Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 11-10-2004, 01:56 AM   #1
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute
Default A. Mourning...is he back?

just went for 14 and 12 tonight....yikes

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-10-2004, 01:58 AM   #2
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:A. Mourning...is he back?

64-60

Nets shot 34.2% from the field.

Portland shot 24.4%! Yipes!!!!

For a low scoring game like that, 5-10 50% shooting and 3 blocks is huge.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 02:34 AM   #3
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

hope he can keep it going

he's the center of the Turbo Twellies after all...

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 12:08 PM   #4
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: A. Mourning...is he back?

I feel for this guy... He is having a good bit of pain due to his kidney and can't take ANYTHING for it due to his condition... Not even standard OTC stuff...

He is a trooper for getting out there when he could just accept the money and call it a career...
Old 11-10-2004, 06:30 PM   #5
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

He will never play out his contract. Period.

Trooper? Maybe. I think he is trying to play long enough on one failing kidney to suck some team into a contract that will pay him past his ability to play. That kidney cannot physically hold up. Since I think he is doing that, I find it unethical and can therefore not give him any credit. I'm just glad he went to NJ and didn't sign the Mavs offer.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 10:06 PM   #6
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Slow down there Doc... The bottom line is that NJ signed him and he TRIED to play but his kidney failed... He has since fought back and, despite reports saying that he was going to retire and give NJ NOTHING for their money, he is now playing every game to make a HOPELESS team better... Now sure, he asked to be traded, but that is understandable in his position as he KNOWS that he has at best one more year and he wants to contend for that year... I know I would want to contend if I was playing one last year while in excruciating pain...

Regarding him trying to get one more payday, I don't buy it... He KNOWS that no team will sign him for anything other than a one year deal for low money... His career is over and he was a great player... I say he deserves credit for his efforts, but I guess I can understand your point too.
Old 11-10-2004, 10:09 PM   #7
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

He accepted his horrible contract. I dont know if I can blame him for that. I know I could have blamed him if he hadnt cared but he's really putting in the effort and playing through a lot of pain

16pts, 9rebounds, 3blocks, 2ast, 1steal tonight.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote