Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 05-02-2005, 02:11 AM   #1
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Darius Miles

I know someone brought this up a long time ago in a different thread, but I couldn't find it. I bring it up because I remember recently hearing about him putting up 47 points one night as the regular season ended. The guy has kind of an attitude problem, but he's young, big, and very athletic. He could be that above-the-rim player we've been missing since Finely became solely a shooter.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-02-2005, 09:23 AM   #2
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Darius Miles

He is KVH with more athleticism and less touch. I'd rather have KVH personally. He is far more efficient.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 12:55 PM   #3
fin4life

fin4life is on a distinguished road
Default RE:Darius Miles

I like the idea if the price is right. I am not a big fan of him as a person, but I like his game. He is so damn athletic, that it is hard not to find a place for him.

We could trade stackhouse for him straight up. I know a lot of people would be pissed off if we did it... but I would like that trade. It would let Daniels paly more (providing that Avery lets him) which i think would be a major plus. Fin will still be there to provide veteren leadership, and miles/daniels/KVH/(harris/JET) will be plenty of firepower off the bench.
fin4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 04:18 PM   #4
kingrex
Platinum Member

kingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the rough

I'd rather get Bobby Simmons of the Clippers over the head-case that is D-Miles.

Find a way to get Simmons here, and this team will be even stronger.
kingrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 03:12 AM   #5
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: dalmations202
He is KVH with more athleticism and less touch. I'd rather have KVH personally. He is far more efficient.
KVH is not a shooting guard.

Edit: Perhaps I didn't make my point very clear. I brought it up because, aside from a "true" point guard, the biggest weakness we appear to have as a team is the lack of an atheletic slasher that can take it to the rack at the 2 spot (i.e. what Finley used to be) I originally hoped Marquis could fill this role, but he's more of a PG/SF than a 2. KVH is our backup PF. Miles is a slasher in every sense of the word, not to mention that he's 6'9 which could create matchup problems. Imagine if we had Miles starting at 2, with Fin coming off the bench. Then we'd have a bench which would include Jerry Stackhouse, Keith Van Horn, and Michael Finley. (provided of course that none of them would be involved in the trade) That'd be some potent stuff!
Old 05-03-2005, 11:38 AM   #6
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Miles is the poster boy for under achievement. I'd rather develop Marquis and keep Stack, who is one of the best slashers in the league.
Old 05-03-2005, 12:24 PM   #7
kingrex
Platinum Member

kingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: LRB
Miles is the poster boy for under achievement. I'd rather develop Marquis and keep Stack, who is one of the best slashers in the league.
I agree. Morever, Stackhouse has really provided some play-off toughness on this team.
kingrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 05:32 PM   #8
bo319

bo319 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: Thespiralgoeson
Quote:

Edit: Perhaps I didn't make my point very clear. I brought it up because, aside from a "true" point guard, the biggest weakness we appear to have as a team is the lack of an atheletic slasher that can take it to the rack at the 2 spot (i.e. what Finley used to be) I originally hoped Marquis could fill this role, but he's more of a PG/SF than a 2. KVH is our backup PF. Miles is a slasher in every sense of the word, not to mention that he's 6'9 which could create matchup problems. Imagine if we had Miles starting at 2, with Fin coming off the bench. Then we'd have a bench which would include Jerry Stackhouse, Keith Van Horn, and Michael Finley. (provided of course that none of them would be involved in the trade) That'd be some potent stuff!
Miles is not a SG either. Miles is a SF with great athletic ability but no basketball IQ or NBA shot. I personally would love to have a guy like him for his defense if he could stay focused but his attitude really sucks.
bo319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 08:44 PM   #9
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: bo319
Quote:
Originally posted by: Thespiralgoeson
Quote:

Miles is not a SG either. Miles is a SF with great athletic ability but no basketball IQ or NBA shot. I personally would love to have a guy like him for his defense if he could stay focused but his attitude really sucks.
Miles is a swingman that can play either positions. I'm simply saying that I think he'd be much more effective as our starting 2 than would Marquis. Marquis just thrives in isolation situations; backing his defender down and shooting the short J.
Old 05-03-2005, 09:29 PM   #10
fin4life

fin4life is on a distinguished road

Well, he probaly would never have to play the two. I can hardly imagine a situation that he wouldnt be in the game without either fin, daniels, howard, or even a combo of Harris/Jet.

PS... Bobby simmons will be nearly impossible to get
fin4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 11:52 PM   #11
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Darius Miles

Sterling might one day wake up next to a prostitute, wearing women's underwear and think, "I wanna milk more money out of the Clipper franchise" and trade his talent for expiring contracts.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 02:20 AM   #12
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: kingrex
Quote:
Originally posted by: LRB
I agree. Morever, Stackhouse has really provided some play-off toughness on this team.
Stackhouse is a great slasher, the only one on the team really... which is why we need another one, like say... Darius Miles. Josh has us covered at 3, so we need a young athletic slasher at 2. Stack is just a very valuble sixth man.