Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Old 10-13-2004, 03:41 PM   #1
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Tennessee dims in full retreat relate Bush to Special Olympic. Disgusting.

Dyersburg, TN- Today, Republican nominee for State House District 82, Dave Dahl, denounced a flyer distributed by Democrat State Representative Craig Fitzhugh that attacks Bush voters and mocks those who are mentally challenged (flyer included). “Hard-ball politics is one thing and everyone expects tough battles, but using those who are born with mental disabilities for political fodder is disgusting,” said Dave Dahl on Monday from his campaign office in Dyersburg.

The flyers have been distributed for at least 2 weeks from State Representative Craig Fitzhugh’s campaign office on the town square in downtown Ripley, which also serves as the Kerry-Edwards campaign headquarters. Dahl said, “At first I really did not believe that Fitzhugh and the Democrats would stoop to such gutter politics, but then people started bringing the flyer to me at the end of last week. I was shocked and disgusted.”

Dahl said, “In my first campaign against Mr. Fitzhugh two years ago, the Democrats conducted a negative telephone poll on my then five year old adopted daughter because she was born in Texas and not in Tennessee. I guess I should not be surprised that Mr. Fitzhugh and his crowd would attack Bush voters and call them ‘retarded.’ This is how the Democrats do business.” Dave Dahl continued, “The single minded plan for Mr. Fitzhugh and the Democrats in Tennessee is to attack Republican voters, attack those supporting Republican candidates and to ignore the real issues of the day: jobs, prescriptions drugs costs, education, security at home and taxes.”

“This kind of reckless disregard for those who suffer from mental disabilities is much larger than any state representative race. This act is so atrocious and indecent that my campaign will be sending a copy of the Fitzhugh flyer to the United States Special Olympics Committee, the Special Olympics International Group and state and national advocacy groups who work with and support special needs children and adults,” said Dahl.

Dahl concluded, “My heart goes out to the millions of families who have children and loved ones with special needs. To have their family members mocked in this manner is inexcusable and wrong from any perspective. These kinds of issues cross all political and social boundaries. I call on Mr. Fitzhugh to issue a public apology.”

Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-13-2004, 04:22 PM   #2
seal614

seal614 is on a distinguished road
Default RE: Tennessee dims in full retreat relate Bush to Special Olympians. Disgusting.

this is so over the top that I have a tough time believing it really happened (not doubting you drbio). Just simply 'unbelievable' in the true sense of the word.

- Brian
seal614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 04:56 PM   #3
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Tennessee dims in full retreat relate Bush to Special Olympians. Disgusting.

link?

this smells like it came from the Onion or somesuch.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 05:17 PM   #4
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Tennessee dims in full retreat relate Bush to Special Olympians. Disgusting.

You can find it here.
Old 10-13-2004, 05:18 PM   #5
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Link
Old 10-13-2004, 06:46 PM   #6
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by: Rhylan
link?

this smells like it came from the Onion or somesuch.
No Onion at all unfortunately. I almost wish it was. I cannot believe an elected official would stoop to something like this. Totally unforgivable and if a republican had done thisit would be the headlines news story of the year.

It came from drudge originally.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 07:27 PM   #7
mavsman55
Platinum Member

mavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura about

This is just plain ridiculous. Fitzhugh needs to lose his job, promptly.
mavsman55 is offline   Reply With Quote