Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 01-12-2005, 02:57 AM   #1
Max Power
Banned

Max Power is on a distinguished road
Default Mavs vs Rockettes game thread

I see a hard battle but the Mavs should collect another home win.
Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-12-2005, 09:02 AM   #2
rakesh.s
Golden Member

rakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of light
Default RE:Mavs vs Rockettes game thread

mavs should cruise..blow out in the works
rakesh.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 09:53 AM   #3
V2M
Diamond Member

V2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to behold
Default RE: Mavs vs Rockettes game thread

Depends on how well we keep TMac in check. If JHo misses the game (reportedly he's still suffering from Flu), who'd guard him. I'm not sure if Fin and/or Stack could contain him. And we need another monster defensive game from Damp on Yao Ming.

I expect a close game until 4th quarter and then Dirk takes over to help us win by 10.
V2M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 10:19 AM   #4
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

I fully expect to blow the Rockettes out of the water and send them spinning into sub .500 territory as well as helping them to 9th place in the West, outside looking in on a playoff spot.
Old 01-12-2005, 11:45 AM   #5
vinnieponte

vinnieponte is on a distinguished road

Howard is listed as game time decision as far as I heard. He we're without his defensive presence and we can't stop Tmac, then I see a very hard game. Stop Tmac & Yao and we will win.

Mavs 109
Rockets 97
Old 01-12-2005, 11:46 AM   #6
vinnieponte

vinnieponte is on a distinguished road

Ohh and Ice Cube will be at the game tonight if anyone cares [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-12-2005, 11:50 AM   #7
Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl is a jewel in the roughQuetzalcoatl is a jewel in the roughQuetzalcoatl is a jewel in the roughQuetzalcoatl is a jewel in the rough

Mavs win. Bring me the victory, guys!!!

Hope Howard plays the game.
Quetzalcoatl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 12:35 PM   #8
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

Who will guard Dirk? Ok...I think we are in a better defensive position having Fin/Stack on TMac and Damp on Yao (like he can do anything) than the Rockets are with the Mavs. Who will stop Jet? Who will Jet have to stop?
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 12:52 PM   #9
Platinum Member

#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light

101-82 Mavs
#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 01:30 PM   #10
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Why does everyone think we must stop T-Mac in order to win this game? Didn't he put up 48 or 46 last time in a loss? I do however think this game will be close. I've never liked the Mavs in a national televised games.

Mavs 103 - Rockets 98

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 01:37 PM   #11
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

What lineup do you guys think we'll see tonight? I expect to see Dirk start at the 3 and Henderson at the 4 tonight.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 01:52 PM   #12
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

I am going to this one. Not going to predict anything, but the Mavs are 3-0 when I attend. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-12-2005, 02:23 PM   #13
endtroducing
Golden Member

endtroducing is on a distinguished road

I expect Stackhouse in the starting line-up...but yeah, Dallas wins. only by 5, though, because I think we'll squander a huge lead while McGrady goes all...well, McGrady on us in the fourth.
Old 01-12-2005, 02:33 PM   #14
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally posted by: ames7
I am going to this one. Not going to predict anything, but the Mavs are 3-0 when I attend. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
You are officially responsible for tonight's win. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
TripleDipping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 04:25 PM   #15
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

We should all pitch in somehow and get Ames Season tickets.
Old 01-12-2005, 04:34 PM   #16
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

Quote:
They are ATLEAST on 9 straight wins with me spanning over this season, last season, and a playoff game against Utah in 2000-2001 (before I watched the Mavs). I am going to the game tonight as well, sitting by the ManiAACS
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 05:42 PM   #17
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

The nba.com preview says Damp may be out because of a knee injury. Anyone heard anything?

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 07:08 PM   #18
rakesh.s
Golden Member

rakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of light

even without dampier and howard, i think the mavs can win easily

the only guy that used to play defense on that team was jim jackson and they traded him away
rakesh.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 07:09 PM   #19
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally posted by: TripleDipping
Quote:
You are officially responsible for tonight's win. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
I will do my best. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 01-12-2005, 07:37 PM   #20
endtroducing
Golden Member

I haven't seen anything about Dampier being out
Old 01-12-2005, 07:57 PM   #21
gogojojo73

gogojojo73 is on a distinguished road

is dampier and howard really out
gogojojo73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 08:03 PM   #22
Don_Didi

Don_Didi is on a distinguished road

ESPN 103.3 is reporting that Terry would start thsi game on the bench, and Harris will pick up T-Mac. Strange. Sounds liek a terrible mismatch to me, but we'll see.
Don_Didi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 08:07 PM   #23
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

just this blurb...i haven't heard anything else about damp being out
Text

Quote:

Houston (17-17) at Dallas (22-10) 9:00 pm EST
2004-05 Stats at a Glance

DALLAS (Ticker) -- The Dallas Mavericks look to complete a perfect five-game homestand Wednesday when they face the Southwest Division-rival Houston Rockets.

The Mavericks won their fifth game in a row Saturday with a 121-101 victory over the Indiana Pacers. Dirk Nowitzki scored 34 points and Michael Finley added 33 for Dallas, which shot a team-record 74 percent in the first half and reached triple figures for the seventh consecutive contest.

The Mavs may have to try to extend their winning streak without starters Josh Howard and Erick Dampier. Howard has been suffering from flu-like symptoms while Dampier has been hampered by a left knee injury.

If one or both are unable to go, it could be good news for Houston's 1-2 punch of Tracy McGrady and Yao Ming.

In Dallas' 102-78 triumph over Houston on December 11, Howard held McGrady, who scored a season-high 48 points in the teams' previous meeting, to 15 points on 6-of-16 shooting and Dampier allowed Yao to score 13 on 3-of-11 shooting.

In the Rockets' two losses to the Mavs, Yao has averaged just 13 points on 27 percent shooting.

Houston snapped a two-game losing skid with a 116-98 win over the Denver Nuggets on Sunday. McGrady scored 20 of his 45 points in the fourth quarter and the Rockets made 58 percent 3-pointers to move back to .500.
I haven't been keeping up much lately, but I didn't even realize damp was injured.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 08:14 PM   #24
Don_Didi

Don_Didi is on a distinguished road

I would be really be surprised if Damp didn't play. The ESPN crew didn't say anything about that, and that was way after that preview was written up.
Don_Didi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 09:23 PM   #25
endtroducing
Golden Member

Finley has taken some horrible shots
Old 01-12-2005, 09:24 PM   #26
endtroducing
Golden Member

in other news, Jason Terry is awesome
Old 01-12-2005, 09:24 PM   #27
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

WOOT Dirk 11 points with 4:48 left in first! GO BRADLEY !
Old 01-13-2005, 05:36 AM   #28
Platinum Member

#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light

Looks like the board has been down for a while, right?? Mavs lose 114-124 without Josh and, once again, Marquis. WhyTF did Damp play just 19 minutes?????
#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 07:40 AM   #29
bloodyhell

bloodyhell is on a distinguished road

Wow, finley laid way too many eggs. Dirk played fairly well but it wasn't enough. I have to say it was utterly pathetic how terry couldn't get dirk a deecent look. And is was worse how he was ignored. Maybe someday they will learn if they want to win. Bradley played great and should shut all the stupid haters up for at least one day. Manute bol was never the talent 7'7 shawn bradley is.(yao is 7'6 and shawn is an inch taller in pics where they're back to back)
Jason terry completely screwed up on key plays and also turned the ball over. Moral of the story, we didn't get our streak. Oh well. Maybe we can find a way to take it all out on the spurs.

Old 01-13-2005, 07:51 AM   #30
seelenjaeger
Diamond Member

seelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to all

Damp played that few minutes because he was in foul trouble early, and because Bradley was by far the best Mavs Big Man tonight.

Oh, and Bloodyhell - fine that you´re singling out Terry for that loss, but it was him who was a key to start our offense in the first half. Would be nice if you stop whining about Dirk not getting shots and focus on the things that matter.

We did NOT lose that game on Offense.

Was just another of those No-D-No-Rebounding games. We´re still short in quality defenders once Howard and Daniels are out, and if Damp can´t stay out of foul troubles we need others to step up on the Boards. Bradley did a great job there, Dirk didnt.
Old 01-13-2005, 08:09 AM   #31
bloodyhell

bloodyhell is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by: seelenjaeger

>Damp played that few minutes because he was in foul trouble early, and because Bradley was by far the best Mavs Big Man tonight.

Mainly because damp can't guard yao. Shawn can.

>Oh, and Bloodyhell - fine that you´re singling out Terry for that loss,

No, I don't think he's the only reason. Of course he did screw up.

>but it was him who was a key to start our offense in the first half.

Somewhat, sure. *devil's advocate as always*

>Would be nice if you stop whining about Dirk not getting shots and focus on the things that matter.

Uh sorry but your insane if you think dirk not getting shots is something that dosen't matter. I'm being extra nice btw.

>Bradley did a great job there, Dirk didnt.

Dirk did fine. Don't blame dirk for others not following through with maverick ball.

Old 01-13-2005, 08:13 AM   #32
seelenjaeger
Diamond Member

seelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to all

Dirk is a Power Forward. It is his JOB to go for D-Rebs. Getting outplayed by Juwan Howard stat-wise is not a sign of a particulary good game from Dirk.
Old 01-13-2005, 08:17 AM   #33
seelenjaeger
Diamond Member

Head to Head Juwan vs. Dirk

Shots take: 19 vs 18
Shots made: 14 vs 10

Offensive Rebounds: 3 vs 1
Defensive Rebounds: 3 vs 2

Assists: 4 vs 0

To: 0 vs 1

Steals: 0 vs 2

Fouls: 3 vs 4

So if our key player cannot outduel the opponents Power Forward in any counting aspect, why not blame it on our Point Guard, eh?

Old 01-13-2005, 08:21 AM   #34
seelenjaeger
Diamond Member

I mean, you´re right.

Our point guards were the only guys with a Rebound per Minute rate worse than Dirk last night, so it has to be the Point Guards ...

But actually that´s not my main point. You got to play Defense on someone. We didn´t. Our offense just HAS to be enough to win that game, even WITH the missed plays of Terry. If you score 110+ points you have to win it. If you don´t, the problem is not the offense.
Old 01-13-2005, 09:02 AM   #35
HexNBA
Golden Member

HexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to all

"No one gives Nowitzki credit," Van Gundy said. "The guy has turned into a very good defender. You watch him. Pick-and-roll coverages, he doesn't screw up. He shows well. He has learned how to strip guys when they go by. He fouls them and doesn't get called for it. Great anticipation. He's figured it out defensively."
Old 01-13-2005, 09:04 AM   #36
HexNBA
Golden Member

HexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally posted by: bloodyhell
Originally posted by: seelenjaeger

>Damp played that few minutes because he was in foul trouble early, and because Bradley was by far the best Mavs Big Man tonight.

Mainly because damp can't guard yao. Shawn can.
Yes, that's why Yao averaged only 13ppg on 27% shooting before last night and why Dampier was singled out by JvG for making Yao look so poor. But if you say so...

Old 01-13-2005, 09:38 AM   #37
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

I thought that the rockets shot better and rebounded better. I mean everyone on that team was hitting shots, everyone. Yao had a big impact inside as well, both on damp, dirk and our perimeter guys, he was pretty salty and a presence.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 09:48 AM   #38
AnMan21

AnMan21 will become famous soon enough

personally, i thought there was an awful lot of standing around out there last night. it seemed for a while there terry was the only one moving and the rest of them were standing around hoping the d would collapse and they could get a kick out and work it around to the open man. it's not that it doesn't work from time to time, but you can't rely on it - especially if your shots stop falling. i'll single dirk out on that one - seems houston played him pretty tough all night, and instead of working hard off the ball he quit moving. the rest of the team fell in stride.
AnMan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 10:02 AM   #39
Turkey
Banned

Turkey can only hope to improve

the mavs are totally boring. I noticed all the emty seats in the stadium.
Noone likes duck and fin anymore.

Duck made us loss. He never really helped the teams offense. He is so selfish.

My favorite team this season is Phoenix Suns. Boy are they great. Except I block out nash when I watch them.
Because he is a bad boy.
Turkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 10:11 AM   #40
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally posted by: Turkey
the mavs are totally boring. I noticed all the emty seats in the stadium.
Noone likes duck and fin anymore.

Duck made us loss. He never really helped the teams offense. He is so selfish.

My favorite team this season is Phoenix Suns. Boy are they great. Except I block out nash when I watch them.
Because he is a bad boy.

Then why do you spend so much time on this forum??
Bookit is offline   Reply With Quote