Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 09-26-2005, 06:28 PM   #1
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Larry Ayuso coming to Maverick pre-season team

Stolen from stauburn99 on DB.com link

Quote:
The Dallas Mavericks have extended an invitation to Sharp shooting guard Larry Ayuso (190-G-6'3", agency: Edge Sports, college: USC) and he will be going to Dallas on Friday and will participate in some pre-season games the Mavericks will be holding next week. According to Giddel Padilla of Next Level Sports who represents Larry, Dallas not only invited Ayuso to these games but assured him that if they like what they see, he will be awarded a 1 year guaranteed contract when he goes on to play at the veterans camp. This is very interesting since players are not usually guaranteed anything prior to making the team. Larry is hopeful and is presently training on his own to keep in shape and promises that he will do everything he can possible do to make it with the Mavericks. We obviously wish him the best.

www.latinbasket.com/pur/pur.asp
Quote:
Originally posted by: stauburn99
Scouting Report on him says
Pros
-Unlimited 3 range
-Very quick and strong
-Great defender in the NCAA, FIBA, and every league he's been, has very good tools as a perimeter defender or one on one defender, very tough
-atheletic
-good scoring abilty

Cons
-Very undersized at 6"3 205
-Has no point guard skills
-Can be a streaky shooter at times
-limited potential
I like the idea of having backups that play similarly to the starter (ie Dirk and KVH), and I like the idea of a defensive-minded, sharpshooting PG, but honestly we have 3 PGs already under contract and an older rookie? Does anyone else think that the article is maybe a little iffy?

I'm not exactly sure what this means, though. In order to acquire a 1 year contract the Mavs would have to dump another contract. If the rules haven't changed, he could easily play during the pre-season because we can have more spots than regular-season players (correct?) but where would we find another regular season roster spot? After TAW, I can only think of Armstrong, Powell, Marshall, M'Benga and P-Pod. Everyone there was either just signed or is here under a rookie contract with hopes of blossoming into an NBA player.

If we are sure tha Podkolzine isnt panning out, we might drop him, or
there is a chance that Armstrong may become part of the coaching staff
or Powell looks terrible against NBA competition and shows no promise
but realistically I just can't see it happening.

Anywho, its SOME news I guess even if it is insignficant
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-26-2005, 07:15 PM   #2
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Larry Ayuso coming to Maverick pre-season team

"unlimited 3 range"

Exactly what we need. Good move by the team. Go Mavs.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 07:23 PM   #3
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Larry Ayuso coming to Maverick pre-season team

Quote:
Did I miss something? We are signing him to play point? Is that an assumption EL?
Old 09-26-2005, 07:33 PM   #4
MrCheerios

MrCheerios is on a distinguished road

He's a body to practice on in training camp. That's all. It happens all the time. The pg's we have on this team are much better than him and have experience. We're not cutting somebody just to get a 4th/maybe3rd string pg.
MrCheerios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 08:45 PM   #5
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

The whole thing sounds a little fishy.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 09:36 PM   #6
birdsanctuary
Platinum Member

birdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to all

Ditto[img]i/expressions/beer.gif[/img]
Old 09-26-2005, 10:24 PM   #7
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: u2sarajevo
Quote:
Did I miss something? We are signing him to play point? Is that an assumption EL?
I think its a true longshot, especially since we have no roster spots but iff we were unhappy with someone or were going to make a trade, and iff "they {the Mav's management} like what they see" then he would probably be playing the 1 position along with Christie at the 2 like AI and Snow. I see this as an AJ acquisition because he has been known for his defense as much as his shooting (although he's mostly a physical point which might not translate), and if its an AJ move, I really can't see AJ playing a 6'3" player at the 2 spot for any significant period of time.

Really I just was bored and wanted to post something and thought this was interesting. He'll probably be a Derek Hood type player if he actually makes it here. I just thought that line about getting a 1 year contract was fishy.
Old 09-26-2005, 10:57 PM   #8
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Is that T-mac and AI?

anyways, the update takes a few steps back in its claims

Quote:
Larry Ayuso 's (190-G-77, agency: Edge Sports, college: USC) agent informed this correspondent that Larry's invitation to camp next week does not bring a guaranteed contract as was indicated in the local press this week. The agent clarified that Larry has been invited informally to the Mavericks camp to be evaluated for the vet camp. If Dallas likes what it sees, he understands that Dallas will make a strong effort to sign Larry. Edge Sport indicated that there have not been any conversations about a full guarantee and that expressions from Giddell Padilla of Next Level may have been taken out of content.
I do like the idea of bringing in hard-nosed players from the Americas. As far as spares go, I would prefer a hard-nosed 28 year old shooter that can defend to a 30-something sissy french shooter.
Old 09-27-2005, 08:36 AM   #9
Joey

Joey will become famous soon enoughJoey will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally posted by: EricaLubarsky

Is that T-mac and AI?

anyways, the update takes a few steps back in its claims

Quote:
Larry Ayuso 's (190-G-77, agency: Edge Sports, college: USC) agent informed this correspondent that Larry's invitation to camp next week does not bring a guaranteed contract as was indicated in the local press this week. The agent clarified that Larry has been invited informally to the Mavericks camp to be evaluated for the vet camp. If Dallas likes what it sees, he understands that Dallas will make a strong effort to sign Larry. Edge Sport indicated that there have not been any conversations about a full guarantee and that expressions from Giddell Padilla of Next Level may have been taken out of content.
I do like the idea of bringing in hard-nosed players from the Americas. As far as spares go, I would prefer a hard-nosed 28 year old shooter that can defend to a 30-something sissy french shooter.

Until you said Shooter, I thought you were saying he guarded the 30-something French Sissy Antoine Rigedeau!
There's a time when a man needs to fight, and a time when he needs to accept that his destiny is lost, that his ship has sailed and that only a fool would continue. The truth is, I've always been a fool. ~Big Fish
Joey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 09:53 AM   #10
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Surprisingly I kinda like seeing that he has limited potential though. We have enough "potentials" on our squad. Hopefully that means that he already has his strengths and is ready to contribute them immediately. Otherwise, he doesn't have a chance to make the roster.

Old 09-27-2005, 02:56 PM   #11
Poindexter Einstein
Golden Member

Poindexter Einstein will become famous soon enough

This player sounds like training camp fodder, at best. This report sounds like hype by an agent, trumpeting an invite to training camp. Not much more here, as I see it.
Poindexter Einstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 04:55 PM   #12
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

its good to have PE back...

who is this scrub?

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 10:52 PM   #13
V
Golden Member

V has a spectacular aura aboutV has a spectacular aura about

If you check out his resume online he lists Bill Walton, Micheal Cooper, Lute Olsen, and others as references... And he lists their phone numbers in case you want to check them out. Go here: http://www.larryayuso.us/

Why don't one of you give ole Bill Walton a call and see what he thinks of this kid?

"If there's no more questions, I've got a beer that needs consuming."
-- Don Nelson
V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 10:55 PM   #14
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Thats hilarious, V.
Old 09-28-2005, 09:34 AM   #15
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: V
If you check out his resume online he lists Bill Walton, Micheal Cooper, Lute Olsen, and others as references... And he lists their phone numbers in case you want to check them out. Go here: http://www.larryayuso.us/

Why don't one of you give ole Bill Walton a call and see what he thinks of this kid?
Naw, if you gave Bill Walton a call, he would somehow manage to bridge the question to the greatness of Tim Duncan....and then young Bill's Portland days...and then off to nowhere where nothing of any relevance is found.

Old 09-28-2005, 02:26 PM   #16
Sefus

Sefus is on a distinguished road

I'm just pleased he listed Dave Bliss as a reference.
Old 09-28-2005, 06:02 PM   #17
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: DevinHarriswillstart

Naw, if you gave Bill Walton a call, he would somehow manage to bridge the question to the greatness of Tim Duncan....and then young Bill's Portland days...and then off to nowhere where nothing of any relevance is found.
Got a real good laugh out of that one. Good stuff...
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote