Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 04-04-2005, 07:08 PM   #1
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice
Default Heels v. Ilini

The primetime match-up everyone in college basketball has been waiting for. The first time in 34 years the top two teams face off in the national championship game. There are so many story lines. Will Roy Williams ever win a national championship? Will the Illini win their first ever national championship.

Tarheels 100- Illini 90.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-04-2005, 07:32 PM   #2

Member will become famous soon enoughMember will become famous soon enough
Default RE:Heels v. Ilini

got heels in my bracket goin all the way, and gotta stick with em
Member is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 07:58 PM   #3
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Heels v. Ilini

Deron Williams will get the best of Ray Felton and the Illini will prevail.
Old 04-04-2005, 09:37 PM   #4
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

I have the Illini as well.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 09:45 PM   #5
#1MavsFan
Golden Member

#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all

I have UNC. nice little comeback by Illiniois.
#1MavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 10:26 PM   #6
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Go UNC!!!!! Woo hoo!
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 10:40 PM   #7
cheesestar
Golden Member

cheesestar will become famous soon enough

sean may was DOMINANT 10-11 is ridiculously good, he abused the illini bigs
cheesestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 03:11 AM   #8
4cwebb
Golden Member

4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally posted by: cheesestar
sean may was DOMINANT 10-11 is ridiculously good, he abused the illini bigs
It was pretty clear to me after watching the UNC vs. MSU game (which followed the IL vs. Louisville game) that IL was going to be in trouble with their post players.

Not to mention the fact that their C comes out and lays the biggest egg of his life (in only the biggest game of his life to date) today, and May was destined to dominate. Hope he stays at UNC for another year b/c I'd hate to see him come into the NBA and get a rude awakening that a 6'8" unathletic big man is not all that rare (unlike college ball these days).

Congrats to UNC and Roy Williams, btw. I was pulling for the Illini, but had no real stake in the matter.

4cwebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 09:26 AM   #9
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Hope he stays at UNC for another year b/c I'd hate to see him come into the NBA and get a rude awakening that a 6'8" unathletic big man is not all that rare (unlike college ball these days).
I see a lot of Elton Brand in him. He's a little undersized and not a great leaper, but he's not totally unathletic in that he's light on his feet for a man that size. He also has those long arms, catchers mits for hands and a soft touch. I think he'll adjust to playing against bigger guys and become a nice player.
Old 04-05-2005, 09:54 AM   #10
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I think he'll adjust to playing against bigger guys and become a nice player.
Role player, yes. Corliss Williamson like.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 10:04 AM   #11
dirno2000
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: dalmations202
Quote:
I think he'll adjust to playing against bigger guys and become a nice player.
Role player, yes. Corliss Williamson like.
He's a bigger and better college player then Corliss. He'll be a borderline All-Star.

Old 04-05-2005, 12:39 PM   #12
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

I'd pick up May in the second round but no sooner. There is just a lot of risk with him.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 01:42 PM   #13
dirno2000
Diamond Member

The whole 1st round is a risk with all of the high school and Int. players. A guy who produced at a major D-1 program for three years doesn't strike me as risky. If he slips to the late 1st round, he'll be like Josh and Tayshaun Price. In this draft, I'd take him somewhere between 10-15.
Old 04-05-2005, 02:00 PM   #14
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

May strikes me as a guy who will have a nice pro career. He's definitely a mid first round pick, or should be. If he were sitting there in the early second round, I'd love to see the Mavs steal him.
Old 04-06-2005, 10:37 PM   #15
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

hell, if he's there in the late first round, i'd take him. wait, do we have a first rounder this year?
Old 04-06-2005, 10:56 PM   #16
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think the Mavs have a pick in either round...but I could be wrong.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 10:58 PM   #17
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Nope...just checked.

First rounder goes to Utah for Pavel, second goes to NO for Armstrong.

Cubes will have to trade for a pick, which is entirely possible if he decides to unload KVH or Stackhouse.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote