Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 03-07-2002, 06:45 PM   #1
OzMavs
Platinum Member

OzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud of

Nets' Kidd Fined $5,000

Kidd
NEW YORK, March 7 -- New Jersey Nets guard Jason Kidd has been fined $5,000 for directing an obscene gesture toward fans, it was announced Thursday by Stu Jackson, NBA Senior Vice President, Basketball Operations.
The incident occurred at the conclusion of the Nets' 89-87 loss to the Phoenix Suns at America West Arena on March 6

Did anybody see this?

I'll buy you a drink: HERE

NOW WITH FREE REP WITH EVERY DRINK!!
OzMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-2002, 06:47 PM   #2
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

I saw it...
As he was walking down the tunnel to the locker rooms he gave some Phoenix fans the finger over his shoulder. I actually thought it was pretty funny.
Old 03-07-2002, 06:49 PM   #3
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

Flying Tiger will become famous soon enoughFlying Tiger will become famous soon enough

He flipped them off because they booed him every time he touched the ball. Just like NVE, but he just hushed the croud, not flip them the bird.
Old 03-07-2002, 06:56 PM   #4
Joe Joe
Banned

Joe Joe is on a distinguished road

FT you obviouslly didn't watch the game, they cheered for the guy so loud when he was introduced. Please watch the game before making false accusations at a guy. He flipped them off probably because as he was leaving the fans near the tunnel was heckling. They did not boo the guy everytime he touched the ball, that I am sure of!
Joe Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2002, 07:04 PM   #5
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

obviously, some probably booed every time he touched the ball joe joe.

please do not post ignorant posts on this board anymore..it's annoying.

thank you
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2002, 07:04 PM   #6
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

Flying Tiger will become famous soon enoughFlying Tiger will become famous soon enough

Hey...I'm just repeating what I heard on Mike and Mike this moring. I forgot you have some awesome system with 15 TVs so you can watch every game every night even though you're at the AAC every night.
Old 03-07-2002, 07:25 PM   #7
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

listening to mike and mike doesn't necessarily help your case any FT
Old 03-07-2002, 07:29 PM   #8
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

Yeah, but the Ticket doesn't come in well in the morings and every radio station feels the need to have a morning show instead of just playing music.
Old 03-07-2002, 07:33 PM   #9
Murphy3
Guru

it doesn't come in good..?..where do you live?
Old 03-07-2002, 07:35 PM   #10
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

Greenville...50 miles NE of Dallas. It's OK until I get into down town so I just quit listening. Do they have the best morning show?
Old 03-07-2002, 07:40 PM   #11
Murphy3
Guru

yeah..probably, but dunham and miller have slipped a bit..

gordo is still the glue of the show though
Old 03-07-2002, 08:06 PM   #12
grbh
Platinum Member

grbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to all

I am still a huge Dunham and Miller fan. They get some great guests this morning or maybe it was yesterday they even had Seattle Slew on. I was shocked because we all know that since he entered his day as a stud he has shyed away from the press.

http://www.genevaschools.org/austinb...gray/platypus/
grbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2002, 08:39 PM   #13
Joe Joe
Banned

Joe Joe is on a distinguished road

Don't get mad and try to make me feel bad cause you were wrong, the Mavs didn't play last night so I did watch the Suns/Nets game. Murphy3, I do not have time for your insults man, I am here to talk basketball. You can talk about my posts all you want, but I am talking Basketball here!
Joe Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2002, 10:18 PM   #14
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

joe joe- if we want to hear from an A-hole...we will just fart. your drivel is stale, unnecessary and truly unwanted. Go troll ESPN or somewhere else where the rest of mommys little 13 year olds sneak onto mommys computer and type big boy words. bugger off!
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2002, 11:40 PM   #15
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

<< They did not boo the guy everytime he touched the ball, that I am sure of! >>

The folks at ESPN disagree with you JoJo - guess who I'm going to believe?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's the link

Thursday, March 7
Kidd hit with $5,000 fine
ESPN.com news services

New Jersey Nets point guard Jason Kidd was fined $5,000 on Thursday for making an obscene gesture toward fans in Phoenix, the NBA announced.

Kidd made the gesture as he entered the tunnel while heading for the dressing room following Wednesday night's 89-87 loss to the Suns.

Kidd shot just 4-for-18 as the Suns rallied to hand the Nets their fourth consecutive road defeat.

Kidd, booed loudly each time he touched the ball, had 10 points, 10 rebounds and eight assists. He made a 3-pointer on his first shot, but was shot 2-for-15 after the first quarter and 1-for-10 in the second half.

Kidd shrugged off the rude reception after the game.

&quot;I wasn't surprised at all,&quot; he said. &quot;They're trying to help their team win a ballgame. It didn't bother me at all. Hopefully, the fans got their money's worth.&quot;
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2002, 12:08 AM   #16
Rod1975
Golden Member

Rod1975 is on a distinguished road

Kidd won't get MVP by doing that sort of stuff...shooting 3-25 and getting stupid fines.....
Old 03-08-2002, 12:41 AM   #17
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

I seriously doubt that Kidd has a chance at this years MVP....I think it goes to one of the Lakers.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2002, 03:59 AM   #18
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

OMG...

&quot;joe joe- if we want to hear from an A-hole...we will just fart.&quot;

I just pissed my pants...
Old 03-08-2002, 09:38 AM   #19
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

<< Kidd won't get MVP by doing that sort of stuff...shooting 3-25 and getting stupid fines..... >>

Unfortunately Kidd will probably win it or at least come in second. Playing for a New York team means he gets major exposure and the dramatic turnaround in New Jersey will be to his benefit.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2002, 11:18 AM   #20
dallmav

dallmav is on a distinguished road

I dont know where Joe Joe gets his information from, but if he watched the game, he would have heard the boos everytime kid touched the ball. The only time that the crowd was cheering for him, is when he missed a shot, and it was quite often. I really hate to dog someone, but this guy really doesnt have a clue. Unless he is watching from Joe Joe know it all fantasy land.
dallmav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2002, 11:18 AM   #21
Murphy3
Guru

hopefully it's not another screw job where it just goes to an east coast guy because they are on the east coast.

AI didn't deserve it last year..and kidd doesn't deserve it this year
Old 03-08-2002, 11:19 AM   #22
Murphy3
Guru

&quot;i really hate to dog someone&quot;

dallmav, joejoe doesn't count as a &quot;someone&quot;...so don't feel bad