Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 08-10-2004, 01:54 PM   #1
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Qdopey owes Cowboys $600,000

Jerry Jones has sent a letter to Qspare the stoner demanding 600K back from his initial signing bonus. The NFLPA (predictably) has jumped in to say the contract stipulation requiring a payback is only for the first three years of Qsucks contract and therefore he shouldn't have to return the money.

Qspare screws up and gets paid. That's almost as sad and pathetic as Qsucks himself.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-10-2004, 02:05 PM   #2
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold
Default RE:Qdopey owes Cowboys $600,000

Come on Doc, you know you have a man, err I mean spare, crush on Quincy. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 08-10-2004, 02:48 PM   #3
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold
Default RE: Qdopey owes Cowboys $600,000

I don't know how they can expect to get the money. I'm sure that Quincy has already blown(sniffed) through every last penny. I guess Quincy could work off some of that debt, but being that his future career will more than likely be centered around asking "paper or plastic", rather than barking "down, set, hut", it may be decades before he even puts a dent in that $600K.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 03:18 PM   #4
Drbio
Banned

LOL!
Old 08-10-2004, 04:46 PM   #5
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

I'm sure the $600,000 will make Jerry a richer man. I guess Jerry gets off on taking money away from a guy who has to put food on the table for his family.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 04:50 PM   #6
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

Doesn't take $600,000 to put food on the table. That's the most rediculous thing I've ever heard. Besides, he should have plenty of money floating around in stocks and bonds anyway. Right?
Old 08-10-2004, 05:05 PM   #7
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally posted by: FilthyFinMavs
I'm sure the $600,000 will make Jerry a richer man. I guess Jerry gets off on taking money away from a guy who has to put food on the table for his family.
have you been sharing the same stuff with quincy? its not like jerry is asking for money back b/c quincy played terrible in the majority of his game's here. although, jerry would have every right to do that. he is just asking for the signing bonus back b/c carter made a bad decision to light up a blunt with his homie troy dumbrick.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 05:08 PM   #8
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: aexchange
Quote:
have you been sharing the same stuff with quincy? its not like jerry is asking for money back b/c quincy played terrible in the majority of his game's here. although, jerry would have every right to do that. he is just asking for the signing bonus back b/c carter made a bad decision to light up a blunt with his homie troy dumbrick.

You don't take $600,000 away from a player you cut or you let walk. If that's the case let's get back our money Hambrick and Ekuban stole from us. Better yet let's go back even further and get back our money Shante Carver stole from us.

1996-2005
Old 08-10-2004, 05:10 PM   #9
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: ocelot_ark
Doesn't take $600,000 to put food on the table. That's the most rediculous thing I've ever heard. Besides, he should have plenty of money floating around in stocks and bonds anyway. Right?
I don't know what Quincy has buut I do know he has a family he needs to support.

1996-2005
Old 08-10-2004, 05:15 PM   #10
Drbio
Banned

Those responses show a clear lack of understanding of the legal and unerlying issue.

wow. unfortunate blindess.

Old 08-10-2004, 05:57 PM   #11
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

You don't take $600,000 away from a player you cut or you let walk. If that's the case let's get back our money Hambrick and Ekuban stole from us. Better yet let's go back even further and get back our money Shante Carver stole from us.
What in the hell are you talking about?
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 05:59 PM   #12
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

1st of all while $600,000 isn't a lot to buy crack, coke, or some of the more expensive "recreational" drugs, it's hardly Jerry Jones responsibility to provide drugfare. As for as supporting a family, Quincy can do like most of the rest of America and get off his crack smoking ass and get a job. It's his family, it's his responsibility, not Jones', to provide for them. And he doesn't need anywhere near $600,000 to provide for his family. Quincy is entitled to what is legally owed to him according to his contract. No more and no less. Jones' opinion is that the contract states that Quincy isn't entitled to the $600,000. Either Quincy can cough up the money or a court can decide. Quincy's 1st priority should be to get his ass clean and sober and keep it that. He will lose custody of his kids if Quincy is playing ball for the Texas penal football team.
Old 08-10-2004, 06:00 PM   #13
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

From what I heard, the letter demanding the 600K was strictly procedural. It was required as part of their charade that says the reason they cut him wasn't drugs.

If there is any money still to change hands here, it's going from the Cowboys to Carter, not the other way round.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 06:07 PM   #14
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: LRB
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

1st of all while $600,000 isn't a lot to buy crack, coke, or some of the more expensive "recreational" drugs, it's hardly Jerry Jones responsibility to provide drugfare. As for as supporting a family, Quincy can do like most of the rest of America and get off his crack smoking ass and get a job. It's his family, it's his responsibility, not Jones', to provide for them. And he doesn't need anywhere near $600,000 to provide for his family. Quincy is entitled to what is legally owed to him according to his contract. No more and no less. Jones' opinion is that the contract states that Quincy isn't entitled to the $600,000. Either Quincy can cough up the money or a court can decide. Quincy's 1st priority should be to get his ass clean and sober and keep it that. He will lose custody of his kids if Quincy is playing ball for the Texas penal football team.

Well, LRB it's not easy to get a job especiallay nowadays. I'm sure Quincy will be on some football team as a 2nd or 3rd stringer. Some sources say the Falcons. What do you mean it's not Jerry's job to support Quincy's family? I thought your boss is the one who gives you the paycheck? Am I wrong here? It doesn't make a bit of sense to cut someone and want your money back. You got rid of the player why not just cut ties with him? Why do you want the Cowboys in the media due to some off field activities Jerry? Just when I thought I was beginning to like you.

1996-2005
Old 08-10-2004, 06:10 PM   #15
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: chumdawg
From what I heard, the letter demanding the 600K was strictly procedural. It was required as part of their charade that says the reason they cut him wasn't drugs.

If there is any money still to change hands here, it's going from the Cowboys to Carter, not the other way round.

well if that's the case that's a different story. If Jerry has to ask for the money back then he should. But if he doesn't it really makes him look like an ass.

1996-2005
Old 08-10-2004, 06:27 PM   #16
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Quote:

well if that's the case that's a different story. If Jerry has to ask for the money back then he should. But if he doesn't it really makes him look like an ass.
Why does it make him look like an 'ass'? You don't have a leg to stand on with your argument on this one.
Old 08-10-2004, 06:43 PM   #17
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Murphy3
Quote:
Quote:

Why does it make him look like an 'ass'? You don't have a leg to stand on with your argument on this one.

Why does it make him look like an ass? Unless he is required to take the money back from Quincy then what's the point? Just cut your relationship with the guy off. Let him go his way and you go yours. Why beat a dead horse? Your a billionaire but you want to become 600,000 dollars richer? That's an ass for you.

1996-2005
Old 08-10-2004, 08:12 PM   #18
Murphy3
Guru

I'm a construction contractor that's hired to supply a service to Kiewit Construction on a simple bridge project. I'm paid one-third of the monthly contract on the first of the month to cover the cost of supplies. The contract, like most smaller contracts on any bridge project, is not guaranteed. However, on the 15th day of one of the months, I fail a random TXDot drug test while on site. As a result, Kiewit Construction decides that it is no longer in their best interest to have me on the job on site.

Here's the question: Should Kiewit Costruction just opt out of the contract or should they also try to recover the portion of the money that they paid out at the beginning of the month to cover the cost of supplies? The answer is obvious just like it is with QCar/Dallas Cowboys situation.
Old 08-10-2004, 09:40 PM   #19
Drbio
Banned

This is easily one of the top 10 all time idiotic no brain no thought ignorant attempts at an argument in D-M.com history. I seriously doubt he actually feels that way, but rather he is going down on the Qspare apologist sinking turd of a ship.

Edit- from one side I mean....of course.
Old 08-10-2004, 09:43 PM   #20
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: Drbio
This is easily one of the top 10 all time idiotic no brain no thought ignorant attempts at an argument in D-M.com history. I seriously doubt he actually feels that way, but rather he is going down on the Qspare apologist sinking turd of a ship.

Edit- from one side I mean....of course.
I suppose it could be put right up there with the possible comparison between josh howard and AK47, the two game swing side taken by David, and the "it's ok for NVE to average as many shots as Dirk" argument also taken by David.
Old 08-10-2004, 09:51 PM   #21
Drbio
Banned

Those threads were classics....this one just makes me want to zip up Mr. Happy and step on broken glass.
Old 08-10-2004, 09:53 PM   #22
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: Drbio
Those threads were classics....this one just makes me want to zip up Mr. Happy and step on broken glass.
But why were the threads classics? Was it because of the actual opinion that was given or was it because of the manner in which they were hammered for voicing their opinions? The answer is obvoius.
Old 08-10-2004, 09:54 PM   #23
Drbio
Banned

Certainly obvious to all but a single poster in each circumstance.
Old 08-10-2004, 09:56 PM   #24
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
I'm a construction contractor that's hired to supply a service to Kiewit Construction on a simple bridge project. I'm paid one-third of the monthly contract on the first of the month to cover the cost of supplies. The contract, like most smaller contracts on any bridge project, is not guaranteed. However, on the 15th day of one of the months, I fail a random TXDot drug test while on site. As a result, Kiewit Construction decides that it is no longer in their best interest to have me on the job on site.

Here's the question: Should Kiewit Costruction just opt out of the contract or should they also try to recover the portion of the money that they paid out at the beginning of the month to cover the cost of supplies? The answer is obvious just like it is with QCar/Dallas Cowboys situation.
That's a whole different situation. I'm sure JJ has $600,000 dollars sitting inside of his couch. What do the Cowboys gain off of getting this money from Carter? Cutting Carter showed future qb's that if you go the same route as him you'd be cut also. I understand the cutting but what's the point of asking for this money?

1996-2005
Old 08-10-2004, 09:57 PM   #25
Drbio
Banned

Very sad.

Does someone have a copy of "Contracts for Dummies"?

*ziiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiip*
Doh!
Old 08-10-2004, 10:04 PM   #26
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
Quote:

That's a whole different situation. I'm sure JJ has $600,000 dollars sitting inside of his couch. What do the Cowboys gain off of getting this money from Carter? Cutting Carter showed future qb's that if you go the same route as him you'd be cut also. I understand the cutting but what's the point of asking for this money?
Sure, it's a different situation, but how is the answer different? Obviously, the only way it would be the same situation would be for me to exactly repeat what happened with QCar and the Cowboys. But we're already well aware of that, aren't we? So, back to my hypothetical. Why would there be a different conclusion? Does it matter how much money JJ has? Why should it matter? You have nothing to support your opinion.

Old 08-10-2004, 10:11 PM   #27
AnMan21

AnMan21 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Quote:

"What you've just said....is one of the most insanely idiotic things I've ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response was there anything that could even be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

AnMan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 10:13 PM   #28
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

I quit. It's useless. The people on this board are set on one thing. They don't want to hear anything outside of their belief and when they do they get upset. [img]i/expressions/anim_roller.gif[/img]

1996-2005
Old 08-10-2004, 10:14 PM   #29
Drbio
Banned

Good grief.....[img]i/expressions/anim_roller.gif[/img]
Old 08-10-2004, 10:34 PM   #30
AnMan21

AnMan21 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I quit. It's useless. The people on this board are set on one thing. They don't want to hear anything outside of their belief and when they do they get upset. [img]i/expressions/anim_roller.gif[/img]
The amount of money is not the point. The point is, Quincy violated his contract and is not entitled to keep the money. $600,000 is more than some people earn in a lifetime and to allow an apparent drug addict free reign of this money he DOES NOT DESERVE is ridiculous. Furthermore, millions of households support a family on about 1/20 the amount you're claiming Quincy needs to support his family. Somewhere in the middle of this argument you must've realized what you were saying - and I can only hope you've simply had too much pride to reverse your stance.
AnMan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 10:53 PM   #31
Drbio
Banned

He's a certified dyed in the wool Qtard apologist. That is where this is coming from.
Old 08-11-2004, 08:05 AM   #32
Max Power
Banned

Max Power is on a distinguished road

I'll have to chime in on the side of Quincy here. Quincy is in NO way obligated to return the money - that money was given for his signature on a contract.

Jerry CAN'T cut Quincy because of drug use - the NFL drug policy forbids it. I wouldn't doubt that Jerry has to pay Quincy's ENTIRE contract IN FULL (less the 4 game checks) for violation of this.
Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 09:01 AM   #33
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by: Max Power
I'll have to chime in on the side of Quincy here. Quincy is in NO way obligated to return the money - that money was given for his signature on a contract.

Jerry CAN'T cut Quincy because of drug use - the NFL drug policy forbids it. I wouldn't doubt that Jerry has to pay Quincy's ENTIRE contract IN FULL (less the 4 game checks) for violation of this.
Don't be so sure Max. Contracts often stipulate a return of monies if the player fails to adhere to conditions of the contract. Obviously, I have not read his contract (and it would take a lawyer to probably understand it) but Jerry Jones is a businessman. He is not stupid. He wouldn't pursue this if there were no basis of fact.
Old 08-11-2004, 11:05 AM   #34
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
He wouldn't pursue this if there were no basis of fact.
Unless, as Chumdawg said, he's doing it to cover his tracks and stay with the ruse that the Cowboys cut Quincy for non-drug reasons.

Old 08-11-2004, 11:15 AM   #35
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: kg_veteran
Quote:
He wouldn't pursue this if there were no basis of fact.
Unless, as Chumdawg said, he's doing it to cover his tracks and stay with the ruse that the Cowboys cut Quincy for non-drug reasons.
That is definitely easy to buy. I do not know whether or not he will receive any of the money back in return. I don't really think that that's the debate in the thread. I believe it is more centered around this quote:
Quote:
Whether or not he will receive money back from QCar is another thing altogether.
Old 08-11-2004, 11:28 AM   #36
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:

I can totally buy that. I believe that the Cowboys fully expected to get hit with some type of fine after this incident as I've previously stated in the thread concerning Q's release. However, I think that virtually all of us can agree that it does not make Jerry Jones look like an 'ass' for 'attempting' to recover the portion of the signing bonus that would hit the cap this season. It probably is just procedure, but the Cowboys are in no way morally at fault for attempting to recover the money.