries, I usually use Hoopshype.com, though I have found at least one error there (Dan Gadzuric is listed as not being under contract next year at hoopshype whereas every other source I've found indicates that he is under contract for another year).
Old 05-18-2004, 05:58 PM   #4
Poindexter Einstein
Golden Member

GC ...I wonder if Gadzuric is a RFA, after a 2-yr 2nd round deal. Or alternately, maybe there is a team option for yr 3. Those might help explain the fuzziness somewhat. If I am taking a stab, I would surmise the former.
Old 05-18-2004, 06:05 PM   #5
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Either of those would have been my guess, but hoopshype usually lists options on their salary rundowns, and as I said, the other sources I've checked have him listed as having another year remaining on his current contract (realgm has him as a UFA next summer), which would be inconsistent with him being an RFA right now. I've tended towards believing that he is under contract for another year, just because they yea's outnumber the nay's, but it's possible hoopshype is right.
Old 05-18-2004, 06:32 PM   #6
Poindexter Einstein
Golden Member

Actually a RFA this year, followed by UFA next year, is "standard" contractual setup off a rookie contract under the CBA