Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Old 08-24-2004, 01:31 PM   #1
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold
Default Why Kerry?

Here's my question to all supporters of John Kerry, why should be be President besides the fact that he's not George Bush? I know that most Dems can't stand Bush. That's fine. But why Kerry? What qualifies him to be President aside from the fact that he won the Democrat primary for President? What in his career has prepared him for office and in what way? How specifically will Kerry do things different that George Bush? I'm not talking about vague generalities like Kerry will support education more or Kerry will remove our troops sooner from Iraq. How will he support education more and how will he pay for it? What specific programs will he institute? How much will they cost? Who will pay for them? What measures will he do differently to get our troops home earlier? Will he leave Iraq in the lurch to accomplish this?
Old 08-24-2004, 03:11 PM   #2
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Why Kerry?

uuuuuhhhhh.........um.........hhhmmmm........aaaaa hhhh.......

Bush sucks. Bush lied.......oh damn.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 03:18 PM   #3
knowitall

knowitall is on a distinguished road
Default RE:Why Kerry?

Terrific way to phrase these questions. I'm not a Kerry supporter so to speak. But removing Bush just "feels right". I don't think he's capable of bringing the world together. I think he's making the divisions wider. Four more years will only make it worse if he continues his current MO. Without change, the hate will multiply.
knowitall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 03:19 PM   #4
Drbio
Banned

Did anyone else notice the blank space between my last two posts in this thread?
Old 08-24-2004, 03:22 PM   #5
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

So knowitall is that one reply with nothing going for Kerry at all except he's not Bush?
Old 08-24-2004, 03:23 PM   #6
knowitall

Nice to hear from you doc. I see you've already had your recommended daily allowance of paint chips.
Old 08-24-2004, 03:25 PM   #7
knowitall

LRB, I was being sincere with my statement. I might not be alone in the way I feel about the path were taking.
Old 08-24-2004, 03:28 PM   #8
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Not a single answer of substance.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 03:30 PM   #9
LRB
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: knowitall
LRB, I was being sincere with my statement. I might not be alone in the way I feel about the path were taking.
I wasn't saying that you weren't being sincere. However this thread is here to layout why Kerry supporters think that Kerry should be President and why he is qualified to be President for reasons other than Kerry is not Bush. If you think that the only reason Kerry should be President is that he's not Bush, that's fine. I just want to see if his supporters can list any more reasons.
Old 08-24-2004, 03:36 PM   #10
knowitall

Dude, so you don't agree with my fear of the road were on. Not suprised or offended by that. However, if Bush is so great and knowing and brilliant why can't he seem to shake off this Kerry dipshit hangeraround?
Old 08-24-2004, 03:41 PM   #11
knowitall

LRB, your right. You did ask for Kerry supporters to comment. I am not one of them. But i'm sure there is a group of voters who understand the point I'm trying to make.
Old 08-24-2004, 03:41 PM   #12
LRB
Guru

Quote:
Dude, so you don't agree with my fear of the road were on. Not suprised or offended by that. However, if Bush is so great and knowing and brilliant why can't he seem to shake off this Kerry dipshit hangeraround?
Please stay on topic. There are tons of other threads to discuss Bush or you could start your own. This thread is for discussing why Kerry is fit to be President other than not being Bush. Bush has been specifically excluded from this topic.
Old 08-24-2004, 03:48 PM   #13
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

No knowitall, in fact I think you are being naive. How "together" was the world when planes were running into the towers, into the pentagon and trying to find either the white house or congress. All the clinton love-in did was signify that we were too weak to do anything when our embassies, our ships and even our ex-presidents were attacked and give us a nuclear powered north korea.

You can't be liked AND be the big dog, it doesn't work. So no, I much more fear a world where a kerry for example is too timid to take the fight to the people (and countries) that are our enemies. Bush is following a very reasoned, strategic fight here. It's not easy trying to defeat terrorists, ask israel. But we don't have the luxury of building a great big wall, we have too many respsonsibilities for that.

Bush feels he has to confront terrorism and defeat it. Not live with it, not pacify it, not sweep it under the rug, defeat it. If kerry would come up with some coherent statement about this and some core values on display, he might get some votes, but he doesn't have it.

LRB was hoping that some kerry "supporters" would come on this post and give their reasons for that support, I don't see any. Saying bush isn't the guy is not reasoned enough.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 08-24-2004, 03:53 PM   #14
dude1394
Guru

Oh...the reason he can't shake kerry is because.
1. WMDs were not found in iraq. Although he wasn't trying to fool anyone, folks would feel much better if the intelligence of the world had been correct, unfortunately as him NOT having them is good news.
2. The economy continues to have a hard time recovering from the clinton bubble burst and the clinton recession. Not to mention 911, corporate scandals and now higher oil and the iraqi insurgency.
Without 911 and the iraq war, bush would be sailing to victory, especially against kerry. But bush has had to be the grown-up and has staked his political career on the hard choice of dealing with terrorism (as I stated above). He could have easily stopped at afghanistan, but obviously that wouldn't have solved the problem long term.

so that is my answer. There is more (democrats are pretty anti-religious, dems really don't like down-to-earth texas, evangelicals much). Also they dems are so frustrated with being out of power that they would elect hitler if they thought he could win.
Old 08-24-2004, 03:55 PM   #15
LRB
Guru

Quote:
LRB was hoping that some kerry "supporters" would come on this post and give their reasons for that support, I don't see any. Saying bush isn't the guy is not reasoned enough.
I agree. But I can't really seem to find any reasons other than Kerry is not Bush, which I think is dumb. The republicans tried that approach when Bob Dole ran and it faile miserably. Dumb thing was as soon as the election was over and Dole started making appearances and doing the visa commercial he looked a lot better to people. But he ran mostly on the fact that he wasn't Clinton.

I guess we'll have to wait and see if anyone will post anything of real substance.
Old 08-24-2004, 03:58 PM   #16
dude1394
Guru

If there was a viable third party candidate, not like the nut nader, kerry would be complete toast.
Old 08-24-2004, 04:02 PM   #17
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by: dude1394
Not a single answer of substance.

You expected more from her? I mean seriously....even a half thought out party line would be an improvement.
Old 08-24-2004, 04:12 PM   #18
knowitall

Ok. Kerry supports stem cell research. I support anything that could possibly cure doc.

WMD's, the inspectors said "can't find any". You say he was misled. There's a whole lot of people that don't buy that, Dude.
Old 08-24-2004, 04:22 PM   #19
LRB
Guru

Quote:
Ok. Kerry supports stem cell research. I support anything that could possibly cure doc.

WMD's, the inspectors said "can't find any". You say he was misled. There's a whole lot of people that don't buy that, Dude.
Again we're not talking about Bush here.

As far as stem cell research, good Kerry is for it but what does that mean? How much is he planning on spending? Which types of stem cell research will he support? How will funds be divided among the different types. What kind of ethical guidelines will he impose if any? What makes Kerry's stance on stem cells unique?
Old 08-24-2004, 04:30 PM   #20
Drbio
Banned

Again we're not talking about Bush here.

Comprehension 101. F- for knownothing
Old 08-24-2004, 04:30 PM   #21
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

True story:

I was in California last week on business. On Saturday morning, I wandered around the Farmers’ Market in Santa Monica. The Democratic National Committee had some people there. I know they were with the DNC because they had T-shirts that said “DNC”, so they weren’t with some weird outside group, whether they were paid or volunteers, I don’t know. Through the course of the morning, I walked by every single one of them several times.

“Do you want to help get George Bush out of office?”

“Do you want to help defeat the President?”

“Do you want to defeat George Bush?”

There were other variations of the same theme. But I can assure you; I never heard the word “Kerry” uttered once.

Speaking from experience, it is very unlikely that is anything but intentional.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 04:31 PM   #22
knowitall

I was only responding to Dude's WMD yarn.

Stem cell research, how will it be allocated? How will it be funded? You don't think there will be private companies jumping all over it?
Old 08-24-2004, 04:34 PM   #23
LRB
Guru

Quote:
Stem cell research, how will it be allocated? How will it be funded? You don't think there will be private companies jumping all over it?
There already are companies jumping all over it. What will Kerry do different that what we have now, or will he just continue with what we have and not make any changes?
Old 08-24-2004, 04:43 PM   #24
knowitall

I don't think anyone really know's what Kerry would do about it, but right now it's just sitting on the shelf. It needs a green light.
Old 08-24-2004, 04:46 PM   #25
knowitall

LRB look at Dooby's post. I believe everything he said about his trip to santa monica.
Old 08-24-2004, 04:50 PM   #26
LRB
Guru

Quote:
I don't think anyone really know's what Kerry would do about it, but right now it's just sitting on the shelf. It needs a green light.
Stem cell research is going on as we speak. There is nothing stopping it from taking place in the private sector, and the government is currently supplying funds to a number of projects. So you're saying that you have no idea what Kerry will do. So stem cells really isn't a reason to vote for Kerry as far as you know because there is no guarrantee that his position is to make any changes.

Old 08-24-2004, 04:50 PM   #27
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Stem cell research is the only thing I've heard so far. What exactly is John Kerry's position on stem cell research? Do you know?
Old 08-24-2004, 04:59 PM   #28
knowitall

Nope. I don't know. And this thread is not intended to be about Bush, so I can't go there. Besides, I already know what you think my beliefs are.
Anybody out there read Dooby's post? LRB, whether or not you think this train of thought belongs in this thread, I truly believe it"s real.
Old 08-24-2004, 05:06 PM   #29
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

"
America was born in pursuit of an idea - that a free people with diverse beliefs can govern themselves in peace.
Throughout our history, we have forged powerful alliances to defend, encourage, and promote that idea around the world. Through two World Wars, the Cold War, the Gulf War and Kosovo, America led instead of going it alone. We respected the world - and the world respected us.

Today, our leadership has walked away from more than a century of American leadership in the world to embrace a new - and dangerously ineffective - American disregard for the world. They bully instead of persuade. They act alone when they could assemble a team. They confuse leadership with going it alone. They fail to understand that real leadership means standing by your principles and rallying others to join you.

John Kerry and John Edwards believe in a better, stronger America - an America that is respected, not just feared. An America that listens and leads - that cherishes freedom, safeguards our people, uplifts others, forges alliances, and deserves respect. This is the America they believe in. This is the America they are fighting for. And this is the America we can be.

Today, we face three great challenges above all others - First, to win the global war against terror; Second, to stop the spread of nuclear, biological and chemical weapons; Third, to promote democracy, freedom, and opportunity around the world, starting by winning the peace in Iraq. To meet these challenges, John Kerry's national security policy will be guided by four imperatives:

Launch And Lead A New Era Of Alliances
The threat of terrorism demands alliances on a global scale - to utilize every available resource to get the terrorists before they can strike at us. As president, John Kerry will lead a coalition of the able - because no force on earth is more able than the United States and its allies.

Modernize The World's Most Powerful Military To Meet New Threats
John Kerry and John Edwards have a plan to transform the world's most powerful military to better address the modern threats of terrorism and proliferation, while ensuring that we have enough properly trained and equipped troops to meet our enduring strategic and regional missions.

Deploy All That Is In America's Arsenal
The war on terror cannot be won by military might alone. As president, John Kerry will deploy all the forces in America's arsenal - our diplomacy, our intelligence system, our economic power, and the appeal of our values and ideas - to make America more secure and prevent a new generation of terrorists from emerging.

Free America From Its Dangerous Dependence On Mideast Oil
To secure our full independence and freedom, we must free America from its dangerous dependence on Mideast oil. By tapping American ingenuity, we can achieve that goal while growing our economy and protecting our environment.

The measure of a strong economy is a growing middle-class where every American has a chance to work and an opportunity to succeed.
In America, a rising tide is supposed to lift all boats. But today, Americans are working harder, earning less, and paying more for health care, college, and taxes. Corporate profits are soaring, the government keeps expanding, but the opportunities for our middle-class are shrinking.

It's time to bring those opportunities back. John Kerry and John Edwards know that we're stronger when we create good-paying jobs here, not ship them overseas. They want to reward hardworking middle-class families with tax breaks, not larger bills. They want to expand the reach of opportunity, not the size of government. And they want to lead an America where we work together to invest in the jobs of tomorrow.

John Kerry and John Edwards have seen the faces and heard the voices of struggling middle-class families. But they've come away convinced more than ever that we're a country of optimists - a country that can do better and think bigger about the challenges we face. We can grow our economy by strengthening our middle-class. And we can make America richer by giving everyone a chance to build a better life for their families.

John Kerry and John Edwards' plan to build a stronger economy will:

Create Good-Paying Jobs
As president, John Kerry will cut taxes for businesses that create jobs here in America instead of moving them overseas. John Kerry and John Edwards will also stand up for workers by enforcing our trade agreements.

Cut Middle-Class Taxes To Raise Middle-Class Incomes
When John Kerry is president, middle-class taxes will go down. Ninety-eight percent of all Americans and 99 percent of American businesses will get a tax cut under the Kerry-Edwards plan.

Make Washington Live Within A Budget
John Kerry will cut the deficit in half during his first four years in office. He will end corporate welfare as we know it, roll back the Bush tax cuts for the wealthiest Americans, and impose a real cap to keep spending in check. And when John Kerry puts forward a new idea, he'll tell you how he's going to pay for it.

Invest In The Jobs Of Tomorrow
Today, businesses are harnessing new technology to manufacture energy-efficient cars, high-grade steel, advanced plastics and other new products. And this requires a bigger, skilled labor force to make them. John Kerry and John Edwards believe we should invest in these jobs and invest in the people who will fill them.

Affordable, high-quality health care will keep our families healthy, our businesses competitive, and our country strong.
Over the last three years, family premiums have increased by more than $2,600 and prescription drug prices have grown four times faster than inflation. These skyrocketing costs have hurt our economy and forced many families into bankruptcy.

We deserve a president who understands that in America, regular check-ups shouldn't empty family checkbooks - a president who will put people ahead of insurance and drug companies.

John Kerry and John Edwards have a plan to address soaring premiums and cut Americans a break. Their plan will lower family premiums by up to $1,000 a year, cut waste from the system, lower the cost of prescription drugs to provide real relief to seniors, and use targeted tax cuts to extend affordable, high-quality coverage to 95 percent of Americans, including every child. And because John Kerry and John Edwards believe that everyone's health is equally important, they will provide all Americans with access to the same coverage that members of Congress give themselves.

To make affordable health care a right - not a privilege - for every American, John Kerry and John Edwards will:

Cut Your Premiums
John Kerry and John Edwards will cut family premiums by up to $1,000. That's $1,000 in real savings people can use to buy groceries, pay the bills, and save for their children's future. And that will mean more jobs and more competitive American businesses.

Cover All Americans With Quality Care
The Kerry-Edwards plan will give every American access to the range of high-quality, affordable plans available to members of Congress and extend coverage to 95 percent of Americans, including every American child. Their plan will also fight to erase the health disparities that persist along racial and economic lines, ensure that people with HIV and AIDS have the care they need, end discrimination against Americans with disabilities and mental illnesses, and ensure equal treatment for mental illness in our health system.

Provide Affordable Prescriptions
The Kerry-Edwards plan will reduce prescription drug prices by allowing the re-importation of safe prescription drugs from Canada, overhauling the Medicare drug plan, ensuring low-cost drugs, and ending artificial barriers to generic drug competition.

Cut Waste And Inefficiency
Today, approximately 25 percent of health care costs are wasted on paperwork and administrative processing. The Kerry-Edwards plan harnesses American ingenuity to cut waste, save billions, and take new steps to ensure patient privacy.

Together, Americans will be freer and stronger when we break our dependence on foreign oil.
Today, we consume 2.5 million barrels of oil per day from the Middle East, where instability has pushed prices to record highs. These soaring energy costs are burdening middle-class families with higher gas prices, and our dependence on Middle East oil is putting our national security at risk.

America will be safer and freer when the resources that fuel our economy are in our own hands, when we develop new energy sources right here in America.

John Kerry and John Edwards will put America on the path towards energy independence. They will harness the full force of American optimism and ingenuity to invest in new technologies and alternative fuels, create tax incentives that help automakers produce more fuel efficient cars, and reward the consumers who buy them. We invented and built the cars we drive today - we can invent and build the cars we drive tomorrow, too.

The Kerry-Edwards plan will increase energy conservation and create clean, renewable sources of energy that no terrorist can sabotage and no foreign government can seize. Their plan will also save billions by cutting waste and pork-barrel spending in Washington.

John Kerry and John Edwards believe that achieving an energy independent America - an America strong at home and secure in the world - is the great project for our generation.

To create an energy independent America, John Kerry and John Edwards will:

Explore And Develop New Energy Sources
Tomorrow's energy economy will be fueled by new energy sources. The Kerry-Edwards plan will invest in the research and exploration needed to turn ideas into fuel and develop renewable energy sources.

Develop Tomorrow's Technology Today
Under the Kerry-Edwards plan, America will take the lead in developing the new technology and production methods needed to ensure that resources such as coal and natural gas are used more efficiently and cleanly, and fully integrated into the New Energy Economy.

Make America Energy Independent Of Middle East Oil
Our security in the war on terror demands an end to our dependence on Middle East oil. Under the Kerry-Edwards plan, we will strengthen our national security while growing our economy and protecting our environment.

The most basic responsibility of a president is defending our homeland.
We've seen some progress in making America more secure since September 11 - but there is still much more to be done. Today our government is not doing enough to make us safe. Our intelligence services remain fragmented and lack coordination. Our borders and ports are full of holes. Our chemical plants are vulnerable to attack. And across America, police officers, firefighters, and other first responders still lack the information, gear, and equipment to do their jobs safely and successfully.

America needs a new strategy for homeland security that takes steps as big as the threats we face. John Kerry and John Edwards have that strategy. They will do whatever it takes to make America safe - coordinate our intelligence agencies, take action on all key fronts, stand up for security whenever special interests stand in the way, and get the needed resources to the first responders who defend America every day.

John Kerry and John Edwards will offer a new security strategy that addresses five major challenges:

Track And Stop Terrorists
Many of the intelligence problems that allowed terrorists to slip into our country before 9/11 have not been addressed. John Kerry and John Edwards will improve our ability to gather, analyze, and share information so we can track down and stop terrorists before they cause harm.

Protect Our Borders And Shores
Today, our borders, our ports, and our airports are not as secure as they must be. John Kerry and John Edwards will make our airports, seaports, and borders more secure without intruding upon personal liberties.

Harden Vulnerable Targets
Chemical industry lobbying has kept the Bush administration from strengthening security at chemical plants, where an attack could endanger 1 million Americans. John Kerry and John Edwards will always put Americans' safety ahead of big business interests and take strong measures to harden likely targets-including nuclear plants, trains, and subways-against possible attack.

Improve Domestic Readiness
Our first defenders will respond to any attack with courage and heroism-but they also need the equipment and manpower to do the job. John Kerry and John Edwards will back up their words with resources and ensure that America's first responders have everything they need to protect their communities.

Guard Liberty.
We must always remember that terrorists do not just target our lives - they target our way of life. John Kerry and John Edwards believe in an America that is safe and free, and they will protect our personal liberties as well as our personal security.

Education is at the core of America's basic promise - that all Americans should be able to make the most of their potential.
John Kerry and John Edwards have a vision for American education: every child should be held to high standards, and every school should have the resources and the responsibility to meet those standards. Every classroom should have a great teacher. Every young person should graduate high school, and every young person who works hard and wants to go to college should be able to afford it. And all Americans should be able to get the skills they need to succeed throughout their lives.

Today, our country is not realizing that vision. Schools do not have the resources they need to succeed, Washington is not working to make reform succeed and children are losing out. One million students are dropping out of high school every year, and because the price of college has risen by 35 percent over the last three years, 220,000 qualified young people were priced out of college last year.

John Kerry and John Edwards have a plan to do better-to ensure that all Americans can make the most of their God-given talents. They will offer schools the resources and the reforms they need to give every American child a great education, regardless of their income, race, or family background.

John Kerry and John Edwards will:

Meet Our Responsibilities To Our Schools
John Kerry and John Edwards will establish a National Education Trust Fund to ensure that schools always get the funding they need. They will also ensure that No Child Left Behind works for schools, states, and teachers by rewarding those who meet higher standards and rewarding schools that turn around and improve.

Continue Reform And Put A Great Teacher In Every Classroom
Great teachers are the foundation of a great school. As president, John Kerry will enact a new bargain that offers teachers more, including better training and better pay in troubled schools, and asks for more in return, including fast, fair ways to make sure that teachers who don't belong in the classroom don't stay there.

Offer 3.5 Million After-School Opportunities Through "School's Open 'Til Six"
John Kerry and John Edwards are strong supporters of after-school programs. They give students extra help, keep them out of trouble, and offer peace of mind to working parents. The Kerry-Edwards "School's Open 'Til 'Six" initiative will offer after-school opportunities to 3.5 million children, through programs that are open until 6 p.m. and offer safe transportation for children.

Make College Affordable For All And Expand Lifelong Learning
As president, John Kerry will offer a fully refundable College Opportunity Tax credit on up to $4,000 of tuition for every year of college and offer aid to states that keep tuitions down. And he will launch a new effort to ensure that all of our workers can get the technical skills and advanced training they need.

As Americans, we have the right to breathe unpolluted air, drink safe water, eat uncontaminated food, live in clean communities and enjoy our natural treasures. Over the last three years, we have seen these rights eroded. We have seen hard-won environmental gains rolled back, our air polluted and our water contaminated.
In the 21st Century, we can have progress without pollution - we can grow our economy while protecting our natural resources. But we need a leader who looks to the future and invests in innovation.

Throughout his career, John Kerry has fought to clean up toxic waste sites, to keep our air and water clean, and to protect the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge and other pristine wilderness areas. Recently, the League of Conservation Voters called Senator Kerry an "environmental champion."

John Kerry and John Edwards will set a new standard of environmental excellence for America. They will honor our national treasures and pay tribute to our natural wonders, while renewing our nation's promise of clean air, clean water and a bountiful landscape for all. They recognize that we owe it to our families, our communities, and our planet to defend our environmental values and protect our environmental rights.

John Kerry and John Edwards will:

Create Cleaner, Greener Communities
Together, we can improve the environment in backyards and communities across America. John Kerry and John Edwards will revitalize contaminated industrial sites, get toxins out of communities, guarantee our children access to clean, safe parks and baseball fields, and take on traffic congestion and sprawl.

Enact A Conservation Covenant With America
John Kerry and John Edwards believe that Americans are united in our respect for the land. They will enact a Conservation Covenant with America to ensure balanced protection for our public lands and adequate resources to enhance our national parks.

Protect Our Health By Reducing Dangerous Air Emissions
As president, John Kerry will reverse the Bush-Cheney rollbacks to our Clean Air Act, plug loopholes in the law, take aggressive action to stop acid rain, and use innovative, job-creating programs to reduce mercury emissions and other emissions that contribute to global warming.

Restore America's Waters
Today, approximately 45 percent of our nation's waterways do not meet the "drinkable, swimable and fishable" standard set out by the Clean Water Act 30 years ago. As president, John Kerry will implement a "Restore America's Waters" campaign, an integrated approach to protecting our precious, limited water resources. He will work with states on the toughest water quality challenges, restore damaged watersheds, protect wetlands, invest in our waterfronts and coastal communities, and protect our oceans.

"

More:

Learn more about John Kerry's agenda
John Kerry and John Edwards will stand up for America's values and have a plan to build an America that is strong at home and respected in the world. They believe we can have a strong economy focused on good-paying jobs, a health care plan that reduces costs, an energy plan that frees us from Mideast oil, and they believe we can strengthen our military and lead strong alliances that keep America safe and secure.

Children & Families
Civil Rights
Economy
Education
Energy
Environment
Health Care
Homeland Security
National Security
National Service
Rural America
Science and Technology
Stronger Communities
Veterans
Women

More Issues
Old 08-24-2004, 05:09 PM   #30
knowitall

And since i'm not a Kerry supporter, where are the supporters for Kerry on this thread? Guess you guy's scared them away.
Old 08-24-2004, 05:10 PM   #31
knowitall

Whoa, guess I spoke too soon.
Old 08-24-2004, 06:09 PM   #32
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Whoa, guess I spoke too soon.
Naw....Chiwas can't vote.
Old 08-24-2004, 06:13 PM   #33
dude1394
Guru

Quote:

Good grief you can be tiring. You asked me why was kerry putting up such a good fight. You completely ignore the posts point. And in the spirit of this thread about kerry, he also was misled too, was he not?

Old 08-24-2004, 06:27 PM   #34
Drbio
Banned

We are all still waiting for knownothing to make a topical post and then back it up wiht thoughtful points. It just will not happen.
Old 08-24-2004, 06:44 PM   #35
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally posted by: Dooby
True story:

I was in California last week on business. On Saturday morning, I wandered around the Farmers’ Market in Santa Monica. The Democratic National Committee had some people there. I know they were with the DNC because they had T-shirts that said “DNC”, so they weren’t with some weird outside group, whether they were paid or volunteers, I don’t know. Through the course of the morning, I walked by every single one of them several times.

“Do you want to help get George Bush out of office?”

“Do you want to help defeat the President?”

“Do you want to defeat George Bush?”

There were other variations of the same theme. But I can assure you; I never heard the word “Kerry” uttered once.

Speaking from experience, it is very unlikely that is anything but intentional.
They're reading from the same tired script all up and down Lexington Ave, and a couple of them have flinched visibly when I answer "HELL no" with my best approximation of a West Texas twang.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 06:50 PM   #36
LRB
Guru

Nice post Chiwas. You do point out a lot of things Kerry is interested in, but in almost all cases it states Kerry has a plan but doesn't give details of what that plan is. You've provided by far the most on topic presentation of Kerry's beliefs in this thread so far. I hope we can get more and more importantly more specific information.
Old 08-24-2004, 07:21 PM   #37
knowitall

You don't think Kerry would fight to protect America? That must be your mantra. Anyone, man or woman, who is the president would always fight to protect this country. You blame everything that cast a dim light on Bush on something else. Well, here is a fact. Those buildings came down on Bush's shift. NO No you say. That was Clintons fault for not acting. Well Bush knew all about the chatter and he also chose to do nothing. Let's not be too harsh. I wouldn't want to be bothered during my first 8 month vacation, either.
The president needs to create new alliances, or at least preserve the ones that already exist. You say the president can't be liked and be the big dog? That's bullshit, Dude. You think being the big dog is all it takes? Why don't you save that tired quip for Goliath. BTW, he doesn't even understand the need to protect our borders, so I don't expect any walls being constructed anytime soon. The only walls he has built are seperating us from the rest of the world, along with their respect.
Now you say "These corporate scandels are all your fault Clinton". I think I can hear Cheney and Lay screaming right along with you. Just add Kevin Bacon and you have your Six Degrees. But you stop long enough to say that " this Iraqi insurgency came as a big suprise"? I can't think of a better place to put this. "Fools rush in where wise men never go".
Old 08-24-2004, 07:40 PM   #38
FishForLunch
Platinum Member

FishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of light

Yes Knowitall is not a Kerry supporter but hates Bush. She is still confused on who to vote for? How about Nader
FishForLunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 08:19 PM   #39
dude1394
Guru

Maybe if he would actually mean this:

Quote:
These terrorists kill not merely to end lives, but to disrupt and end a way of life. With every atrocity, they hope that America grows fearful, retreating from the world and forsaking our friends. They stand against us because we stand in their way.
We are not deceived by their pretenses to piety. We have seen their kind before. They are the heirs of all the murderous idelolgies of the 20th century. By sacrificing human life to serve their radical visions -- by abandoning every value except the will to power -- they follow the path of facism, and Nazism, and totalitarianism. And they will follow that path all the way, to where it ends: In history's unmarked grave of discarded lies.

I will not forget this wound to our country or those who inflicted it. I will not yield; I will not rest; I will not relent in waging this struggle for freedom and security for the American people.
The course of this war is not known, yet its outcome is certain. Freedom and fear, justice and cruelty, have always been at war, and we know that God is not neutral between them.
Old 08-25-2004, 09:23 AM   #40
LRB
Guru

Come you Kerry supporters, if there really are any, what's your guy got?