Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-12-2005, 10:51 AM   #1
Big Lo

Big Lo will become famous soon enough
Default The Stackhouse effect ...

Not since the glory days of NVE have we had a warrior like this, and god help us if he ever gets hurt. and to think that people thought he would be a cancer but hes been quite the contrary. outside of dirk, i dont think anyones been quite as consistant. its nice to know that we have someoen thatll lay a little wood to these cats that think they can storm the lanes.

BTB, anyone see that sick block he had? WOW, sup3r3l33t.
Big Lo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-12-2005, 11:24 AM   #2
watcher

watcher is on a distinguished road
Default RE: The Stackhouse effect ...

Stack the enforcer. "We'll take no shit!"
watcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 11:35 AM   #3
fin4life

fin4life is on a distinguished road
Default RE:The Stackhouse effect ...

I have no problem with praising stackhouse becasue I like him as a player. I just find it odd that you choose to do so after he had a subpar game. I think a lot of the shots that he had last night were extremely forced and that he had a bad game (offensivly). I do, however, love the guy.
fin4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 11:36 AM   #4
endtroducing
Golden Member

endtroducing is on a distinguished road

he hustled all over the floor and played great D. was a huge spark...I don't see a reason NOT to be praising him right now
Old 05-12-2005, 12:07 PM   #5
kyptonite

kyptonite is on a distinguished road

I love him just for that JJ block. If JJ hadn't been injured (I never want another player injured), that would have been a glorious play. It's a shame he had to come down and hit his head. Either way, Stackhouse didn't mean to hurt him.
kyptonite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 12:18 PM   #6
Big Lo

well if you praise him in glory, you have to praise him in darkness. Thing is hes been quite the unsung hero for this team, and now, he delivering when the team needs him the most. now some of those shots were forced, but stacks is a scorer, and thats what they do, but he does gallons more good than bad. I still think he got a bum wrap on that offensive foul late.
Old 05-12-2005, 12:19 PM   #7
sbjensen

sbjensen will become famous soon enough

Stack hasn't yet finished well in this series, and his outside shot has also been off.

However, in this series Stack will be the difference maker in at least one, and possibly two games. He will NOT stop attacking the basket, which is one of the two keys to this series for Dallas.

1) attack the basket
2) get back and matchup with someone in transition

In my opinion, everything else besides those two elements is window dressing. If we consistently do both, we will win. If not, we will lose. This is even more true now that Joe Johnson will probably miss the rest of the series. The lane is wide open, guys.

Stackhouse will not forget the first key, and I don't think he will let his teammates forget it either.

Stack to the rack, baby. When he finally finishes on about two or three drives in a row, watch out, cuz he's going off. And his tendencies will prove contagious. Either Phoenix will need to change its philosophy about avoiding fouls, the Suns will have to give Stephen Hunter significant minutes, or both.

I predict Stack will score over 20 points in two of the remaining games.

Mavericks in six.
Old 05-12-2005, 12:24 PM   #8
Big Lo

its funny how teams that arent known for defense, forget the little things. Like for example; stackhouse always goes right ...

collins made a point abotu that last night during the telecast. i thougth it was kinda funny when stack had the rock, and doug called it.
Old 05-12-2005, 12:34 PM   #9
ddh33
Platinum Member

ddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant future

Stack's tough. No matter what happens, he's going to keep playing hard and keep attacking. I'm not sure people realize how big that is. It is constant pressure on the defense because you know this guy can work his way to 25 in a hurry. I expect him to play much better in future games in this series, and that's not good news for the Suns.
ddh33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 12:39 PM   #10
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all

I really, really like the block he had where he met the guy at the top. If that was in Dallas, the crowd would have gone nuts! Jerry is a warrior. I didn't realize he led the league in scoring on year. Teams can't forget about him.
Old 05-12-2005, 12:57 PM   #11
Big Lo

Hes our more experienced version of Joe Johnson.
Old 05-12-2005, 01:02 PM   #12
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Just that big rejection on Marion at the rim was enough to energize the team. I knew then and there the Mavs wouldn't lose the game.
Old 05-12-2005, 02:39 PM   #13
birdsanctuary
Platinum Member

birdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to all

How bad was that offensive foul call on stack for the push off at the end of the game.
Old 05-12-2005, 04:43 PM   #14
Big Lo

in the realm of the playoffs it was a relative no call. really wasnt much of a push off from my perspective.
Old 05-12-2005, 04:45 PM   #15
Movie Phone

Movie Phone will become famous soon enough

when i was watching that play in action i was confused about what the heck just hapened. i saw the replay and stack gave a little forearm on stoudamire to create room. it really wasnt all that bad and didint give him the seperation that a forearm normally gives you.(cause its amare). then you gotta think back to marquis guarding nash. nash totally just threw his right arm out at marquis and quis was called for the foul. that was a ridiculous call. im not whining, but i just think that the refs need to be consistent in their calls and not let the momentum of the game or the crowd determine their calls. especially that "flagrant foul"....which was only given so that dick bavetta could get out of the American West Arena alive.
Old 05-12-2005, 04:50 PM   #16
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Yea I can't believe we would have a Stack Appreciation thread after these last two games. I love the hustle and the blocks were so great they were momentum changers but how many dunks and layups can he possibly miss before it starts to hurt the Mavs? And though before this series he was hitting that mid range fadeaway I hate it. He takes it everytime the Mavs have no momentum and in return it always results in a miss and a fastbreak point for the Suns. All I want to do is see Stack make his layups and dunks. That's it. He does that i'll hop on the bandwaggon.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 04:58 PM   #17
Big Lo

i think you may be overexaggerating a little bit. He didnt convert on some of those, but more often than not hell make those when it counts. whats appreciated is his attitude and his approach. his confidence is unreal. (which you have to have to be what he is)
Old 05-12-2005, 05:18 PM   #18
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

I don't have the correct amount but i'm willing to bet that he's missed over 5 open dunks/layups. I appreciate his confidence. I was just talking to a friend about how regardless of what may occur he's always contesting dunks even if he gets dunked on. Only person out of 12 guys who does that on this team is Shawn Bradley. That's definately appreciated but I just can't watch another dunk or layup missed. Maybe i'm confusing him with Marquis because he's also missed his share of easy buckets.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 05:35 PM   #19
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Stack had a couple of big plays, but he was pretty bad overall. He has been a negative for the Mavs so far in this series. He's missed a ton of layups and consistently makes poor decisions.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 05:40 PM   #20
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: birdsanctuary
How bad was that offensive foul call on stack for the push off at the end of the game.
Oh my god, I was screaming at my tv when that happened. We've all seen bad calls, but that had to be one of the worst I've ever seen. Stackhouse didn't even use his arm to clear space; Stoudemire was all over him. On top of that HE WAS IN THE RESTRICTED ZONE! That should've been a 3 point play instead of a turnover for us. That piss poor call nearly cost us the game.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 05:44 PM   #21
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

You can commit an offensive foul in the restricted zone.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 05:47 PM   #22
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: Thespiralgoeson
Quote:
Oh my god, I was screaming at my tv when that happened. We've all seen bad calls, but that had to be one of the worst I've ever seen. Stackhouse didn't even use his arm to clear space; Stoudemire was all over him. On top of that HE WAS IN THE RESTRICTED ZONE! That should've been a 3 point play instead of a turnover for us. That piss poor call nearly cost us the game.
The restricted zone only applies to charges/blocking calls. It had no relevance in the offensive foul called on Stack.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 05:58 PM   #23
Big Lo

offensively, hes hasnt been as good as he has been, but nonetheless, he been solid in the playoffs so far. a soldier.
Old 05-12-2005, 09:31 PM   #24
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally posted by: Movie Phone
when i was watching that play in action i was confused about what the heck just hapened. i saw the replay and stack gave a little forearm on stoudamire to create room. it really wasnt all that bad and didint give him the seperation that a forearm normally gives you.(cause its amare). then you gotta think back to marquis guarding nash. nash totally just threw his right arm out at marquis and quis was called for the foul. that was a ridiculous call. im not whining, but i just think that the refs need to be consistent in their calls and not let the momentum of the game or the crowd determine their calls. especially that "flagrant foul"....which was only given so that dick bavetta could get out of the American West Arena alive.
That call was BS. How was Stack going to balance himself? What was he going to do? Cut off his arm?
Old 05-12-2005, 09:32 PM   #25
Simon2
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Movie Phone
That call was BS. How was Stack going to balance himself? What was he going to do? Cut off his arm?
Old 05-12-2005, 10:51 PM   #26
basketball jonessss

basketball jonessss is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: Thespiralgoeson
Quote:

Agreed. Stack did not use his arm to clear space. His hand and arm were knocked off the ball by Studadmire.
Old 05-12-2005, 11:29 PM   #27
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

At 1st glance I didn't have a problem with the call, but I just rewatched the 4th quarter and after further review, it was a bad call. Amare actually brought his arm down on Stacks left arm, which should have been a foul. Stacks off arm never made body contact with the defender. When you look at the replay from beneath the goal, it's easy to see why the call was missed because from that angle it looked like a push off.

I also went back and review the last play of the game...the one where everybody claims that Quis made a stupid play. When Nash picked up his dribble, Quis shaded towards the lane just in case he had to help on Amare if Steve threw the lob. All the while he had Richardson on his back and was holding is arms out to keep contact. Then Q proceeds to shove Quis and run to the three-point line...Marquis didn't lose his man he was pushed. He did good job to recover, run the man off the spot and avoid the foul.
Old 05-12-2005, 11:47 PM   #28
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Good catch on the Q-shove, dirno. That would make at least twice that teams have gotten away with off-the-ball fouls on buzzer-beating attempts this postseason (Mike James' uncalled shove on Dirk after TMac's inentional miss from the free throw line in the Houston series being the other). I'm glad neither one has resulted in a made bucket.