Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 08-11-2004, 04:35 PM   #1
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Meet the Fockers

I don't know if anyone else here is a fan of the movie featuring Ben Stiller as Greg Focker on a quest to please his girlfriends father and ask for his daughters hand in marriage. But the sequel to Meet the Parents is going to be released December 22nd and there is a trailer for the movie posted now here.

This is one of my all-time favorite movies, and have been eagerly anticipating the release of the follow up.

There is also a smaller version here or a larger version here.
Old 08-11-2004, 04:45 PM   #2
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Meet the Fockers

Greg Focker?

I thought it was Gaylord Focker.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 04:46 PM   #3
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, but remember he hadn't been called that since kindergarten. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-11-2004, 04:47 PM   #4
Drbio
Banned

BTW...that trailer is pretty funny. I will go see this movie.
Old 08-11-2004, 06:32 PM   #5
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

Fockers? I can't find this word or last name in my dictionary...
Old 08-11-2004, 08:02 PM   #6
Drbio
Banned

Default RE:Meet the Fockers

Quote:
Originally posted by: Chiwas
Fockers? I can't find this word or last name in my dictionary...
LOL!
Old 08-11-2004, 08:43 PM   #7
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

With the exception of Owen Wilson's role, the first movie pretty much beat me down. But, I suppose I'll see the second movie.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 11:55 PM   #8
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally posted by: Murphy3
With the exception of Owen Wilson's role, the first movie pretty much beat me down. But, I suppose I'll see the second movie.

Owen Wilson is an acquired taste IMO. Seeing him alongside Jackie Chen as cowboy I thought 'what a lame dude, that is'. But now, I really like to watch him.

Hope there is a sequel to the film (what was the title again?) where Wilson and Focker aka Zoolander have their 'walk-off' on the catwalk.

that was hilarious

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 09:59 AM   #9
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

man, owen wilson was awesome in shanghai noon! just the fact that he was paired up with Jackie Chan... the absurdity made it hilarious. best jackie chan buddy movies were the shanghai movies, much better than rush hour.

and i think murph was saying that owen wilson was the only thing about "meet the parents" that he liked.

the thing that made "Meet the parents" a hit was that everyone has been in that situation (meeting your significant other's parents), so you know what the main character is going through. However, i do kind of agree with Murph one this: the escalating severity of every situation actually made me uncomfortable in the audience. it was kind of a beat-down. you're thinking "geez, what the hell else is going to happen"

that being said, i love the movie, and own it, of course.
Old 08-12-2004, 10:23 AM   #10
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of

First of all, I loved Meet The Parents. Sheer Greatness.

However, while I'm looking forward to the sequel, I have to ask: WHO IS IN CHARGE OF CASTING? I hate Barbara Streisand and I would normally NEVER go see a movie of hers...Hell, she has alienated half of America...and what has Dustin Hoffman done lately?

I think this one has ISHTAR written all over it!
Old 08-12-2004, 10:32 AM   #11
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Quote:
Originally posted by: XERXES
First of all, I loved Meet The Parents. Sheer Greatness.

However, while I'm looking forward to the sequel, I have to ask: WHO IS IN CHARGE OF CASTING? I hate Barbara Streisand and I would normally NEVER go see a movie of hers...Hell, she has alienated half of America...and what has Dustin Hoffman done lately?

I think this one has ISHTAR written all over it!
I agree about the casting. I like Dustin Hoffman, but Barbara Streisand? I usually would not pay money to see a movie with her in it. I was hoping Jerry Stiller would get the role of his father, but that is already a dead issue.

I have to see it though. The anticipation for this movie, that added with the fact I am a sucker for any Ben Stiller movie will allow me to look past the unfortunate casting of Streisand as his mother. Did you watch the trailer? I will have to say that Greg's mother looks more like how I pictured her than Dustin Hoffman's character.
Old 08-12-2004, 10:40 AM   #12
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

am i crazy, or is that trailer unfunny.

I am right there with you boys...the first movie of total GENIUS!..... "Greg's Jewish"......"aw man so was JC"....freakin hilarious!

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 10:45 AM   #13
irontoad
Golden Member

irontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally posted by: sike
am i crazy, or is that trailer unfunny.
Yeah, it really didn't do a whole lot for me, either... I'm sure they'll put out (hopefully) better ones as time goes along...
Old 08-12-2004, 11:02 AM   #14
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

I thought the part rehashing the first movie was crap. But the conversation at the table looked promising. It is obviously a rush to get something out, and like irontoad I expect something better in the future.

Pamcakes looked like crap. Something with her hair I think... I wonder if that is schtick.
Old 08-12-2004, 11:09 AM   #15
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

i will see the movie the night it comes out but will also go on the record as saying it will be only half as good as the first....making it an average comedy at best.

"is that lil Kim?......Shes Phat.....phat with a P." so funny [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 08-12-2004, 11:18 AM   #16
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

From the trailer and the last scene with Jack and Greg's father in the bathroom... I get the feeling that Jack is going to have the tables turned on him for some reason.

And sike... the first movie just provides so many funny lines.

"Bomb bomb bomb bomb bomb bomb bomb bomb!!!" - Ben Stiller is the perfect beaten down guy. I embarrased myself and my wife when we saw that movie in the theater because I just could not stop laughing.
Old 08-12-2004, 11:24 AM   #17
sike
The Preacha

"the only way you can get this bag is if you can get it out of my kung fu grip" this made me laugh so very hard.......it made me think of my G.I. Joe actions figures when I was a kid.....kung fu grip!!!!

Old 01-02-2005, 04:11 PM   #18
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of

pretty funny.
Old 01-02-2005, 04:11 PM   #19
XERXES
Diamond Member

pretty funny.
Old 01-02-2005, 04:34 PM   #20
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

I may be a rare breed on these boards but I absolutely loathe Ben Stiller (and I don't appreciate the comedic stylings of Owen Wilson), so I avoided the original Meet the Parents like the plague, but a few years younger, I played the theater hopping game with some friends and ended up watching it. I was surprised how much I enjoyed it, and I really didnt want to like it.

I'll probably go see Meet the Fockers sometime soon...
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 04:34 PM   #21
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

I may be a rare breed on these boards but I absolutely loathe Ben Stiller (and I don't appreciate the comedic stylings of Owen Wilson), so I avoided the original Meet the Parents like the plague, but a few years younger, I played the theater hopping game with some friends and ended up watching it. I was surprised how much I enjoyed it, and I really didnt want to like it.

I'll probably go see Meet the Fockers sometime soon...
Old 01-02-2005, 05:49 PM   #22
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Meet the Fockers was surprisingly funny for a sequel. I didn't like the ending though, it seemed like it was forced.

But overall I liked it.
Old 01-02-2005, 05:49 PM   #23
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Meet the Fockers was surprisingly funny for a sequel. I didn't like the ending though, it seemed like it was forced.

But overall I liked it.
Old 01-02-2005, 07:57 PM   #24
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: EricaLubarsky
I may be a rare breed on these boards but I absolutely loathe Ben Stiller (and I don't appreciate the comedic stylings of Owen Wilson), ...

Umm, yeah..you're a rare breed.

As for Meet the Fockers...I didn't really enjoy Meet the Parents all that much..but, this was better.
Old 01-02-2005, 07:57 PM   #25
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: EricaLubarsky
I may be a rare breed on these boards but I absolutely loathe Ben Stiller (and I don't appreciate the comedic stylings of Owen Wilson), ...

Umm, yeah..you're a rare breed.

As for Meet the Fockers...I didn't really enjoy Meet the Parents all that much..but, this was better.
Old 01-02-2005, 08:04 PM   #26
XERXES
Diamond Member

It was silly and the plot was nonexistant - but Deniro and Stiller's awkward chemistry is genius. It made the original and sequel enjoyable.
Old 01-02-2005, 08:04 PM   #27
XERXES
Diamond Member

It was silly and the plot was nonexistant - but Deniro and Stiller's awkward chemistry is genius. It made the original and sequel enjoyable.
Old 01-03-2005, 12:06 AM   #28
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally posted by: twelli

(what was the title again?) where Wilson and Focker aka Zoolander have their 'walk-off' on the catwalk.

that was hilarious
Zoolander?

Old 01-03-2005, 12:06 AM   #29
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally posted by: twelli

(what was the title again?) where Wilson and Focker aka Zoolander have their 'walk-off' on the catwalk.

that was hilarious
Zoolander?

Old 01-03-2005, 10:21 AM   #30
sike
The Preacha

liked this flick, but it had too many moving parts and seemed like they were trying too hard to make space for the new characters....loved every scene with Stiller and Bobby D as the main focus and the boob that Jack wears is as funny has heck!

Old 01-03-2005, 10:21 AM   #31
sike
The Preacha

liked this flick, but it had too many moving parts and seemed like they were trying too hard to make space for the new characters....loved every scene with Stiller and Bobby D as the main focus and the boob that Jack wears is as funny has heck!

Old 01-03-2005, 10:23 AM   #32
sike
The Preacha

it is just me or did it feel like they used the baby for too many cheap jokes?

Old 01-03-2005, 10:23 AM   #33
sike
The Preacha

it is just me or did it feel like they used the baby for too many cheap jokes?

Old 01-03-2005, 10:56 AM   #34
XERXES
Diamond Member

I think the baby took Jinx's place in this movie...but I concur, it seem that the movie would have been fine without all the baby humor - except for the artificial boob...and gaylord drinking breastmilk...uck...
Old 01-03-2005, 10:56 AM   #35
XERXES
Diamond Member

I think the baby took Jinx's place in this movie...but I concur, it seem that the movie would have been fine without all the baby humor - except for the artificial boob...and gaylord drinking breastmilk...uck...
Old 01-03-2005, 11:03 AM   #36
sike
The Preacha

also, the whole "does greg have a son" thing seemed forced, but hey I did like the movie

Old 01-03-2005, 11:03 AM   #37
sike
The Preacha

also, the whole "does greg have a son" thing seemed forced, but hey I did like the movie

Old 01-03-2005, 11:40 AM   #38
XERXES
Diamond Member

I agree- but they've got to cojure up a conspiracy for DeNiro to get worked up about...anything would probably have been a stretch...
Old 01-03-2005, 11:40 AM   #39
XERXES
Diamond Member

I agree- but they've got to cojure up a conspiracy for DeNiro to get worked up about...anything would probably have been a stretch...