Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 03-01-2002, 03:07 PM   #1
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

just wondering if it would be possible to have a section available for rangers fans...instead of having to use the lounge..

just curious
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-01-2002, 04:39 PM   #2
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

I'd like to see a few more sections myself. Baseball, football, and hockey might deserve their own sections.
MFFL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2002, 04:57 PM   #3
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

The name of this site is Dallas-Mavs.com, not Dallas-Stars/Cowboy/Mavs/Texas-Ranger.com. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2002, 05:28 PM   #4
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

haha..i know it's a mavs site.
and obviously, the rangers section wouldn't be near as busy..but it would allow the site's lounge to be a little less cluttered.
it's a lounge..but half the posts in baseball season end up being baseball oriented...would just make the board as a whole more user friendly..

just an idea i was throwing out...
there's no problem with throwing ideas out there that you think might help the board
Old 03-01-2002, 05:28 PM   #5
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Who didn't see that one coming?
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2002, 05:35 PM   #6
Murphy3
Guru

i even knew it would be coming from someone before i posted the idea.. however, i still thought it was something worth throwing out there.. to try and get some feedback.

obviously, alot of people are from the dallas area that post on this board..and pretty much all of us love the mavs..however, as a secondary issue, some of us are big time ranger fans as well..it would just make some sense to explore the idea..

it won't take any of the thunder away from the mavs in any way..i just think it would make the board stronger..help bring more quality posters.. maybe help some ranger fans to further appreciate the mavs..

besides, is there a better mavs site out there? no, of course. is there a reason to think that a scaled down rangers portion wouldn't also be the best site to post rangers info?

Old 03-01-2002, 05:46 PM   #7
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Two advantages to more sections. Many of us are SPORTS fans, not just basketball fans. Some of us even like other sports more than basketball [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] The next advantage would be the fact that this forum is dead, dead, dead during the off season. Maybe some of us would still stop in on a regular basis during the summer if there is a section for other sports.

maybe make a new section called "Other Dallas-area sports".
Old 03-01-2002, 07:25 PM   #8
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

I don't see this off-topic forum getting too cluttered at all..and I swear each time I get requests for a new forum (remember the fantasy hoops boards? there were tons of fantasy hoops talk just before the specific board was made, but then no one posted in it!) no one posts in it! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2002, 08:13 PM   #9
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

I agree with dj. The Around the NBA and Lounge don't get enough traffic as it is. A Rangers, Stars, and Cowboys forum would get even less. Although I still hope(some day) to put a North Texas Sports message board together. It's a dream of mine [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] .

Old 03-01-2002, 08:33 PM   #10
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

we have a fantasy board? or did I misread that?

I would use a general Rangers board, but to be honest, the lounge is just as good a place for me. I use the newberg site for rangers a lot. I will in all likelihood use the lounge as well now that I know its here. I think this site is awesome.

Doc
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2002, 08:38 PM   #11
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

<< we have a fantasy board? or did I misread that? >>

We did, it's was recently taken down though. Because of little interest. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-01-2002, 10:10 PM   #12
Murphy3
Guru

well, i honestly think a fantasy section is a much more exclusive section than a rangers section..or rangers/cowboys/stars section... alot more people would be interested in the rangers/cowboys/stars section than the fantasy part...

plus, i believe it would be a good way to introduce new people to the board..

just my hso
Old 03-01-2002, 10:29 PM   #13
MFFL
Guru

I think another section would be good but either way is cool with me. I just don't like seeing my sports opinions on the Cowboys mixed in with a discussion on who's hotter - Ginger or Mary Ann.
Old 03-01-2002, 10:30 PM   #14
Murphy3
Guru

yep..me too mffl
just throwing out some ideas to what i think will make the board better.. doesn't mean i'm right though
Old 03-01-2002, 11:41 PM   #15
grbh
Platinum Member

grbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to all

What about a board that is just: other sports. Certainly it makes the Mavs the #1 destination, but if anyone wants to talk Cowboys, Rangers, Stars, or any other out of town team they could. I think it solves a problem without infringing on the intention of this board.

http://www.genevaschools.org/austinb...gray/platypus/
grbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2002, 01:04 AM   #16
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

If this forum ever gets flooded with Rangers/Stars/Cowboys talk, then I'd probably consider creating a separate &quot;Other Sports&quot; forum. But as it is, there are maybe two or three Rangers threads created every few months, and just as few Cowboys and Stars-related ones. Would be nice to have this entire site bustling from forum to forum, though, since I think a separate sports forum would be cool if it were actually used constantly.
Old 03-02-2002, 12:16 PM   #17
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

Flying Tiger will become famous soon enoughFlying Tiger will become famous soon enough

I think other sports would be a good idea. I don't like the Cowboys and the Cubs hold supremecy over the Rangers in my book. (and Murph begins the Cubbie bashing)
Old 03-02-2002, 01:42 PM   #18
grbh
Platinum Member

grbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to all

A Cubs and Mavs fan. You are a glutton for puishment huh

Old 03-02-2002, 05:53 PM   #19
Murphy3
Guru

i cannot stand samie sosa..
he gives the cubs a bad name..
and what's the deal with him show boating every freaking time he hits a home run.

if any deserves a randy johnson fastball between the eyes, it's him
Old 03-03-2002, 06:03 PM   #20
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

Flying Tiger will become famous soon enoughFlying Tiger will become famous soon enough

Murph...I'll save that argument for baseball season.

Speaking of a glutton for punishment...my favorite football team is the Lions.
Old 03-03-2002, 06:04 PM   #21
djb
Administrator

Well they sure kicked our ass last time [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
Old 03-03-2002, 06:06 PM   #22
grbh
Platinum Member

My goodness, I hope you have a good therapist.

My favorite teams are the Dallas ones across the board: Rangers, Mavs, Stars, Cowboys.
For college sports it is UT.
I have been very lucky.

Old 03-03-2002, 06:10 PM   #23
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

Well...it took the Mavs a while to get where they need to be, but they're defenantly there. And the Cubs are the best team in the National League Central, but they can(and probably will) find a way to blow it all. But I don't really have anthing to say for the Lions. I'll just have to remember the Cowboy game for a while. Although the future does look bright for new QB Mike McMohn, expecially with Charlie Batch out of his way.