Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 12-02-2004, 07:36 PM   #1
sturm und drang
Golden Member

sturm und drang has a spectacular aura aboutsturm und drang has a spectacular aura aboutsturm und drang has a spectacular aura about
Default For good boys and girls: Christmas lists

Okay, I think some frivolity – just a little – is in order 'round here.

To that point, what do you want for Christmas this year?

(If you've been good, that is...)
Sponsored Links
Old 12-02-2004, 08:15 PM   #2
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: For good boys and girls: Christmas lists

I want this and this in Onyx Black.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-02-2004, 08:50 PM   #3
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold
Default RE:For good boys and girls: Christmas lists

I really really really want a new leather jacket. Something like this. I'm lobbying the parental units.

My brother's getting me this cause I don't have it yet. And I gotta replace my calendar (I have the Stars one now). I was going to get the Mavs one, but half of the players featured no longer play for us. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-02-2004, 09:28 PM   #4
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

Suits...I'll be graduating soon and I only have one, so I asked for a suit or two. I'm also hoping I can get my hands on a Boston Terrier.
Old 12-02-2004, 09:48 PM   #5
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

I'm glad that I'm dealing with my family and friends and not just Santa, because omnipotence isn't kind on this bad girl.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 09:57 PM   #6
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Got my Christmas present like 2 weeks ago.

Dell Dimension 3000 Series:
Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor (2.80GHz, 533 FSB)

Operating System:
Microsoft® Windows® XP Home Edition

Limited Warranty, Services and Support Options:
90 Day Warranty, 90 Day At-Home Service, and 1Yr Technical Support

Memory:
512MB Dual Channel DDR SDRAM at 400MHz

Hard Drive:
80GB Ultra ATA/100 7200RPM Hard Drive

CD or DVD Drive:
Single Drive: 16X DVD-ROM Drive

Floppy Drives and Additional Storage Devices:
No Floppy Drive Included

Productivity Software:
WordPerfect®, Powerful Word Processing

Security Software:
No Security Subscription

Monitors:
FREE UPGRADE! 15 in (15.0 in viewable) E153FP Flat Panel Display

Keyboard and Mouse Bundles:
Dell Quietkey Keyboard and Dell Optical USB Mouse

Sound Card:
Integrated Audio

Speakers:
Dell A215 Speakers

Video Card:
Integrated Intel® Extreme Graphics 2

Mouse:
Mouse included with Keyboard purchase

Network Interface:
Integrated 10/100 Ethernet

Modem:
56K PCI Data/Fax Modem

Internet Access Services:
6 Months of America Online Membership Included

Dell Media Experience: Dell Media Experience™

Digital Music:
Dell Jukebox - easy-to-use music player and CD burning software

Digital Photography:
Dell Picture Studio, Paint Shop Pro Trial, Photo Album Starter Edition

Document Management:
Adobe® Acrobat® Reader 6.0

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 10:15 PM   #7
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: ocelot_ark
Suits...I'll be graduating soon and I only have one, so I asked for a suit or two. I'm also hoping I can get my hands on a Boston Terrier.
I'd love it if I got a certified guarantee for Christmas that said I'd never have to buy a suit. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Gonna be 25 in a few months, and I don't have a suit or even a sportscoat/jacket/whatever-you-call-it thing. And I'm HOPING against all hope to keep it that way. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

For real, I don't want much for Christmas. I'm buying a house, so some furniture would be nice. A mower. A grill. You know, the stuff you don't/can't have in an apartment.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 11:54 PM   #8
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of

one of these

Old 12-02-2004, 11:54 PM   #9
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of

or maybe some khakis
Old 12-03-2004, 12:02 AM   #10
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally posted by: Rhylan
Quote:
I'd love it if I got a certified guarantee for Christmas that said I'd never have to buy a suit. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Gonna be 25 in a few months, and I don't have a suit or even a sportscoat/jacket/whatever-you-call-it thing. And I'm HOPING against all hope to keep it that way. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

For real, I don't want much for Christmas. I'm buying a house, so some furniture would be nice. A mower. A grill. You know, the stuff you don't/can't have in an apartment.
Well...that was really the only thing that I could think of. I've got everything else I really need. I don't have a need for home appliance stuff yet and i'm beyond set as far as home entertainment and computer stuff goes. I'm fixing to be 24 and I can't believe I've already got to that point. It's pretty sad, I know ;-) That being said, at least I won't have to buy suits out of my own pocket money when I go job hunting.
Old 12-03-2004, 03:08 AM   #11
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

This:

NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT Video Card

This:

BBC's The World at War DVD box set

This:

Gerber Freeman clip point folder

And this:

IU Party Shirt
Old 12-03-2004, 03:16 AM   #12
poohrichardson

poohrichardson is on a distinguished road

1.) Jason Richardson Tery Cloth D'Funkd Jersey
http://www.mvp.com/product/index.jsp?productId=1388852
(size medium)

2.) Troy Hudson jersey
http://store.nba.com/gp/detail.html/...6&node=3289541
Pick Troy Hudson from the top menu, and size 40 from the bottom

3.) Mavericks player jersey t-shirts (medium)
http://www.mavgear.com/detail.aspx?ID=69 (dirk)
http://www.mavgear.com/detail.aspx?ID=949 (Marquis Daniels)

4.) Houston Astros visor
http://www.gametimeusa.com/alcrimtid48x.html

5.) Traveling Wilburys hoodie (grey, size large)
http://www.lazycarrot.com/cart.php?o...&&artlinkid=34

6.) Bruce Springsteen t-shirt (white, size medium)
http://www.lazycarrot.com/cart.php?o...30&&artlinkid=

7.) Smallville season 1
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...s=dvd&n=507846
Get it used if you can, unless you’d completely prefer to get it new.. I actually like getting used CDs and DVDs so that’s how I’d prefer it, not to mention it’s much cheaper that way.

8.) Gun Shy DVD
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...v=glance&s=dvd
They also have it used for 4.95, half the price of it when it’s new

9.) Gun Shy Soundtrack
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...196210-0796035
They have it used for 1.70!

14.) Chicago Bulls Dynasty DVDs
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...v=glance&s=dvd

11.) Michael Jordan Bulls throwback jersey (medium)
http://store.nba.com/gp/detail.html/...U&node=3248051

12.) Michael Jordan Wizards jersey (size 40)
http://store.nba.com/gp/detail.html/...M&node=3248051

13.) Chinatown/The Two Jakes DVDs (you can get them as a package on Amazon)
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...s=dvd&n=507846

That's copied and pasted from an e-mail, which is why there are some explanations and all of the links..
poohrichardson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 03:20 AM   #13
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT Video Card
someone knows computer games. That card is an orgasm. I'm still stuck on the 5600U which runs Half-Life 2 perfectly fine, but no where near tearing it up with seizure inducing resolutions and shaders.
Old 12-03-2004, 03:37 AM   #14
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Hahaha... I'm currently running on a 5600 Ultra card (no shitting), and I've been playing a hacked version of half-life 2 for the last week. I haven't gotten out of the canals yet, and I'm getting mighty sick of those spinning, flying blade things chasing me in the sewers, but I'm hoping that I'm almost at the lab, and I have to imagine that the game will give Mr. Freeman his trusty gravity gun sometime soon... It's a great game, and I can't wait to install the 6600 and see how graphics intensive games like it, and Rome: Total War, look with the new card whirring away...
Old 12-03-2004, 10:22 AM   #15
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'm also hoping I can get my hands on a Boston Terrier.
giggle

I'm getting an awsome book set (over 30 vol) of all the works of all the significant early church fathers.

and some socks

I always get socks/underwear from mommy

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 02:21 PM   #16
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: sike
Quote:
I'm also hoping I can get my hands on a Boston Terrier.
giggle
LOL...oops. I've been outed.

Old 12-03-2004, 04:50 PM   #17
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

One of these
And one of those nice vid cards, too. Maybe two so I can buy that Alienware thing and have dual cards. Run Doom 3 straight from video ram....
Old 12-04-2004, 08:48 PM   #18
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

southern_sweets will become famous soon enoughsouthern_sweets will become famous soon enough

I would love to open a gift with a card inside that says I've been booked on a cruise or some other warm weather vacation.

However, I'll most likely get things for house, mostly kitchen stuff.

(I hope they took the hint and go to Crate and Barrel and not Walmart this year) [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Also, Santa, please bring Eddie back to the Mavs. It's what I really want.
southern_sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004, 12:10 AM   #19
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

Quote:

Also, Santa, please bring Eddie back to the Mavs. It's what I really want.
Don't hold your breath.

Old 12-06-2004, 04:48 PM   #20
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

I want a few more 9 and 11 assist performances by Jason Terry.
Old 12-06-2004, 04:57 PM   #21
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

I will give up my requests above for a Finley return.
Old 12-06-2004, 05:16 PM   #22
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk's ankles to hold up the next......15 years.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 05:21 PM   #23
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

I'd like a big genuine ruby, emerald cut of course, on yellow gold with tiny diamond accents.

Something a little like this, only in red:

Ruby Delight
Old 12-06-2004, 05:24 PM   #24
Psychedelic Fuzz
Platinum Member

Psychedelic Fuzz is on a distinguished road

I want a minidisc recorder
a korg triton sound module
a sitar
an alto trombone (with or without a Bb attatchment)
a sound card with 24/96 capabilities and a 1/4" input, don't really care which.

and for Dirk to win the MVP

Psychedelic Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 05:26 PM   #25
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Quote:
Originally posted by: Psychedelic Fuzz
I want a minidisc recorder
a sitar
an alto trombone (with or without a Bb attatchment)

and for Dirk to win the MVP
Just curious... since I know nothing of these sorts of things.... but...

What happens to an alto trombone if you dont have a Bb attachment?

edit: and you need a sitter for kids? I didn't realize you had children.

Old 12-06-2004, 05:29 PM   #26
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
and you need a sitter for kids? I didn't realize you had children.
this is the daddiest dad joke I've heard in quite some time.... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 05:50 PM   #27
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Quote:
This sounds like something you would see in a Star Trek movie. I want one also.
Old 12-06-2004, 06:23 PM   #28
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Quote:
It sounds to me like you ought to consider picking up a Creative Audigy 2, PF. I picked up one of those bad boys, and paired with the Creative 5.1 Megaworks speakers I bought, the thing creates an incredibly clear wall of sound whenever I crank it up. If you want that 1/4 input, you probably need to buy the Audigy 2 Platinum ZS, and that should set you back about $150 (I just got the normal ZS, that normally costs about $90, but I got a nice $40 rebate on at Fry's when they put it on sale).

I used to think that the old Soundblaster Live I used sounded pretty darned good, but after installing the 24 bit Audigy 2, I was amazed to discover just how thoroughly the A2 blows that old standard to hell....
Old 12-06-2004, 08:25 PM   #29
Psychedelic Fuzz
Platinum Member

Psychedelic Fuzz is on a distinguished road

well, without getting overly technical...

the alto is pitched in Eb a fourth higher than the standard tenor in Bb with an F attatchment, the primary function of which is to bridge the gap between the fundamental (pedal) and the usable range of the instrument. It extends the range only a major third instead of a perfect fourth, resulting in a half-step gap, a dilemma solved by the invention of the double-valve bass trombone. The alto with a Bb attatchment does the same thing a fourth higher, imitating the playing action of the standard orchestral Bb/F trombone. It's equally common for an alto to not have the valve, in which case it can't be extended to match the range and positions of the Bb trombone...but that's not really how they function to begin with.

In short, nothing happens if there's no Bb attatchment.

Psychedelic Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 12:11 PM   #30
XERXES
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: sike
Quote:
and you need a sitter for kids? I didn't realize you had children.
this is the daddiest dad joke I've heard in quite some time.... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

geeez- that is the corniest thing i have read in a while....
Old 12-07-2004, 12:21 PM   #31
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Oh come on guys..... you know you laughed.

When I use those "jokes" with my kids they always laugh. Well.... my oldest girl will roll her eyes at first until she remembers that she is not supposed to do that so she reverts to courtesy laughter.
Old 12-08-2004, 11:18 AM   #32
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

It's so hard to figure out what I want. I have a lot of great things.

Ice skating lessons would be fantastic.

I'm getting my favorite gift of all:
Time with loved ones - i'll get to be with Mom's side of the family for Xmas. It's been soo long. My grandparents bought me a plain ticket. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

There's really nothing else I can think of to wish for unless someone wants to pay off some of my debts: student loans, auto & consumer. A pay raise would be just as nice. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] (Mark, I'm not asking for a million free dollars.) [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

I hope that the new boss the company hired for me is super fantasticly wonderful to work for. I hope he thinks I rock. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

edit for clarity: it's the boss that's new. same job.
Old 12-11-2004, 05:58 PM   #33
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

Quote:
Woo hoo! I got my hands on a boston terrier. OK. My dad got it for me and I haven't actually played with him yet, but here's a picture: Dad's hands, nephew, and new puppy.