Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 06-24-2004, 01:45 AM   #1
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Default If Dallas keeps the pick...

...who do you want? Besides, of course, Okafor or Howard who both undoubtedly will be gone?
Old 06-24-2004, 01:47 AM   #2
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: If Dallas keeps the pick...

the tall point...who needs to gain some strength...whats his name????

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 01:48 AM   #3
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Shaun Livingston. I doubt he makes it past the Clips though...
Old 06-24-2004, 01:50 AM   #4
mavs413
Golden Member

mavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the rough
Default RE:If Dallas keeps the pick...

Livingston
Deng
Igoudala
Harris
mavs413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 01:52 AM   #5
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

I like the kid too...that's probably who I'd go with.

I could see him making it past the Clippers. They've been bad so long that Dunlevy may demand the immediate help that Harris or Gordon could bring.
Old 06-24-2004, 01:54 AM   #6
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

is there really a chance of the mavs keeping this pick???? What would be its purpose....THE FUTURE???? they need to get impact guys now!

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 06-24-2004, 01:56 AM   #7
dirno2000
Diamond Member

I think they'd like to move it, but I also think it's very possible that they can't reach an agreement with the Lakers, or any other team that's satisfactory. That being the case, pick the player that has the best chance of being a star, regardless of position.
Old 06-24-2004, 02:02 AM   #8
mavs413
Golden Member

mavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the rough

Have we worked out anybody? Are we bringing in anybody tomorrow morning?
If not than the pick will be traded, or the player we pick will be moved.
mavs413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 02:05 AM   #9
sike
The Preacha

i have trouble thinking that the front office of the Mavs made the Jamison deal without being close to another move....if they did the deal just "in hopes" of getting the Shaq deal done....that is foolish.....they could get stuck with an awful team!

Old 06-24-2004, 02:10 AM   #10
dirno2000
Diamond Member

We worked out some kid from Miss. who isn't projected to go in the 1st. OTOH, how much can you get from having a couple of guys in to play one on one?

Like I said, I'm sure we want to move the pick...just not sure that we can.
Old 06-24-2004, 02:10 AM   #11
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

I would love Livingston, then Igoudala.
Old 06-24-2004, 02:14 AM   #12
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

I expect Livingston and Iguodala to both be gone, to the Clips and the Bulls respectively.

I'm going to agree with sike though. We don't make this deal unless for some reason the Lakers want us to.

"Oh you won't give us Nowitzki? Well, I'm not seeing that...maybe if you had a high draft pick?"

SaltwaterChaffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 02:22 AM   #13
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Andre Biedrins
Old 06-24-2004, 08:21 AM   #14
Blonde Bomber
Golden Member

Blonde Bomber is on a distinguished road

It will be a reach but I think they will target the Pavel kid
Blonde Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 08:32 AM   #15
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

IM, the Top 4 (IF the Chicago pick isn't moved) are:

1. Dwight Howard
2. Emeka Okafor
3. Ben Gordon
4. Shaun Livingston

Stein indicated that the Mavs are high on Luke Jackson and might take him. Personally, I'd take Biedrins.

Old 06-24-2004, 09:00 AM   #16
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

Chad Ford on ESPN Radio kept saying it was Pavel. But I doubt it. People naturally gravitate toward the Mavs and foreigners. Last year, we were supposedly tring to move up to get Pietrus. Then after the draft, I kept hearing that the Mavs had been obsessed with Dwayne Wade before the draft.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 09:02 AM   #17
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

We will have to pick Livingston if he drops, but aside from that, I think Donnie traded up to nab Biedrins, and methinks we got our man...
Old 06-24-2004, 09:06 AM   #18
Max Power
Banned

Max Power is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: MavsFanFinley
Andre Biedrins
Everything I've read points to him being a power forward???
Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 09:16 AM   #19
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Max Power
Quote:
Originally posted by: MavsFanFinley
Andre Biedrins
Everything I've read points to him being a power forward???
Sure he is a PF, but he won't play much for us this year or the next- so any positional conflicts with Dirk shouldn't be too significant. That said, I do believe that picking Biedrins would serve as an immensely strong pillar for our Mav's future: this fierce and athletic big man should mature by learning, practicing, and banging with Dirk and others in practice, and he just might become for the Mavs what a prodigy like Darko may eventually become for the Pistons.

I believe that Donnie traded up to draft this man, and I will further say that it was a heckuva good trade. Our Mavs are becoming cheaper, younger, and gaining upside-improvement-potential by the minute...
Old 06-24-2004, 09:27 AM   #20
GermanBlitzkrieg

GermanBlitzkrieg has a spectacular aura aboutGermanBlitzkrieg has a spectacular aura aboutGermanBlitzkrieg has a spectacular aura about

Sorry, but another PF doesn't do a thing for me. Dirk is NOT a center, Dirk plays for 8+ more years, where does the new PF play? Like most, I think this is part of a bigger deal. If not, then please bring me some kind of CENTER. Having an unbalanced team just doesn't help.

Surely, there has to be one other C that could help in this draft. Or maybe he (new PF) could fight with Walker for playing time. WOW, what a mess that would be.
Old 06-24-2004, 11:24 AM   #21
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

PG has to be a priority with Nash getting older...

Livingston...pLEASE.
Old 06-24-2004, 11:28 AM   #22
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Livingston or Biedrins. If the former makes it that far I don't think you can pass on him. If he doesn't, Biedrins seems to be the consensus third best big in the draft behind Howard/Okafor.
Old 06-24-2004, 11:32 AM   #23
bigox71

bigox71 is on a distinguished road

I would love to see the Mavs nab Livingston. If they could hold on to Quis and JHo and get Livingston, we would have our PG, SG, and SF of the future seemingly. Add in we already have Dirk at the PF, and the Mavs are a C away from being a VERY scary team for a long time.
bigox71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 11:32 AM   #24
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Deng, Okafor or Livingston. The 7'5 guy everyone is talking about the Mavs will draft just seems to much like a Nellie center. A 7'5 center who can cross guys over and shoot 3s? As a fan of basketball it sounds great but not sure if this is the route the Mavs should be going with their center needs.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 11:34 AM   #25
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

I think we will draft a PG to replace Gary Payton or Steve Nash. But which, I don't know.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Old 06-24-2004, 11:43 AM   #26
Jeremiah

Jeremiah will become famous soon enough

Devin Harris. He's the most ready pg, and the best of the most ready. I'd take him.
Old 06-24-2004, 11:52 AM   #27
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Are we assuming Nash is dealt or signs elsewhere this offseason?

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 11:57 AM   #28
Dooby
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: FilthyFinMavs
Are we assuming Nash is dealt or signs elsewhere this offseason?
I am assuming (i) we send Nash to LA; or (ii) LA demands we take Payton along with Shaq and provide LA with a suitable PG prospect (in which case we will have both Payton and Nash on our roster for a period of time).