Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 03-21-2005, 04:36 PM   #1
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute
Default movie suggestions?

I just switched over to netflix, and have discovered that there are way to many 1.5 star sci-fi flix out there.

Any suggestions for a terrible sci-fi movie?

I've seen and thoroughly enjoyed some wonderful crap like Dark Star, Sphere and Battlefield Earth
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-21-2005, 04:45 PM   #2
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: movie suggestions?

scarey as crap: Event Horizon....Larry Fishburn (pre-Morpheus) and Sam Neil getting nasty!

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 06:02 PM   #3
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

Species...just because...well...you know.
Old 03-21-2005, 06:16 PM   #4
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

Blade Runner
Dark City
Dune
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 08:29 PM   #5
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

Dune wasn't done very well(either of them). They should have waited a few years for the technology to update. At least thats my opinion.

Dawn of the Dead, the new one, if you haven't seen it is pure greatness.
13th floor
Fifth Element
Old 03-22-2005, 12:15 AM   #6
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

The Sci-Fi channel Dune is leaps and bounds better than the Sting one. But their attempt at the 2nd and 3rd installments (Children of Dune) really sucked.

Stargate
Battle Beyond the Stars!!!!!!!
Old 03-22-2005, 08:10 AM   #7
signoftimes

signoftimes is on a distinguished road
Default RE:movie suggestions?

Planet Wars. Below is a synopsis(that's right, there are musical numbers):

Made in less than a month, this Star Wars rip off was released in Brazil a full 5 months before the original Star Wars hit Brazilian theaters, causing it to be a South American smash hit! Starring the Brazilian 3 Stooges, The Tramps; the
film features just about every Star Wars character you can think of; as well as some of the most embarrassingly bad sets, special effects and disco dance numbers you will ever find in a movie. The majority of the movie feels like a throw
away Sid & Marty Krofft show; complete with shot on video effects, amazingly retarded monster masks, and astoundingly stupefying musical numbers! A true must see bad movie rarity.
signoftimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 02:12 PM   #8
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

ever seen "The Last Starfighter"? One of my all-time favorite movies when i was younger. actually pretty good, too.

and sike, good call on Event Horizon. It's more of a horror flick set in space, though...

What about Jason in Space? Or Leprechaun in Space?

Old 03-22-2005, 02:20 PM   #9
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

I wish Sesame Street would put out a Pigs in Space movie.
Old 03-22-2005, 03:46 PM   #10
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: Big Boy Laroux
ever seen "The Last Starfighter"? One of my all-time favorite movies when i was younger. actually pretty good, too.

and sike, good call on Event Horizon. It's more of a horror flick set in space, though...
dang...The Last Starfighter is freakin greatness!!! I knew I liked you BBL! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 04:23 PM   #11
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally posted by: signoftimes
Planet Wars. Below is a synopsis(that's right, there are musical numbers):

Made in less than a month, this Star Wars rip off was released in Brazil a full 5 months before the original Star Wars hit Brazilian theaters, causing it to be a South American smash hit! Starring the Brazilian 3 Stooges, The Tramps; the
film features just about every Star Wars character you can think of; as well as some of the most embarrassingly bad sets, special effects and disco dance numbers you will ever find in a movie. The majority of the movie feels like a throw
away Sid & Marty Krofft show; complete with shot on video effects, amazingly retarded monster masks, and astoundingly stupefying musical numbers! A true must see bad movie rarity.
that sounds genius! why have I not seen this!?
Old 03-22-2005, 04:28 PM   #12
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of

Actually- after a little research I think I'm doubting the existence of this film. IMDB turned up a Japanese film and a google search provided one site that you copied and pasted from.
Old 03-22-2005, 06:00 PM   #13
mmmfast

mmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to all

eXistenZ
Escape from New York, LA
The Running Man
Tron
Akira - anime

OK, they are not all stinkers but fun to fill out a NetFlix queue.
Old 03-22-2005, 06:30 PM   #14
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Just rented Dawn of the Dead last weekend. Great film. Definately recommend that. Finally zombies don't walk in slow pace to catch you.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 10:58 PM   #15
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

28 Days Later isn't half bad either....check it out if you liked Dawn of the Dead..
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 11:07 PM   #16
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

Ah yes! Same director I think, Murph. I hear there will be a Day of the Dead soon [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] mwahaha
Old 03-22-2005, 11:09 PM   #17
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally posted by: mmmfast
eXistenZ
Escape from New York, LA
The Running Man
Tron
Akira - anime

OK, they are not all stinkers but fun to fill out a NetFlix queue.
Heh, i just watched The Running Man about 20 minutes ago. Pretty fun movie.

The Last Starfighter is greatness!! Also loved Jason X - so stupid it's hilarious. Alien vs. Predator was good for a stupid, no expectations kind of movie.
Old 03-22-2005, 11:38 PM   #18
OzMavs
Platinum Member

OzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud of

Starship Troopers- I just don't get that movie.

I'll buy you a drink: HERE

NOW WITH FREE REP WITH EVERY DRINK!!
OzMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 11:47 PM   #19
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

....Mad Max movies....
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 11:56 PM   #20
OzMavs
Platinum Member

OzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally posted by: Murphy3
....Mad Max movies....
I liked Mad Max, but then it got progressively worse. Beyond Thunderdome, what were they thinking "Two men enter, one man leave!" and Tina Turner?

I'll buy you a drink: HERE

NOW WITH FREE REP WITH EVERY DRINK!!
OzMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 07:56 AM   #21
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

awe man, Planet Wars sounds awesome!
eXistenZ was thoroughly terrible. I wouldn't even suggest it for a bad-movies to see list. Not Cronenberg's bets. 13th floor, though, was awesomely stupid.

28 days was one of my favorites. Definitely belongs on a good movie list, though.

I forgot that Jason went into space. That'll go on my list. Thanks, BBL.
Old 03-23-2005, 11:07 AM   #22
signoftimes

signoftimes is on a distinguished road

I'm pretty sure Planet Wars is for real. I found it on www.5minutesonline.com

While I haven't ordered it, I have ordered other movies from that site and they have all been for real.
signoftimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 01:04 PM   #23
mmmfast

mmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally posted by: Usually Lurkin

eXistenZ was thoroughly terrible. I wouldn't even suggest it for a bad-movies to see list. Not Cronenberg's bets.
I thought you wanted terrible sci-fi [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-23-2005, 02:33 PM   #24
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

If I had netflix, I would order all of the Star Blazers animated TV series and watch them over again.

Bad sci-fi:
Starman
D.A.R.Y.L.
What was that bad movie with the flying motorcycles? Oh, yes. Megaforce. That movie bit.
Buckaroo Bonzai
Howard the Duck
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 02:36 PM   #25
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

Oh, and Hardware. Worst movie I have ever seen. My friends and I demanded our money back and the manager refused. So we stood outside the theater and told people going in not to buy tickets to it. And the manager gave us our money back. I wonder why.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Old 03-23-2005, 03:17 PM   #26
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

Is hardwire the one with Mick Jagger as the bad guy? That one was horrible.

Good:
War Games
Flash Gordon
Tremors

Bad:
Enemy Mine
Leonard Part VI
Jonny Neumonic
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 04:15 PM   #27
Dooby
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: madape
Is hardwire the one with Mick Jagger as the bad guy? That one was horrible.
No, that was Freejack. Hardware had Dylan McDermott and a soundtrack by Iggy Pop.

Old 03-24-2005, 08:49 AM   #28
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Buckaroo Bonzai - heh, heh. Rock and Roll by night, extra-dimensional hopping by day. "Home, Home, John uhBig-Booty!" That was awesome.
Every American who spent any time alive in the 80's has an absolute cultural responsibility to watch Buckaroo Bonzai.

Hardware:
Yahoo! Users:
C+Flawed but worthy
Sometime in the future, a man acquires some pieces of an android for his metal sculpting girlfriend. The android was once a machine designed to destroy humans. In the night it reassembles itself and resumes its mission in this politically pretentious film.

Now, that looks like a plot to be ashamed of!
Old 04-13-2005, 03:58 AM   #29
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

Can't believe I forgot Beowulf. That movie defines bad sci-fi.
Old 04-13-2005, 08:47 AM   #30
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Whats with all the 28 days later love? I hated it. but hey if you guys liked it good for yall. Jason X was funny because it was so stupid. If we go to horror films I thought Saw was one of the best recent horror films. Darkness Falls was also good for the sheer idea of the tooth fairy being a killer. Worst movie i have ever seen is probably the Cube. Any of you who have seen it have to admit it was horrible.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 03:01 PM   #31
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

The Cell was pretty bad as well now that I think about it. Lopez in a Sci fi flick? thats almost an oxymoron
Old 04-13-2005, 03:03 PM   #32
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: sike
scarey as crap: Event Horizon....Larry Fishburn (pre-Morpheus) and Sam Neil getting nasty!
that was a great one!
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 06:10 PM   #33
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Ninkobei
The Cell was pretty bad as well now that I think about it. Lopez in a Sci fi flick? thats almost an oxymoron
Good one. I can't believe i actually own this movie. Watched it once.
Old 04-13-2005, 07:10 PM   #34
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure I'm forgetting many good films and even more bad ones, but here's a quick list (and I love Sci-Fi movies if you can't tell)...

Great:
David Lynch's Dune
Mad Max and The Road Warrior
BladeRunner
Tron
Escape From New York
Black Hole
Brazil
The Running Man
Transformers the Movie
Silent Running
Krull
Alien and Aliens
The Terminator
Flash Gordon (the 80's version)
The Last Starfighter
Soylent Green
Time Bandits
Any Planet of the Apes movie
The Andromeda Strain
WestWorld
WarGames

Middling to Bad:
StarGate
Gattica
Existenz
The Cell
Johnny Pneumonic
Minority Report
Solaris (a truly terrible movie)
Signs
Deep Impact
Contact

Old 04-13-2005, 07:15 PM   #35
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

Minority Report is BAD? That's one of my favorite sci-fi movies ever...and it has something like a 93% fresh rating at rotten tomatoes.
Old 04-13-2005, 07:20 PM   #36
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: ocelot_ark
Minority Report is BAD? That's one of my favorite sci-fi movies ever...and it has something like a 93% fresh rating at rotten tomatoes.

I disliked it almost as much as I've traditionally disliked all of the boring, derivative science fiction writings of Philip K. Dick...

[Edit: Although I did list BladeRunner, the adaptation of Dick's short story Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep as one of my favorites, so movies based on his books aren't all bad. I just wasn't a fan of Tom Cruise's performance in MR, and I am not a big fan of sci-fi movies that rely too heavily on CGI)
Old 04-13-2005, 07:25 PM   #37
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

I may be wierd but I absolutely adore zombie flicks and there are some fine zombie flicks out there.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 07:57 AM   #38
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

I watched a movie called equilibrium last week. It wasn't bad, once you get over the crappy premise (futuristic totalitarianism enforces world peace by getting rid of emotion - and killing people who are emotional), the crappy acting (Taye Digs gives best performance of the show), and the crappy unoriginal visuals (look ma! I've got a trenchcoat like the matrix!). It was like a very good story written by a 6th grader. Worth watching for those who liked it when pulp cost a dime.