Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-07-2002, 06:57 PM   #1
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

i'm thinking a good time might be the 17th of this month... anyone think it's a good idea?
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-2002, 07:02 PM   #2
Joe Joe
Banned

Joe Joe is on a distinguished road

I would think you would watch a game that the Mavs have a good chance of winning. They have a better chance at winning the game here on the 19th, than the 1 on the 17th IMO. I think it would be a good idea to watch the game on 19th, of course I wouldn't be there cause I will be at the game! I am sure the Mavs could win the game on the 19th, but the game at their place will be a tough 1 to win.
Joe Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2002, 07:09 PM   #3
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

anyone have an opinion on the thread i started?
Old 03-07-2002, 07:17 PM   #4
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

murph - Why did you post two times in a row? That's confusing.
MFFL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2002, 07:19 PM   #5
Murphy3
Guru

i'm sorry, i was trying to pad my posts...you know, if i reach 1000 posts by the end of the week, i win a prize.

anyways...anyone interested in getting together for a mavs party or somesuch...not necessarily a party..just a get together or somesuch
Old 03-07-2002, 07:24 PM   #6
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

Flying Tiger will become famous soon enoughFlying Tiger will become famous soon enough

Not to rain on the parade, but I don't think my parents would be too keen on the idea of me going to something with a group of older guys that I've never met before.
Old 03-07-2002, 07:54 PM   #7
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

Come on, F.T. You don't have to tell your folks about the cocaine and strippers. It will be our little secret. heh heh heh
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2002, 07:55 PM   #8
Murphy3
Guru

no cocaine..i don't want anyone to be offended
Old 03-07-2002, 07:58 PM   #9
grbh
Platinum Member

grbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to all

No Cocaine, then forget it I am out.

http://www.genevaschools.org/austinb...gray/platypus/
grbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2002, 08:33 PM   #10
Joe Joe
Banned

Joe Joe is on a distinguished road

anyone have an actual opinion on Murphs post?
Joe Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2002, 08:48 PM   #11
Murphy3
Guru

you did..
but still doesn't answer your question.
does anyone have an opinion on my post.

the answer is yes..i have had messages sent to me in PM joe joe.. i just thought i'd let you know. just in cas you were wondering about it joe joe
Old 03-07-2002, 09:35 PM   #12
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

My opinion is: I think it seems like a good idea. I'd try to show up if a big enough group got together.
Old 03-07-2002, 10:15 PM   #13
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

with enough notice, I might drive up from Waco
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2002, 10:22 PM   #14
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately I'm going out of town for a trade show starting Monday the 18th so I won't be able to make it. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
MFFL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2002, 10:27 PM   #15
madape
Diamond Member

Thats too bad MFFL. Maybe we can do it later on when you are available.
Old 03-07-2002, 10:28 PM   #16
Drbio
Banned

I wasjust trying to read through all of the fluff in that last post. It seems that madape may not like Terdema Usery.

LOL
Old 03-07-2002, 10:29 PM   #17
Drbio
Banned

cruel timing on the edit madape.
Old 03-07-2002, 10:36 PM   #18
madape
Diamond Member

I meant to post that in the Mavs-Raptors forum. My hatred of Terdima Usser is not appropriate for the "Mavs watching party" thread.
Old 03-07-2002, 10:36 PM   #19
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

I might make it on the 17th!! A watch party would be cool. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Don't see that I can be in Dallas on the 19th. Anyone have a thought on the location?
Old 03-07-2002, 10:44 PM   #20
Drbio
Banned

How about Humperdinks? Fridays?
Old 03-07-2002, 10:46 PM   #21
Murphy3
Guru

we could do something like that or somesuch
...it's good to know that the idea is finally taking off a bit
Old 03-07-2002, 10:47 PM   #22
madape
Diamond Member

It would be cooler if we could watch a Mav game. The Mavs only play one more game on a Friday this year (Mar. 29)
Old 03-07-2002, 10:51 PM   #23
Murphy3
Guru

i think they play the lakers on the 17th, don't they?
Old 03-07-2002, 10:55 PM   #24
madape
Diamond Member

Yep. Lakers game - in L.A. Sunday.
Old 03-07-2002, 11:42 PM   #25
Rod1975
Golden Member

Rod1975 is on a distinguished road

Fox and Hound may be a suitable venue as well [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-07-2002, 11:52 PM   #26
Murphy3
Guru

never been there...might be worth checking out though..good idea rod
Old 03-08-2002, 12:46 AM   #27
Kat

Kat is on a distinguished road

Fox & Hound is a Mav's friendly site. They always (at least in N.Dallas) show the games on the big screen(with sound). Carson's in N.Dallas is a great place but I doubt they'll do the audio.

Not many Mav's friendly places, even in the big D, hard to believe, but true. Maybe 'Cubes' will do a locale for the last few regular season games.
Old 03-08-2002, 03:13 AM   #28
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

I'm totally down for this idea. UNLESS I have to work, but since it's on the West coast I might can still make it down by 9 pm. Maybe we should call and let the bar/restaraunt know we're coming. Let them know it's the official dallas-mavs.com watchparty. Maybe they'd hook us up for bringing a lot of business in? I mean, they can't get TOO much of a crowd on a Sunday, right?

By the way, since this way my idea to begin with, we can call it ocelot's gathering of mavs freaks...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 03-08-2002, 03:20 AM   #29
Murphy3
Guru

we could, but i'm afraid you simply don't carry enough weight on this board to deserve such an honor.

for now, we'll call it's Murph's Mavs Freaks
Old 03-08-2002, 03:22 AM   #30
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

Well, that Americus guy didn't carry much weight over in the new found land, but we still named the country after him... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-08-2002, 03:26 AM   #31
Murphy3
Guru

i believe that we came up with america simply out of shock value.. a precursor to the ticket.

besides, i'm just giving you a hard time...
Old 03-08-2002, 03:27 AM   #32
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

I know Murph...I actually laugh out loud to about 90% of the stuff you say...

Hell, I'm suprised I was able to come up with a SOMEWHAT clever comeback...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
Old 03-08-2002, 03:29 AM   #33
Murphy3
Guru

it was pretty good...i had no choice but to divert the subject in a slightly different direction because of your comeback.

however, this could be the first annual dallas-mavs.com watching party or somesuch.

and you can buy the first round of beers
Old 03-08-2002, 03:55 AM   #34
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

Nah, you should all buy my drinks. To pay homage <sp?> to my greatness...

I DO like the idea of making this an annual, or MONTHLY, type thing. Heck, I think it'd be cool for some of the non locals to all chip in and buy season tickets. Then we could divy them up among us and have a contest or something over the playoff tickets.
Old 03-08-2002, 06:04 AM   #35
Rod1975
Golden Member

Rod1975 is on a distinguished road

Actually his name was Amerigo Vespucci (an italian cartographer)

And I'm down for this idea too [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-08-2002, 11:11 AM   #36
Murphy3
Guru

well, we have a few days to get it all together...
we need to start getting an idea of who's in and who's not in
Old 03-08-2002, 11:32 AM   #37
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

yeah, i'd be down for this, if i didn't live in nashville... and i was all set for a good face-punchin' too. maybe some other time, murph. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-08-2002, 12:17 PM   #38
seelenjaeger
Diamond Member

seelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to all

count me in mentally ... i dont think i can make it to dallas though ... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

maybe some munich bballers might join me over here, so we can have a 2 area session!
Old 03-08-2002, 12:42 PM   #39
Murphy3
Guru

if you think you're man enough..bbl