Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 06-21-2004, 12:37 AM   #1
thewillis12

thewillis12 is on a distinguished road
Default did anyone post this yet???

i dont know if anyone has posted this yet but......

Insider: Mavs, Cavs swinging deal?

Will Howard (in white) find himself traded to Cleveland?
ESPN.com NBA Insider Chad Ford writes in his June 18 draft rumor column: "Where will Pavel Podkolzine land on draft night? Don't count out the Mavericks. Sources claim the Mavericks, who don't own a first round pick, have been talking to teams in the late lottery trying to move up to select Podkolzine, with whom Donnie Nelson fell in love with at the Reebok Eurocamp in Treviso. The Mavericks need a big, physical center in the worst way, and Podkolzine would be a perfect fit in Don Nelson's liberal offense. One potential scenario has them trading last year's No. 1 pick, Josh Howard, to the Cavs for the No. 10 pick."
Draft Index Page
ESPN Motion: Watch the first-round locks

its on the ESPN website on the mavericks team page.
thewillis12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-21-2004, 01:25 AM   #2
birdsanctuary
Platinum Member

birdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to all
Default RE:did anyone post this yet???

Very interesting.

I hope we see a repeat of 1998.
Old 06-21-2004, 01:26 AM   #3
Poindexter Einstein
Golden Member

Poindexter Einstein will become famous soon enough
Default RE: did anyone post this yet???

Chad Ford is notorious for tossing out random speculation. But there isnt any basis. His guess counts about the same as yours and mine (and probably we are accurate more often!!) I dont put much stock in this info.
Poindexter Einstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 01:31 AM   #4
ddh33
Platinum Member

ddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant future

If something like that happened (and I don't think it will), it could be a precursor to another deal. I still don't think the rookies get moved unless it is for a legit star. Pavel isn't that...not yet anyway.
ddh33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 07:08 PM   #5
FineCubanCigar
Golden Member

FineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of light

The Mavs RARELY would spill the beans THIS EARLY on any player they truely coveted. The only reason we got Dirk is because half of the teams thought we were crazy trading for that 7thslot and taking him. If the Mavs truely coveted him they wouldn't let it out this early. He is obviousy cover.