Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 10-18-2005, 11:34 AM   #1
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of
Default Mavs vs. Detroit - Mavs on TV Again

Mavs on channel 754 Directv tonight.
Bookit is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-18-2005, 12:08 PM   #2
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough
Default RE:Mavs vs. Detroit - Mavs on TV Again

Will it be on Comcast or just Directv?

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 12:09 PM   #3
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Mavs vs. Detroit - Mavs on TV Again

I'm sure just Directv. It wasn't on comcast last time.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 12:20 PM   #4
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Dishnetwork will also carry it.
Old 10-18-2005, 12:21 PM   #5
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Damn that's trash. I just got rid of Dish Network to acquire Comcast. Oh well. I guess i'll just have to wait until the season starts to see the new Mavs.

1996-2005
Old 10-18-2005, 01:24 PM   #6
GermanBlitzkrieg

GermanBlitzkrieg has a spectacular aura aboutGermanBlitzkrieg has a spectacular aura aboutGermanBlitzkrieg has a spectacular aura about

What channel is it going to be on Dish? Is it free?
Old 10-18-2005, 01:56 PM   #7
foglemann
Golden Member

foglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to behold

564 on the dish network. It starts at 6:30.
foglemann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 03:06 PM   #8
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: foglemann
You have to have League Pass though, right?
Old 10-18-2005, 03:57 PM   #9
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally posted by: Windmill360°
Quote:
Originally posted by: foglemann
You have to have League Pass though, right?
That is a good question. I have League Pass and the sports package so I know it will be on Directv. Let us know if you can view the game without League Pass.

Old 10-18-2005, 04:03 PM   #10
foglemann
Golden Member

foglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to behold

on the channel information, it says 'free preview'. So I'm guessing that you can watch the preseason free, without buying League Pass. Also, from what I remember, the first week of games are also 'free preview' from League Pass. I've had it the past two years, but remember buying it during the 'free preview' time period two years ago. I didn't buy it this year.

I'm hoping I can catch the game, so I'll also let everyone know what's up.
Old 10-18-2005, 04:35 PM   #11
jh05dn41jt31

jh05dn41jt31 is on a distinguished road

i have directv, but i dont have league pass, yet i saw the game on the NBA TV network channels for free, so i think it is a free preview for the preseason only(not 100% sure though).

GO MAVS!!!
jh05dn41jt31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 04:36 PM   #12
jh05dn41jt31

i have directv, but i dont have league pass, yet i saw the game on the NBA TV network channels for free, so i think it is a free preview for the preseason only(not 100% sure though).

GO MAVS!!!
Old 10-18-2005, 04:37 PM   #13
jh05dn41jt31

GO MAVS!!!
Old 10-18-2005, 04:37 PM   #14
jh05dn41jt31

GO MAVS!!!
Old 10-18-2005, 04:37 PM   #15
basketball jonessss

basketball jonessss is on a distinguished road

It's free at 6:30
Old 10-18-2005, 04:38 PM   #16
jh05dn41jt31

GO MAVS!!!
Old 10-18-2005, 04:38 PM   #17
jh05dn41jt31

GO MAVS!!!
Old 10-18-2005, 04:44 PM   #18
jh05dn41jt31

my bad for the multiple identical posts( unless it all got edited to disappear) (sorry!!)

GO MAVS!!!
Old 10-18-2005, 04:44 PM   #19
jh05dn41jt31

my bad for the multiple identical posts( unless it all got edited to disappear) (sorry!!)

GO MAVS!!!
Old 10-18-2005, 06:57 PM   #20
foglemann
Golden Member

since I don't see a gameday thead, here ya go:

Both teams started off slow. Horrible shooting. Dirk really hasn't set up on the block just yet. The true starting lineup of the year started for each team.

Damp hasn't looked good at all.
Old 10-18-2005, 07:00 PM   #21
MrCheerios

MrCheerios is on a distinguished road

Josh just made a three!!!!!!
MrCheerios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 07:11 PM   #22
MaverickFFL2

MaverickFFL2 can only hope to improve

this message board is messed up (technically)
MaverickFFL2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 07:14 PM   #23
foglemann
Golden Member

Devin looking great out there, real aggressive

Interesting sub. Marquis was the first off the bench, for Terry

Second unit is working nice, Rawle looking fast.

I am now a Diop lover, he's looking awsome, his wingspan must be 10 ft. long
Old 10-18-2005, 07:27 PM   #24
Bookit
Diamond Member

Damn, Damp is getting abused by Wallace in every way. Damp actually tried to back Ben down to the hoop. LOL.
Old 10-18-2005, 07:34 PM   #25
Bookit
Diamond Member

Damp might have the worst hands in the NBA. He can't make a tip in to save his life. Overall good half so far with lot of effort on both teams. You get the feeling that Avery is trying to get his rotation set and wants to win.
Old 10-18-2005, 07:36 PM   #26
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Diop needs to get minutes with the first team in the second half.

If Dampier can't finish an easy tip in should it really count as a rebound?

Pershaps in Dallas, that is what Dallas scorers should do. Any "tips" that miss from him do not count as rebounds. It looks like he's having a decent game with 6 boards. But he's had 3 offensive rebounds at point blank range and can't make the shot.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 07:37 PM   #27
HexNBA
Golden Member

HexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to all

Off topic but damn the Knicks are getting trashed by the Sixers
Old 10-18-2005, 07:45 PM   #28
Bookit
Diamond Member

Agree that Diop should get some time with the starters. At least he has some athletic ability. Damp makes too many dumb plays and can't compete with the good centers in the league. Avery should give Diop a shot, at least until he fouls out anyway.
Old 10-18-2005, 07:48 PM   #29
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

The game is on comcast too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 07:51 PM   #30
MrCheerios

MrCheerios is on a distinguished road

I was going to comment some more on the game, but it's like pulling teeth with these forum problems. When these issues are fixed someone should let the rest of us know. My last post for now. Peace out.
MrCheerios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 08:02 PM   #31
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Well, perhaps the administrator could tell us what is wrong with the forums.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 08:44 PM   #32
Bookit
Diamond Member

Our scrubs aren't very good. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]
Old 10-18-2005, 08:59 PM   #33
MaverickFFL2

MaverickFFL2 can only hope to improve

Well I guess if scrubs were good they wouldn't be called "scrubs", right?
MaverickFFL2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 09:16 PM   #34
Bookit
Diamond Member

I guess but why is every other team's scrubs better than ours?
Old 10-18-2005, 09:42 PM   #35
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

because we suck and we arent even going to make the playoffs! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 09:57 PM   #36
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Here's a video of Darko dunking on Diop.

Apparently the video of Diop dunking on Darko is still in the pre-production stages.

Darko vs. Diop

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 02:21 AM   #37
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: FreshJive
The game is on comcast too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks for the heads up Fresh. I'm just 5 hours too late lol.

1996-2005
Old 10-19-2005, 04:25 AM   #38
kriD
Platinum Member

kriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to all

Pistons give Dirk trouble

By EDDIE SEFKO / The Dallas Morning News

AUBURN HILLS, Mich. – The raves were plentiful for Devin Harris and Marquis Daniels on Tuesday night.

Not so much for Dirk Nowitzki, who picked the wrong team to work on his post moves against.

Harris had his best day of the preseason with 20 points, including two free throws with 12.4 seconds left as the Mavericks nicked the Detroit Pistons, 94-88, to run their preseason record to 3-1.

Daniels, meanwhile, continues to dazzle. He did everything well with 10 points, seven rebounds, three assists, three steals and only one turnover.

And then there's Nowitzki. It's hard – and dangerous – to critique a perennial all-star in the preseason, but he's wrestling with an assortment of post-up moves and so far, the post-up moves have him in a headlock. He tried to work the paint against Rasheed Wallace and was largely unsuccessful.

"We have to use him in the post more," coach Avery Johnson said. "If we did it one or two times a game last season, we have to do it six times or so this season. Then he'll be ready when he's got a smaller defender. So why not post him up against [power forwards]?"

Nowitzki had four or five possessions in the first half when he either penetrated into the paint or posted up on Wallace.

"All I can do is keep working at it," Nowitzki said. "We have to get points in the paint and fewer jump shots. That's what Avery wants. It doesn't really matter if it's penetration or posting up. But Detroit has three or four big boys in there."

Bradley retirement official: Shawn Bradley's retirement became official Tuesday when paperwork was sent to the league office and Bradley was waived.

The 7-6 veteran of 12 NBA seasons agreed to a buyout of the final two years of his contract months ago.

"This gives him a chance to pursue a lot of things that he's really passionate about, like working in the church and spending time with his family," Johnson said.

Bradley had two years left on his contract at $4.8 million this season and $5.2 million next season. That will be paid out over several years. There is a chance Bradley will remain with the team in some capacity.

Spicing it up: Coach Avery Johnson livened up Tuesday morning's shootaround when he put seven $100 bills at center court. Seven players were at each end shooting from the top of the key, and the first team to win two games would get the loot.

When the team led by Keith Van Horn, Jason Terry and Darrell Armstrong swept the first two games, Armstrong ran to center court and started rolling around in the cash.

Then Johnson called the coaching staff together and said they would go double-or-nothing against the winning team. So Rolando Blackman, Brad Davis, Johnson and several other assistants proceeded to get pummeled by the winning team.

The reason they lost?

"I didn't make the cut," said Del Harris. "Clearly, Avery didn't do his homework and check out what kind of shooter I was in college."

Border patrol: It was an interesting trip from Toronto to Detroit for center DeSagana Diop and assistant general manager Keith Grant. They were in Canada to renew Diop's work visa and when their flight to Detroit was canceled, they decided to drive. It was an uneventful four-hour trip until they got to the U.S. border.

"I never had to cross the border in a car before," Grant said. "They looked at me in the driver's seat, then saw DeSagana sprawled out in the front and back seat.

"There were questions asked."

After Diop's Senegalese passport was verified, the pair were allowed to pass into the U.S.
kriD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 05:07 AM   #39
HexNBA
Golden Member

HexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to all

Quote:
"I never had to cross the border in a car before," Grant said. "They looked at me in the driver's seat, then saw DeSagana sprawled out in the front and back seat.

"There were questions asked."
That's good stuff
Old 10-19-2005, 06:03 AM   #40
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: kriD
And then there's Nowitzki. It's hard – and dangerous – to critique a perennial all-star in the preseason, but he's wrestling with an assortment of post-up moves and so far, the post-up moves have him in a headlock. He tried to work the paint against Rasheed Wallace and was largely unsuccessful.

"We have to use him in the post more," coach Avery Johnson said. "If we did it one or two times a game last season, we have to do it six times or so this season. Then he'll be ready when he's got a smaller defender. So why not post him up against [power forwards]?"

Nowitzki had four or five possessions in the first half when he either penetrated into the paint or posted up on Wallace.

"All I can do is keep working at it," Nowitzki said. "We have to get points in the paint and fewer jump shots. That's what Avery wants. It doesn't really matter if it's penetration or posting up. But Detroit has three or four big boys in there."
This concerns me a little. I'm all for Dirk working on his post game so he won't have trouble with smaller defenders, but I really hope AJ understands that Dirk is practically unstoppable on the perimeter when being guarded by PF's. I suppose that's probably the best possible way he could work on his game; against a guy like Rasheed. Still, I just hope AJ's not so stubborn as to not let Dirk shoot his jumpers when he's being guarded by a Duncan or a Garnett during the regular season and especially the playoffs.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote