Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Old 10-15-2004, 09:59 AM   #1
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute
Default FCC won't block airing of 'Stolen Honor'

FCC won’t block airing of anti-Kerry film
Chairman says no federal rules exist to stop broadcast
link

WASHINGTON - The Federal Communications Commission won’t intervene to stop a broadcast company’s plans to air a critical documentary about John Kerry’s anti-Vietnam War activities on dozens of TV stations, the agency’s chairman said Thursday.

“Don’t look to us to block the airing of a program,” Michael Powell told reporters. “I don’t know of any precedent in which the commission could do that.”

Eighteen senators, all Democrats, wrote to Powell this week and asked him to investigate Sinclair Broadcast Group Inc.’s plan to run the program, “Stolen Honor: Wounds That Never Heal,” two weeks before the Nov. 2 election.

Powell said there are no federal rules that would allow the agency to prevent the program. “I think that would be an absolute disservice to the First Amendment, and I think it would be unconstitutional if we attempted to do so,” he said.

Old 10-15-2004, 10:03 AM   #2
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice
Default RE:FCC won't block airing of 'Stolen Honor'

Frankly, I thought this whole thing was a ploy to get the Dems to be outraged and then pull back from it in an effort to prevent Farenheit 9-11 from being aired on broadcast TV. I guess I was wrong. These guys look like they are seriously going to show the thing.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2004, 11:27 AM   #3
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: FCC won't block airing of 'Stolen Honor'

Good for them. They should show it. After all the crap hype that F-911 has recieved, they should air not only Stolen Honor, but make a double feature with Farenhype 9/11 as well.

Good for Sinclair.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2004, 03:09 PM   #4
mavsman55
Platinum Member

mavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura about
Default RE:FCC won't block airing of 'Stolen Honor'

I guess one disgusting propaganda movie filled with lies and deceit deserves another... except for this time, there most likely won't be any lies.
mavsman55 is offline   Reply With Quote