Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 05-24-2004, 03:54 PM   #1
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold
Default Pistons v. Pacers

Here's wondering if instead of a G2 Pistons' win, Rasheed shouldn't be guaranteeing more than 4 pts.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-24-2004, 08:22 PM   #2
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold
Default RE:Pistons v. Pacers

Halftime: Game 2

RASHEED WALLACE 18 1-10 0-1 0-0 3 1 1 2
Old 05-24-2004, 09:13 PM   #3
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

The more I watch of the Western Conference and Eastern Conference Finals, the more and more I slump down in my seat and vomit blood as I think about the wasted season brought on by Nellie's unintelligent coaching decisions.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 09:58 PM   #4
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light
Default RE: Pistons v. Pacers

26 total blocks is BS. I saw atleast 10 fouls on those blocked shots.

But the one by Teyshawn Prince was just pure CLASSIC. That was awesome.
Old 05-24-2004, 10:02 PM   #5
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

that block was unbelievable! So clutch, so amazing, I can't believe he caught up!

What ESPN and others won't report: 'Sheed's first words to the crowd after the buzzer: "Told y'all motherf***ers! I told y'all!"

SaltwaterChaffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 10:12 PM   #6
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: SaltwaterChaffy
that block was unbelievable! So clutch, so amazing, I can't believe he caught up!

What ESPN and others won't report: 'Sheed's first words to the crowd after the buzzer: "Told y'all motherf***ers! I told y'all!"
The block was nice but what made the play was the half-ass way that Miller was going to the bucket.
Old 05-25-2004, 08:04 AM   #7
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

That Prince block was one of the best defensive plays I've ever seen. The timing had to be absolutely perfect...and it was. The closing speed he showed was unbelievable.

Old 05-25-2004, 08:25 AM   #8
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally posted by: Murphy3
Quote:
Originally posted by: SaltwaterChaffy

The block was nice but what made the play was the half-ass way that Miller was going to the bucket.

Yes, Miller should have dunked, Miller slowed down, but it was still an amazing close out on the play, and it saved the game for Detroit.

SaltwaterChaffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2004, 06:46 PM   #9
Murphy3
Guru

Sure, it was a huge..big time clutch play by Prince..but miller has got to be smarter than that.
Old 05-25-2004, 08:47 PM   #10
cheesestar
Golden Member

cheesestar will become famous soon enough

miller can dunk?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
cheesestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2004, 09:21 PM   #11
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: cheesestar
miller can dunk?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Speaking of.....

Notice Oliver Miller's rim-rocker the other day?
Old 05-26-2004, 08:44 AM   #12
MavsFanatik33
Platinum Member

MavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura aboutMavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura about

Detroit should be able to win both of them at home to go up 3-1, they're a lot better defensive team and just a little worse on offense. The Detroit crowd will get them the shots and turnovers they need...
MavsFanatik33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 09:26 AM   #13
MikeB
Golden Member

MikeB has a spectacular aura aboutMikeB has a spectacular aura about

I think Detroit will be a little satisfied with this win and Indiana will be the more focused team and steal game 3. This looks like a long series to me. Very long and low scoring...unless some team just gets super hot I doubt the score ever reaches the 80s.
MikeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 09:55 AM   #14
MavsFanatik33
Platinum Member

MavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura aboutMavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura about

Is the lack of offense b/c of the hard work on the other end or are they both just not decent offensive scoring teams?
Old 05-26-2004, 10:01 AM   #15
MikeB
Golden Member

A little of both.
I think both teams could score IF they played more uptempo...however they both want to milk the clock and shoot the ball in the last 5 seconds. The deliberate nature of their offenses along with the defensive pressure that both teams provide cause the games to be in the 70s.
Old 05-26-2004, 10:04 AM   #16
MavsFanatik33
Platinum Member

I have to say, unlike last year, there is some actual good teams in the east (Pistons/Pacers)

They both have a chance to win this year, unlike the last 2 year's Nets
Old 05-26-2004, 10:57 AM   #17
MikeB
Golden Member

They both have a chance against the T'Wolves...neither have much of a shot against LA. Ben and Rasheed can't gaurd Shaq. Jermaine and Foster can't guard Shaq. Plus to beat LA you will need to put the biscuit in the basket and both of these teams are not real good at doing that.