Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 12-27-2004, 05:17 PM   #1
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute
Default Mavs Tenth in Power Rankings

10 (8) Mavericks 18-10 From afar, Mavs just watched Nash total at least 10 assists in each game of Suns' 11-game win streak. The same Mavs who have (yikes) one double-digit assist game all season.

Hey Krispy Kreme Stein, what the hell does that have to do with the way our week went? So we're not as good at passing the ball as last year. Thanks captain obvious. Would you like me to give you Nash's phone number for a little one on one "interview"...wink wink, nudge nudge, say no more, say no more.

Here I will give my own analysis since people who get payed to do it, can't.

"The Mavericks had an impressive win against the Knicks but were embarrased by the Hawks just a day later. They rebounded nicely on the injury depleted Nuggets. Upside is that Dampier had his best game on sunday. Downside is they still haven't found consistency on both ends of the floor"

You see Marc, I wrote that faster then it takes to finish a jelly filled.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-27-2004, 05:21 PM   #2
StrikerV

StrikerV will become famous soon enough
Default RE: Mavs Tenth in Power Rankings

haha i love your sig.... its funny.
StrikerV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 05:52 PM   #3
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

sig??

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 06:15 PM   #4
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future
Default RE:Mavs Tenth in Power Rankings

I dont agree with Stein placing Cleveland and Sacramento infront of us at 8 and 9. Heck, I'm not even sure we shouldn't be at 7 instead of Detroit who is 13-12 in the Leastern.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 06:42 PM   #5
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds about right to me...Losing to golden state at home and atlanta. Right now we aren't playing much more than average.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 09:58 PM   #6
Hitman
Golden Member

Hitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to all

Stein's commentary was that it is ironic that the Mavs are by far the worst passing team in the league and they let go the number one passer in the Association.

Sounds pretty reasonable to me. The Mavs are not winning anything until they learn to share the ball.

Put Your Brand On Everyone's Lips: http://www.java-ads.com
Hitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 11:31 PM   #7
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

we have a few more games in the season to show who we are.

54 to be exact.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 11:52 PM   #8
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

None of the columnist-based power polls are worth following. If you want one that tracks where the Mavs are relative to the other teams in the league, I'd suggest the Sagarin ratings. Coincidentally, the Mavs are currently No. 6 there, behind Phoenix, San Antonio, Seattle, Miami, and Minnesota. That's probably about right.

Old 12-27-2004, 11:58 PM   #9
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

I hadnt seen those before. Thanks for sharing, KG.

I'm trying to figure out how they come up with the numbers, but it seems right. And by right, I mean similar to my opinion. b
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 12:01 AM   #10
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: kg_veteran
None of the columnist-based power polls are worth following. If you want one that tracks where the Mavs are relative to the other teams in the league, I'd suggest the Sagarin ratings. Coincidentally, the Mavs are currently No. 6 there, behind Phoenix, San Antonio, Seattle, Miami, and Minnesota. That's probably about right.

That's exactly where we belong. Stein has lost his mind. We're point guardless however we are still better than 3 of the teams he has ahead of us.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 12:23 AM   #11
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

I think the sagarin ratings are kind of like golf handicaps however....Easy to rise (higher ranking) but difficult to fall. I don't think we are playing the 6th best in the league right now. I know the ratings also show strength of schedule but that has been changing lately but our play hasn't relfected the easier schedule.

"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 12-28-2004, 01:14 AM   #12
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

The strength of schedule component is interesting:

-Phoenix has the best record in the league on the strength of the 29th toughest schedule.
-Minny has played the toughest schedule among the top ten teams, so they may be primed to make a run as it all evens out.
-The Lakers are clinging to a playoff birth despite the fact that they've only played the 23rd ranked schedule.
-OTOH, Denver has played 2nd toughest schedule. If they can get everyone healthy, they should be much tougher as the season progresses.

Old 12-28-2004, 01:33 AM   #13
dude1394
Guru

Yea minnie has had a bear of a schedule along with dallas early. Both dallas/minnie should probably get easier and january will tell the tale.

Old 01-04-2005, 02:08 AM   #14
TheBaron

TheBaron is on a distinguished road

just fantasy sports, but Rick Kamla from NBA TV's Fantasy Sports show says this on NBA.com

the link

How the West Was Won: Given the sad state of affairs in Minnesota (the Western Conference’s answer to Toronto in terms of turmoil), I don’t see them netting the No. 1 seed for a second straight year. That honor goes to the Spurs, who shall be rewarded for being the most consistent and best-coached team in the league. The Suns will win the Pacific and be the No. 2 seed, with the Timberwolves summoning just enough passion to win the Northwest. The pecking order after the top three will be Dallas (depth ensures them of the fourth seed), Sacramento (they cannot afford another injury), Denver (they should have promoted Michael Cooper after the Nuggets laid that egg on TNT against LeBron and the Cavs), Seattle (they fall back to earth, but land softly), and the Lakers (yes, there is a chance, a very small chance, that we see Kobe vs. Shaq in The Finals).

and a Nash reference

Most Valuable Player: My preseason call was K.G., who remains the best player on the planet. However, he has NOT been the MVP this year. It’s a coin flip between LeBron and Steve Nash, with the tiebreaker going to LeBron for being the most consistently dominant player through two months. That said, I expect K.G. to kick it into high gear in the second half and eventually repeat as MVP.

Oh boy!
TheBaron is offline   Reply With Quote