Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 05-13-2005, 09:00 AM   #1
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future
Default Congratulations to Larry Hughes

Congratulations to Larry Hughes for being named to the All Defensive team. You've shown the nation just how stupid media writers can be for naming someone so poor as you to an all defensive team.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-13-2005, 12:57 PM   #2
4cwebb
Golden Member

4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light
Default RE:Congratulations to Larry Hughes

I'm not really trying to stick up for Hughes, but didn't he lead the NBA in steals this year? I'm too lazy to look, and I'm no expert on the defensive statics which the pundits point to in order to select members of the all NBA defensive team, but I'm struggling to think of another SG more deserving than Hughes. Any thoughts?
4cwebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 02:16 PM   #3
Speedy

Speedy is a jewel in the roughSpeedy is a jewel in the roughSpeedy is a jewel in the roughSpeedy is a jewel in the roughSpeedy is a jewel in the rough

I don't know if someone has made this comparison before, but does Marquis remind anyone of a little bigger Larry Hughes?
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 12:10 AM   #4
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Yea, he sort of reminds me of a slower version of Hughes. Both play the passing lanes great but defense is questionable.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 09:34 PM   #5
harsh euro barge

harsh euro barge will become famous soon enoughharsh euro barge will become famous soon enough
Default RE: Congratulations to Larry Hughes

Steals don't = good defense

Especially true in Larry Hughes case
harsh euro barge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 02:39 PM   #6
#1MavsFan
Golden Member

#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all
Default RE: Congratulations to Larry Hughes

I'm surprised Marion didn't make first or second team. Hughes got the place by default since Artest had to go crazy.
#1MavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote