Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Old 10-17-2004, 12:12 PM   #1
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute
Default 5 Bills in 20 years....5 bills in 20 years.

Even the guys resume is faren-hyped.

Via littlegreenfootballs

Quote:
John Kerry's Sad List of Achievements

In his 20 years in the Senate, John Kerry authored a grand total of five bills that passed both the Senate and House and became law: Just How Many Bills Has Kerry ‘Passed?’ (Hat tip: Paul.)

* S.791: Authorizes $53 million over four years to provide grants to woman-owned small businesses. (1999)

* S.1206: Names a federal building in Waltham, Massachusetts after Frederick C. Murphy, who was killed in action during World War II and awarded (posthumously) the Medal of Honor. (1994)

* S.1636: A save-the-dolphins measure aiming“to improve the program to reduce the incidental taking of marine mammals during the course of commercial fishing operations.” (1994)

* S.1563: Funding the National Sea Grant College Program, which supports university-based research, public education, and other projects “to promote better understanding, conservation and use of America’s coastal resources.” (1991)

* S.423: Granting a visa and admission to the U.S. as a permanent resident to Kil Joon Yu Callahan. (1987)

He was also author of two bills that became law in modified form:

* H.R.1900 (S.300): Awarded a congressional gold medal to Jackie Robinson (posthumously), and called for a national day of recognition. (2003)

* H.R.1860 (S.856): Increased the maximum research grants for small businesses from $500,000 to $750,000 under the Small Business Technology Transfer Program. (2001)

... and co-authored four “joint resolutions” that are not technically “bills:”

* S.J.Res.158: To make the week of Oct. 22 — Oct. 28, 1989 “World Population Awareness Week.” (1989)

* S.J.Res.160: To renew “World Population Awareness Week” for 1991. (1991)

* S.J.Res.318: To make Nov. 13, 1992 “Vietnam Veterans Memorial 10th Anniversary Day.” (1992)

* S.J.Res.337: To make Sept. 18, 1992 “National POW/MIA Recognition Day.” (1992)

That’s it. This is what Kerry has to show for 20 years in the Senate.

In his claim during the final debate that he had “passed 56 individual bills” that he had “personally written,” Kerry was including every bill that passed the Senate (whether or not it became law), and 24 resolutions that have no force of law. The man is a self-aggrandizing liar of the worst sort, with almost nothing of substance to show for a 20-year career in politics.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-17-2004, 02:44 PM   #2
reeds
Golden Member

reeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these parts
Default RE:5 Bills in 20 years....5 bills in 20 years.

"The man is a self-aggrandizing liar of the worst sort, with almost nothing of substance to show for a 20-year career in politics"

You know something DUDE? If BUSH was a stand up guy- a NON-Liar, I would perhaps even listen and try to understand the garbage you just posted, but since Bush is twice the LIAR Kerry ever dreamed of being, I just have to laugh..please challege me if you wish..I have so many web-sites devoted to BUSH lies, it would be very enjoyable...
Old 10-17-2004, 04:18 PM   #3
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally posted by: reeds
"The man is a self-aggrandizing liar of the worst sort, with almost nothing of substance to show for a 20-year career in politics"

You know something DUDE? If BUSH was a stand up guy- a NON-Liar, I would perhaps even listen and try to understand the garbage you just posted, but since Bush is twice the LIAR Kerry ever dreamed of being, I just have to laugh..please challege me if you wish..I have so many web-sites devoted to BUSH lies, it would be very enjoyable...
We can paraphrase Reeds now as NYTimes journalists would: "Even Kerry's most ardent supporters concede, that by their own measure, Kerry is the lesser man."
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004, 04:32 PM   #4
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: 5 Bills in 20 years....5 bills in 20 years.

I wasn't actually posting about him being a liar, I was posting about his non-existent senate record. And I do think it is telling that you ignore his inconsequential record of achievement and picks up on the authors opinion.

Show me again why this guy has done anything worthy of being president other than a very, very successful gigolo.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 03:50 PM   #5
mavsman55
Platinum Member

mavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura about

Reeds, there are plenty of anti-bush sites out there on the internet. It doesn't mean any of us care. Half of them are full of inaccuracies. And punkvoter.com is just ridiculous.
mavsman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 09:41 PM   #6
mavsman

mavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to behold

He could've done worse and spent half of that time being drunk or on coke. Well, never mind.
mavsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 09:37 AM   #7
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

One would think that the conservatives who want limited government would appreciate a legislator who didn't put a lot of bills into the sustem [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Here's the record from factcheck.org (not factcheck.com...)
------------------------
At the final presidential debate, Bush said Kerry had passed only five bills during his career, and Kerry said he had passed 56. Actually, we found eleven measures authored by Kerry have been signed into law, including a save-the-dolphins law, a law naming a federal building, a law giving a posthumous award to Jackie Robinson last year, and laws declaring "world population awareness weeks" in 1989 and 1991.

Bush counted only measures technically defined as "bills," leaving out four "joint resolutions" that also have the force of law, and he also omitted two laws whose House versions were adopted in a form nearly identical to Senate versions authored by Kerry.

When Kerry said "I've actually passed 56 individual bills that I've personally written" he was counting everything that had passed the Senate, whether or not it cleared the House. He also counts 24 resolutions that have no force of law.
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 09:58 AM   #8
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

Quote:
Originally posted by: Mavdog
One would think that the conservatives who want limited government would appreciate a legislator who didn't put a lot of bills into the sustem [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Funny.

At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 10:15 AM   #9
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

I don't see how factcheck.org makes Kerry look any better. He still hasn't accomplished anything in his 20 years in the Senate. Naming buildings and holidays and saving dolphins really isn't much to show for his Senate career.
Old 10-19-2004, 10:32 AM   #10
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: Mavdog
Here's the record from factcheck.org (not factcheck.com...)
------------------------
At the final presidential debate, Bush said Kerry had passed only five bills during his career, and Kerry said he had passed 56. Actually, we found eleven measures authored by Kerry have been signed into law, including a save-the-dolphins law, a law naming a federal building, a law giving a posthumous award to Jackie Robinson last year, and laws declaring "world population awareness weeks" in 1989 and 1991.

Bush counted only measures technically defined as "bills," leaving out four "joint resolutions" that also have the force of law, and he also omitted two laws whose House versions were adopted in a form nearly identical to Senate versions authored by Kerry.

When Kerry said "I've actually passed 56 individual bills that I've personally written" he was counting everything that had passed the Senate, whether or not it cleared the House. He also counts 24 resolutions that have no force of law.
Is this different information than is in the littlegreenfootballs quote in the first post? Or are the 11 at factcheck and lgf the same?
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote