Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 02-02-2002, 12:26 AM   #1
veruca salt
Platinum Member

veruca salt will become famous soon enough

Just a spin off of another thread, thought it would be a nice idea to have a real thread over here.
Who knows, sure it could backfire on me.
So...what albums are you looking forward to?
Probably should have thought about it myself 1st before posting it, but i can always come back with it later[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]
I guess i'm just not as thorough as Murph.

Smile like you mean it
veruca salt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-2002, 12:29 AM   #2
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

what the hell are you thinking about bringing that crap to this board..

just giving you a hard time..

actually, i'm kinda out on the music scene right now...
everything has pretty much sucked recently. nothing good in country, pop/rock, or alternative recently.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2002, 12:42 AM   #3
veruca salt
Platinum Member

Everything has sucked? You must be looking in the wrong places my friend!
There were some great albums released last year.
White Stripes - White Blood Cells
The Strokes - This Is It
New Order - Get Ready
Le Tigre - The Feminist Sweepstakes

That's just to name a couple!

but that was last year, i'm defeating the purpose of my own thread.

Smile like you mean it
Old 02-02-2002, 01:02 AM   #4
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

yeah..and i can't say that i'm a fan of anything you just mentioned.

however, Jewel's new cd is great...
I also like Travis as well..
however, i feel as though country music, as a whole, is sucking some serious ass.

not enough quality alternative right now..and pop sucks most of the time in general
Old 02-02-2002, 01:16 AM   #5
Climbatize

Climbatize is on a distinguished road

You gotta listen to electronic music...

Where there is endless variation and creativity expressed.
Climbatize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2002, 01:19 AM   #6
Murphy3
Guru

umm..no, sorry
i can be creative in other ways.

i like MUSIC..the real thing
Old 02-02-2002, 03:37 AM   #7
veruca salt
Platinum Member

Travis Shmavis

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Smile like you mean it
Old 02-02-2002, 04:21 PM   #8
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

Flying Tiger will become famous soon enoughFlying Tiger will become famous soon enough

Weezer is comming out with a new CD in April. They already have 30 new songs. =w= I think I heard the Red Hot Chili Peppers have one comming out soon too.
Old 02-02-2002, 05:36 PM   #9
veruca salt
Platinum Member

Yeah new Weezer, I didn't really like the last one a lot. It was easily their worst album, so lets see if they go back.

Smile like you mean it
Old 02-02-2002, 05:43 PM   #10
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

Flying Tiger will become famous soon enoughFlying Tiger will become famous soon enough

Yeah...I've gotta agree with that. I love the Blue album though.
Old 02-05-2002, 12:33 AM   #11
Murphy3
Guru

weezer's definitely overrated
Old 02-05-2002, 03:59 AM   #12
veruca salt
Platinum Member

*lmao*
That's the funniest signature I have *ever* read.
I agree, they are overrated though.

I just bought the Nina Gordan & Black Rebel Motorcyle Club albums. Both good. Very good.

Oh so i don't start a new thread...this is music related..
Has anyone heard "The Big 3 Killed My Baby" by the White Stripes?
I laugh so hard everytime i listen to it!!

Smile like you mean it
Old 02-05-2002, 03:52 PM   #13
Rod1975
Golden Member

Rod1975 is on a distinguished road

I'm hoping The Red Hot Chili Peppers release a new one this year.
Old 02-05-2002, 05:28 PM   #14
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

I'm looking forward to the New Cory Morrow CD. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2002, 05:47 PM   #15
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

Damn straight, D R!

I used to buy a CD a week. Still have like 300. But I bet I have bought 10 in the last 3 years. Music just doesn't move me like it used to. Maybe because I am way out of college now. Or maybe it is because all my favorite bands suck now. REM hasn't had a good album since they left IRS.

Now the only thing I have left to look forward to is the occasional Corey Morrow, Lyle Lovett, Robert Earl Keen, or Pat Green CD. I forgot Trish Murphy and Phil Prichett.

Sigh. Maybe I am old.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2002, 05:47 AM   #16
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

Weezer, overrated? How so? There awesome musicians.
Old 02-08-2002, 06:52 AM   #17
turbo.mav

turbo.mav has a spectacular aura aboutturbo.mav has a spectacular aura about

Dooby, did you buy UP? because i think it was an awesome album
turbo.mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2002, 10:56 PM   #18
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

Yeah, I bought it. Listened. Never listened since. REM is officially off my "Must Own" list.

And let's be honest, REM destroyed alternative-college music (I remember when it was called college music). That record deal they got from WB in 1989 before Out Of Time ruined music. They got waaay too much money. Which sent shockwaves through the industry. Everybody got huge record deals after that and a couple of labels went bankrupt and the corporate mentality of record labels became omnipresent. Makes me sad. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Old 02-09-2002, 11:09 AM   #19
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

<< Damn straight, D R!

I used to buy a CD a week. Still have like 300. But I bet I have bought 10 in the last 3 years. Music just doesn't move me like it used to. Maybe because I am way out of college now. Or maybe it is because all my favorite bands suck now. REM hasn't had a good album since they left IRS.

Now the only thing I have left to look forward to is the occasional Corey Morrow, Lyle Lovett, Robert Earl Keen, or Pat Green CD. I forgot Trish Murphy and Phil Prichett.
>>

Hey Dooby, since you seem to like the same kinda Texas music, do you know of a website that specificaly allows you to listen to song samples of Texas music? Lonestarmusic.com is a great site to do so but their sample downloads have been down. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 02-09-2002, 12:58 PM   #20
Dooby
Diamond Member

Sorry Rob, no. Never really thought to try, either. I'll ask around.

Old 02-09-2002, 01:51 PM   #21
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

That's cool. No big deal. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-15-2002, 12:30 AM   #22
Scrack

Scrack is on a distinguished road

I'm excited about System of a Down being at Ozzfest this year.