Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 11-04-2004, 01:18 AM   #1
Misfit Mav

Misfit Mav will become famous soon enough
Default Former Mavs Debut Around the League...

Antawn Jamison: 34 pts / 8 rebs / 3 ast
Steve Nash: 12/3/4
Antoine Walker: 21/13/3
Nick Van Exel: 20/5/4
Eddie Najera: 5/5/1
Raef LaFrentz: 8/4/2
Jiri Welsch: 6/2/1
Travis Best: 6/2/1
Scott Williams: 4/1/2
Danny Fortson: DNP, injured
Christian Laettner: DNP, coach
Tony Delk: DNP, injured

I think that's everybody. Great games for Jamison in a big upset, and Nick Van Exel off the bench. Nash wasn't needed much and Walker's effort was futile on the Hawks.

EDIT: Forgot Raja Bell: 10/3/0
When asked after the Dallas Mavericks impressive game 3 win over the Sacramento Kings whether he thought the Mavs won because they played well or because the Kings played poorly, Nelson responded that it was hard to tell, much like a thermos. "How do it know?" queried the ever eccentric Nelson. When you put something hot in it, it stays hot. When you put something cold in it, it stays cold. "How do it know?"
Misfit Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-04-2004, 08:43 AM   #2
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Former Mavs Debut Around the League...

I posted this in another thread, but since someone made a thread just for this, I will point it out here too!

Walker: 21pts, 13reb, 3asst
KEY STATS: 9-22 FG, 2-6 3FG, 1-6 FT

Doesn't look like Mr. Pouts was working on his FT accuracy this summer!!!
Old 11-04-2004, 10:33 AM   #3
V2M
Diamond Member

V2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to behold
Default RE:Former Mavs Debut Around the League...

Quote:
Originally posted by: Male23Dan
I posted this in another thread, but since someone made a thread just for this, I will point it out here too!

Walker: 21pts, 13reb, 3asst
KEY STATS: 9-22 FG, 2-6 3FG, 1-6 FT

Doesn't look like Mr. Pouts was working on his FT accuracy this summer!!!
Accuracy... who needs that? He's a volume shooter, remember. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

V2M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 01:19 PM   #4
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

I'd take 2-6 (33.3%) on three pointers any night over Terry's 4-7 (57.1%) , Stackhouse's 1-2 (50%), Dirk's 2-5 (40%), and Finley's 1-2 (50%). At least Walker's being aggressive!!! [img]i/expressions/moon.gif[/img]

Anyway, the Mavs have certainly had a lot of talent over the years. It's nice to see that the ex-mavs are still having some success. Other than Eddie (who is a slight upgrade on Henderson), I don't miss any of them.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 05:25 PM   #5
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

At least Walker could get his wish of making an all-star team.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 11:25 PM   #6
fin4life

fin4life is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: EricaLubarsky

Anyway, the Mavs have certainly had a lot of talent over the years. It's nice to see that the ex-mavs are still having some success. Other than Eddie (who is a slight upgrade on Henderson), I don't miss any of them.
I also miss Jamison, I think he was a good team player. I feel he is an upgrade from stackhouse.... but the trade had to be made.
fin4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 12:32 AM   #7
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Jamison is going to be hell this season. I'm happy for both Jamison and Walker. Atleast they get a chance to lead a team into the playoffs in the east. Nice game by Nick.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 12:35 AM   #8
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Former Mavs Debut Around the League...

Quote:
Misfit: Walker's effort was futile on the Hawks.
get used to saying that a lot

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 01:47 AM   #9
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

I miss Jamison off the court.

On the court I miss him about as much as Nash- not much. He's just like Nash in my book- he brought something we didnt (and don't) need (offense) at the cost of something we were desperately lacking (defense)
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 12:07 PM   #10
GP

GP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to all

I do not believe for a second that Jamison is better than Stackhouse. Stackhouse is only 30 and can play an all-around game. Jamison is the worst defensive player in the NBA. Jamison can't get a single defensive board and can't create his own shot. For a guard, Stackhouse is an excellent rebounder, he defends well and he can get to the hoop at anytime against anyone. Not to mention he has better passing skills than he is given credit for. I'd say, on the face of it a Stackhouse for Jamison trade favored the Mavs heavily; however, the Mavs also scored a starting point guard out of the deal. Have you ever heard of a Washington trade that didn't work out one sided for the other team? I haven't.
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 02:27 PM   #11
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

I really liked Jamison & he is probably the only player besides Najera we've lost in the last few years I was genuinely sad to see go. He's going to tear it up this year & I'm happy for him.

Nick at Nite showed up against GS. Did you see his quote? The GS fans booed him... "I really got motivated because of the boos,'' Van Exel told the San Francisco Chronicle. "Last year, I came back too early (from knee surgery) just to try to play for this franchise, and the (expletive) booed me. So I was like (expletive) them. And that's basically what I tried to do to them. Stick it to them."

Ah, good times w/the vengence.