Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Old 11-08-2004, 10:43 PM   #1
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Howard Dean wants to replace McAuliffe.

Howard Dean considering bid to chair Democratic Party
Monday November 08, 2004
MONTPELIER, Vt. (AP) Former presidential candidate Howard Dean is considering a bid to become chairman of the national Democratic Party.

Steve Grossman, himself a former chairman of the Democratic National Committee, said Dean had told him he was thinking about it.

Dean was traveling today in New York and unavailable for comment. His spokeswoman, Laura Gross, said ``it was far too early to be speculating on that.''

The 240 members of the Democratic National Convention will elect a new chair early next year. Several names are already being mentioned, including former Clinton aide Harold Ickes; Donna Brazile, who ran Al Gore's presidential campaign, and Iowa Governor Tom Vilsack.

Dean has been outspoken since the beginning of his presidential bid in saying that the Democratic Party must establish a separate and unique identity from Republicans.

The next chairman will replace Terry McAuliffe, whose term is ending.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-09-2004, 10:55 AM   #2
jacktruth
Golden Member

jacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud of
Default RE:Howard Dean wants to replace McAuliffe.

This would be a win for the GOP.
jacktruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 11:53 AM   #3
Drbio
Banned

Default RE: Howard Dean wants to replace McAuliffe.

Couldn't agree more.
Old 11-09-2004, 12:28 PM   #4
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

ha ha ha!
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 01:48 PM   #5
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

Even though I am mostly Republican, I would be extremely disappointed if this happened. America is much better off with two relevant major parties.. if the DNC actually accepts Dean, then it's basically the beginning of the end for them.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 03:05 PM   #6
jacktruth
Golden Member

jacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally posted by: Rhylan
Even though I am mostly Republican, I would be extremely disappointed if this happened. America is much better off with two relevant major parties.. if the DNC actually accepts Dean, then it's basically the beginning of the end for them.
I completely agree . . . as soon as both parties take a stand against abortion, same-sex marriage and other forms of moral relativism.
jacktruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 03:39 PM   #7
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

Howard Dean would be a dramtic improvement over Terry McAuliffe. Dean is a very intelligent person, has been a successful candidate for office, and seemed to be able to develop a good rapport with young voters. He was able to generate funds, and did so in creative ways such as utilizing the internet.
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 03:41 PM   #8
FishForLunch
Platinum Member

FishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of light

Remember Vote or Die, the YOUTHS of America opted to die.
FishForLunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 04:12 PM   #9
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by: Mavdog
Howard Dean would be a dramtic improvement over Terry McAuliffe. Dean is a very intelligent person, has been a successful candidate for office, and seemed to be able to develop a good rapport with young voters. He was able to generate funds, and did so in creative ways such as utilizing the internet.
[img]i/expressions/musicnote.gif[/img]Spin Baby Spin....Dimo Inferno...Spin Baby Spin.....your party is a dyin'[img]i/expressions/musicnote.gif[/img]
[img]i/expressions/musicnote.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/musicnote.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/musicnote.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/musicnote.gif[/img]
(sung to the tune of Disco Inferno) [img]i/expressions/musicnote.gif[/img]

[img]i/expressions/musicnote.gif[/img]

[img]i/expressions/musicnote.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/musicnote.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/musicnote.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/musicnote.gif[/img]

[img]i/expressions/musicnote.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/musicnote.gif[/img]
[img]i/expressions/musicnote.gif[/img]
Old 11-09-2004, 04:26 PM   #10
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally posted by: Drbio
Quote:
[img]i/expressions/musicnote.gif[/img]Spin Baby Spin....Dimo Inferno...Spin Baby Spin.....your party is a dyin'[img]i/expressions/musicnote.gif[/img]
(sung to the tune of Disco Inferno) [img]i/expressions/musicnote.gif[/img]
talk about spin...

The party that you claim "is a dyin" was able to get almost 49% of the votes.

thanks for the laugh.

Old 11-09-2004, 04:31 PM   #11
Drbio
Banned

And yet got their ass handed to them by YOUR President, Mr. George W. Bush.....

keep spinning loser......we knew it would happen.
Old 11-09-2004, 04:33 PM   #12
Caliente
Diamond Member

Caliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally posted by: FishForLunch
Unfortunately, that is true. I had several in my office that did not vote.

Old 11-09-2004, 04:34 PM   #13
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

Quote:
An empty cardboard box would be a dramtic improvement over Terry McAuliffe. McAuliffe is a failure. He was brought in because he could raise money and he's done that, but how hard is that really? Under McAuliffe, the Dems did poorly in the 2000, 2002 and 2004 elections and McAuliffe is partially responsible for all three. In addition, his blatant lying on sunday morning shows had destroyed his credibility.

That being said, Dems can do better than Dean. Let's be honest. Was Dean a successful candidate? Did he make good decisions on the campaign trail? No, he was not. He energized new voters that didn't vote. He raised a lot of money that (i) he whizzed away; and (ii) his creative ways were successfully copied by Kerry.

Dems would best be served with an elected official. I'd recommend Governor Bill Richardson of NM. He's a Clinton appointee. He's governor of a red state. He's a former congressman. He was ambassador to the UN. He has a certain amount of credibility with democrats and republicans and the american people. Plus, he's not completely insane.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 04:42 PM   #14
Drbio
Banned

Oh and by the way.....many in your weak ass shell of a party have said as much Mavdoogie.

"We need to totally break down this mess and build it back up".
-- James Carville

"Facing reality is difficult because of unjustified confidence among high-level Democrats."
-- Robert Novak

"We need a strong two-party system. In my view, the current DNC leadership is endangering the viability of a party that has traditionally done much good for America."
-- Mark Heckman (dim advisor)

Old 11-09-2004, 04:45 PM   #15
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Plus, he's not completely insane.
A characteristic that is becoming seemingly more difficult to avoid in dimocratic nominees.
Old 11-10-2004, 11:59 AM   #16
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Drbio
Oh and by the way.....many in your weak ass shell of a party have said as much Mavdoogie.

"We need to totally break down this mess and build it back up".
-- James Carville

"Facing reality is difficult because of unjustified confidence among high-level Democrats."
-- Robert Novak

"We need a strong two-party system. In my view, the current DNC leadership is endangering the viability of a party that has traditionally done much good for America."
-- Mark Heckman (dim advisor)
LMAO! Novak is a conservative columnist, Carville is a self-absorbed hired gun, and Heckman is...well, a very indepenent thinker. Missing in any of these quotes is a suggestion that with 49% of the votes for Pres the Democrats are "dying" as you put it.

The only constant theme in what they are saying is that McAuliffe is better called......McAwful. His days are over and a new chairman who doesn't put out garbage, makes inaccurate claims, is needed.
Old 11-10-2004, 12:52 PM   #17
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

I can't believe you WANT Howard Dean as DNC chair. Of course, guys like Markos "Screw Them" Zuniga want Dean, too, so perhaps Democrats think he can restore the party to greatness.

I'd respectfully beg to differ with them...

Old 11-10-2004, 01:05 PM   #18
Mavdog
Diamond Member

"want" Dean? No, I am not saying he's the absolute best for the job. If he truly wants the post he could be well suited.

I wouldn't be against it, as I said above Dean would be a dramatic improvement over McAuliffe.
Old 11-10-2004, 01:11 PM   #19
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

As Dooby pointed out, an empty cardboard box would be a dramatic improvement over McAuliffe. He was a liar with no credibility who instilled no vision, direction, or leadership into the Democratic Party.

If you had your choice for DNC chair, who would you pick?

Old 11-10-2004, 01:28 PM   #20
Mavdog
Diamond Member

I need to make my standard point that I am not affiliated with either party...

Off the top of my head, there are two names that come to mind: David Pryor and Bob Kerrey.
Old 11-10-2004, 02:18 PM   #21
Drbio
Banned

[quote]
I need to make my standard point that I am not affiliated with either party...[quote]

Actions have pointed obviously otherwise.

Quote:
Off the top of my head, there are two names that come to mind: David Pryor and Bob Kerrey.
Kerrey is not a bad choice, although i can't get past the obvious unfortunate name.

Old 11-10-2004, 02:20 PM   #22
Drbio
Banned

It is so obvious to anyone with a brain that the dims are dyin' on the vine. They must perform complete overhauls to have even a shred of a chance in the future. I guess the brainless would argue otherwise.

Old 11-10-2004, 11:03 PM   #23
Epitome22
Golden Member

Epitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the rough

Al From, Simon Rosenberg, Paul Begala.
Epitome22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 01:40 AM   #24
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: FishForLunch
Dont know the spin on that one, but its true (except for the death part).

Very few people my age vote. I did, whether you like how I voted or not.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 01:45 AM   #25
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: jacktruth
Quote:
Originally posted by: Rhylan
I completely agree . . . as soon as both parties take a stand against abortion, same-sex marriage and other forms of moral relativism.
Democracy has never been built on a system in which there are two parties that represent the same values. If everyone believed the same thing, why would we have an election process? You can want a party to lose in the elections, but hoping that there will only be one consolidated party is unamerican.

I honestly wonder if some people would like a non-democratic theocracy.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2005, 10:00 AM   #26
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

Deanhampton Falls Flat--
Plutocrats stay away from Howard-hosted fund-raiser.

Where are the Hamptons Deaniacs? Some of New York’s wealthiest Dem contributors were no-shows at a $5,000-per-couple Amagansett DNC fund-raiser Howard Dean hosted at the home of Margo and Robert Alexander on July 9—prompting worries that the donor elite are shutting their wallets to protest Dean’s shoot-from-the-lip party leadership. Sources say big-shot supporters Hassan Nemazee, Robert Zimmerman, Carl Spielvogel, and Barbaralee Diamonstein-Spielvogel played hooky. “Dean grew up in the Hamptons, and it was his first time back as chair, so he should have filled the room,” concedes a DNC official. “DNC staffers were really disappointed. It spoke to the lack of confidence in Dean among the donor leadership.” DNC spokesperson Karen Finney responds, “It was wonderfully successful and gave the governor a chance to really listen to what people had to say. Unfortunately, due to other plans, those folks couldn’t attend.”
—Greg Sargent, NY Magazine
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2005, 10:25 AM   #27
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

The gift that keeps on giving. Howard Dean....Can't foget big Teddy K and trying to break into the lead Dick (nazi death camps) Durbin.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2005, 01:14 PM   #28
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Couldn't help but find a place to post this from the incomparable Mark Steyn.. The last sentence in this piece cracked my flat up. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

marksteyn
Dems had their chance to pick justice

July 24, 2005

BY MARK STEYN SUN-TIMES COLUMNIST

Thoughtful Democrats -- the rarest birds on the endangered species list -- might want to ponder this: "Another hanging chad has dropped. His name is John G. Roberts Jr., and he undoubtedly will turn out to be opposed to abortion rights, affirmative action, an expansive view of federal powers and a reading of the Constitution that takes a properly suspicious view of the state's embrace of religion. In these and other matters -- the death penalty, for instance -- he is expected to substantially reflect the views of George W. Bush, the man who nominated him to the Supreme Court, because that was what the election of 2000 and its sequel were all about. You hang enough chads, and you get to change the Supreme Court."

The Democrats drew exactly the wrong lesson from their chad fever. If the case teaches anything, it's the importance of winning at the ballot box, which you do by promoting clear ideas confidently stated. The Dems prefer to leave it to the Divine Right of Judges. You might too if you believed in gay marriage and partial-birth abortion, but, simply as a matter of practical politics, it's disastrous for the party.
Quote:
Poor sad Richard Cohen, unabletomoveon.org after five years, is a fine emblem for the Democrats: Ask not for whom the chad hangs, it hangs for thee.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote