Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 05-29-2004, 10:24 PM   #1
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all
Default Mavs/Magic/Pacers trade

heres one involving Dallas, Orlando, Indiana in which no Hill, and no pick are traded. BUT there's a lot of star power.

Pacers trade Al Harrington, Jonathan Bender, Scott Pollard, Fred Jones
Magic trade Tracy McGrady, Drew Gooden, Tyronne Lue
Mavs trades Antawn Jamison, Eddie Najera, Tony Delk, Josh Howard and 2nd rounder

Pacers receive McGrady, Najera , 2nd rounder
Magic receive Jamison, Harrington, Howard, Delk,
Mavs receive Bender, Gooden, Lue, Pollard, Jones

Works for all 3 teams, and leaves all teams with good depth charts

PACERS
Foster/Brezec
O'Neal/Coshere
Artest/Najera
McGrady/Miller
Tinsley/anderson

MAGIC
DeClercq/Pachulia
Harrington/ Juwan Howard
Jamison/ Josh Howard
Stevenson/Bogans
Gaines/Delk

MAVS
Bradley/Pollard
Dirk/ Gooden
Finley/ Bender
Daniels/ Jones
Nash/ Lue

and Dallas would still have Walker to try and deal.
Old 05-29-2004, 10:28 PM   #2
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all
Default RE: Mavs/Magic/Pacers trade

it would be Orlando's tough decision
Old 05-29-2004, 10:37 PM   #3
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future
Default RE:Mavs/Magic/Pacers trade

I'll keep Dallas' current roster, thanks. The Magic would get significantly better. Once again I will say that I don't think there is any chance that Howard will be traded. Cuban wants Howard to be a part of the future Big 3 which is supposed to be Dirk, Howard, and Daniels. Mavs just get a bunch of bench warmers while giving up 3 players that will probably be starters if they are traded (Jamison, Howard, possibly Delk in Orlando). Indiana would probably do this in a heartbeat. They get plenty of scoring with TMac, someone to throw in to push people around, and a gamble with a second rounder.
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2004, 10:53 PM   #4
Just211
Platinum Member

i think dallas needs real bench depth, and thats what they'd get. To me Lue is a perfect back up PG, Gooden would be good off the bench and Bender could be just as much of a part of a new Big 3 as Howard. But true Pollard and Jones would probably just be crap, but who knows. I think this just rounds out the roster better, when your truly only trading Jamison and Howard
Old 05-29-2004, 11:23 PM   #5
dashthemavfan13

dashthemavfan13 is on a distinguished road

Alls I have to say is that the Pacers Kill on this deal. They aboslutely kill!
dashthemavfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2004, 11:49 PM   #6
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

Jamison and Howard coming of the bench gives you tons of depth. Add Najera on top of that for an energy spark and someone who will play D, then you really can't say you are getting an advantage. The only place the Mavs need more depth is at the 1 and 5. PG play should be fine if Daniels has more time to develope over the summer and we hang on to Best or something. The Mavs would be better off leaving Indiana out of the trade and just dealing with Orlando. Give Orlando Howard, Jamison, 2nd round pick, and Delk and take TMac, Lue, and Gooden in return. That trade is more likely since Dallas isn't going to give up that much talent for bench warmers only. Orlando ends up without Harrington. In your proposal, Pacers barely give up anything for a huge return.
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2004, 03:25 PM   #7
cheesestar
Golden Member

cheesestar will become famous soon enough

we trade two starters and get back zero... nope
cheesestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2004, 05:40 PM   #8
bcrav4
Golden Member

bcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to all

Bender would be tight...Doc Rivers "the more I see him, the more he reminds me of a longer Tracy McGrady."

But we could get more for Jamison and Howard.
"They better not put me in the All-Star Game. I won't shoot, but I'll dominate that easy game. I'll be playing hard defense. I'll be foulin'. I'll be flagrant fouling. Everyone will be like, 'What are you doing?'" -- Ron Artest.
bcrav4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2004, 08:35 PM   #9
Just211
Platinum Member

this trade works without Howard being involved. at first I thought the Magic weren't getting enough, but I think it'd be fine without them getting Howard, and getting the 2nd rounder instead of Indiana getting it.

So here's a lot better of a version

Pacers trade Al Harrington, Jonathan Bender, Scott Pollard, Fred Jones
Magic trade Tracy McGrady, Drew Gooden, Tyronne Lue
Mavs trades Antawn Jamison, Eddie Najera, Tony Delk, and 2nd rounder

Pacers receive McGrady, Najera ,
Magic receive Jamison, Harrington, Delk, and 2nd rounder
Mavs receive Bender, Gooden, Lue, Pollard, Jones

MAVS
Bradley/Pollard
Dirk/ Gooden
Finley/ Bender
Daniels/ Howard / Jones
Nash/ Lue

and still have walker to deal

Old 05-30-2004, 08:37 PM   #10
Just211
Platinum Member

so now with that version Dallas is really only losing Jamison
Old 05-30-2004, 09:36 PM   #11
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

The Pacers are extremely high on both Harrington and Bender. I can't see them dealing both of them. Maybe one, but not both.

SaltwaterChaffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004, 11:51 AM   #12
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: SaltwaterChaffy
The Pacers are extremely high on both Harrington and Bender. I can't see them dealing both of them. Maybe one, but not both.
+Jones

and Harrington is a phenom.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004, 01:27 PM   #13
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

I would do either deal, if I had already moved Walker/filler to GS for Damp/NVE or to Chicago for Chandler/AD.

I don't think I would, unless I knew that I had a better C rotation though. Bradley/Pollard isn't going to scare anyone.

Bradley/ Pollard/ Damp or Chandler
Dirk/ Gooden / ? ADavis
Finley/ Bender
Daniels/ Jones
Nash/ Lue / ? NVE

Or

Bradley/ Pollard / Damp or Chandler
Dirk/ Gooden / ? ADavis
Finley/ Bender
Daniels/ Howard / Jones
Nash/ Lue / ? NVE

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is online now   Reply With Quote