Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 06-15-2004, 12:20 AM   #1
ddh33
Platinum Member

ddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant future
Default Only in Dreams

Dallas Trades:
Antoine Walker
Antawn Jamison
Josh Howard
Future first round pick (or two)

LA Lakers Trade:
Shaquille O'Neal

Just for fun everyone, imagine if everything goes horribly wrong for these Lakers. They lose to the Pistons. Phil leaves. Kobe wants Shaq out. Shaq wants out and demands a trade (preferrably back to Texas).

Dallas could give LA more talent than virtually any team in the league. Jamison once lit up LA for over 50 on back to back nights. Walker is free after the season giving LA a valuable trading chip or valuable cap room since you know LA attracts the free agents. Howard could be Kobe's running mate for years, and the first rounder (or two in alternating years) could help LA stay young.

Finley isn't in this deal even though his contract is as long as Jamison's because Finley is older and his contract goes up to nearly 20 million, while Jamison's will never approach that. Nash isn't involved because of Base Year rules. Dirk isn't going because he is still the franchise.

I just don't know why Dallas would do it though? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
ddh33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-15-2004, 12:41 AM   #2
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Only in Dreams

I think the big-man-starved Mavs would do that deal in a heartbeat! Apparently Walker doesn't mean much to them anymore, what with being exposed and all. Last summer showed us how quickly they would give up a draft pick. Jamison and Howard are nice to have, but not as nice as the SHAQ DIESEL!!

(At least not for the next year or two...)
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 07:32 AM   #3
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

I'd give up both Ant's, and Delk along with this years 2nd rounder for Shaq. I don't think I give up both Jamison and Howard though, because that leaves a hole at 3 again, that needed to be filled, and Shaq is getting up there in age, injury problems, etc.

Who knows how this offseason will play out, I sure don't.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 11:59 AM   #4
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Only in Dreams

i'd do it for the daddy.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 12:19 PM   #5
ddh33
Platinum Member

ddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally posted by: dalmations202
I'd give up both Ant's, and Delk along with this years 2nd rounder for Shaq. I don't think I give up both Jamison and Howard though, because that leaves a hole at 3 again, that needed to be filled, and Shaq is getting up there in age, injury problems, etc.

Who knows how this offseason will play out, I sure don't.
Just put Finley at the 3 and sign a cheap SF to back him up. Believe me, guys will sign to play with Shaq and for Cuban.
ddh33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 12:31 PM   #6
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Don't forget about throwing in the 3 million dollar max along witht the trade as well. This trade would make the Mavs the favorites to win the championship the next season or two even with an aging Shaq. That right there is worth the trade and more.