Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 07-23-2004, 12:27 AM   #1
endtroducing
Golden Member

endtroducing is on a distinguished road
Default real GM, playstation style

I recentley bought the new ESPN basketball game, it's fun and shit, but I've been really interested in the trading aspect of the game...just as in real life, salaries have to match, etc etc...so it's pretty fair, even though the computer can't gauge emotional things (like star power, experience or whatever). I updated the rosters to be current as of a few days ago, and I've pulled off some pretty great moves for the Mavs.

first, I traded stackhouse and walker for Z and snow. got rid of the dead weight from dallas (both now average over 20 a game with the Cavs, hah) and got a decent point guard. after a few games, I sent snow off with a 2nd round pick to chicago for jamal crawford and kendall gill (waived gill). I played about 10 more games, and when I realized delk was going to get as many minutes as he did, I went out and got a backup for crawford with hinrich (for laettner, had to take on a chicago scrub, who I waived).

one of the crazier trades was how I got rid of fortson: get this, to SAN ANTONIO! for malik rose! obviously, I didn't really need rose, so I put him on the trading block. 3 games after acquiring him, LA had offered me devean george, so I agreed to the deal. after I got george, I immediatley wanted to rid myself of him, so I got darius miles from portland. insanity.

since miles deal expires the next season (this is still the 2003-2004 season in regards to contracts), I'm keeping him on the roster as a backup. I was way over the cap at this point, so I needed cap relief...and got rid of Z and hinrich for kucoc and van horn (both expiring deals, VERY limited PT). as it is now, there's a TON of cash coming off the books...once free agency opens, I'm going to go after dalembert and swift for the center rotation and sign a mid-level point guard to backup crawford, and maybe target mcdyess as dirk's backup.

anyone else ever had similar exploits? you can do some crazy shit in this game. of course, you can't move TAW...the game, sadly, isn't that fucking retarded.
Old 07-23-2004, 12:36 AM   #2
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:real GM, playstation style

video game related threads are usually housed in the lounge area, just for your information.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004, 12:49 AM   #3
endtroducing
Golden Member

endtroducing is on a distinguished road
Default RE:real GM, playstation style

I figured it was a toss up. mainly about trades. but whatever.