Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 10-26-2005, 01:10 PM   #1
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute
Default Big Trade???

Quote:
The Bucks have agreed to trade swingman Desmond Mason, it's 2006 first-round pick and cash to the Hornets for center Jamaal Magloire, according to ESPN. The trade will be announced later today and it gives the Bucks the physical post presence they felt they lacked.
anyone care???

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-26-2005, 01:26 PM   #2
endtroducing
Golden Member

endtroducing is on a distinguished road
Default RE:Big Trade???

Andrew Bogut probably does
Old 10-26-2005, 01:46 PM   #3
DelNegro

DelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to all

Nice pickup for the Bucks, necessary move for the Hornets. Magloire wanted out and Mason became expendable once the bucks got simmons.
DelNegro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 01:47 PM   #4
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Big Trade???

At least they have a starting place now. Magloire and Bogut might be the beginning of good things for them. They have the shooter in Redd. If TJ comes on they could be a sleeper for the playoffs.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 01:59 PM   #5
dirk2003

dirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to all

Good trade. Bucks look great!
Old 10-26-2005, 02:07 PM   #6
poohrichardson

poohrichardson is on a distinguished road

I agree.. the Bucks SHOULD make the playoffs this year or next.. I'd be very surprised if they didn't.

The Hornets... well, at least they have a sure-fire fantasy stud this year..
poohrichardson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 02:39 PM   #7
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, this was a great deal for them, but now they have Magloire, Bogut AND Gadzuric???

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 02:43 PM   #8
poohrichardson

Quote:
Originally posted by: jthig32
Ok, this was a great deal for them, but now they have Magloire, Bogut AND Gadzuric???
Magloire and Bogut to start, and Gadzuric to spell them both off of the bench.. sounds like they have their 4 and 5 locked up for the foreseeable future..
Old 10-26-2005, 02:46 PM   #9
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Well who plays forward in that scenaioro? Bogut? Who on earth guards athletic PF's like O'Neal and Rasheed Wallace.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 03:02 PM   #10
poohrichardson

Quote:
Originally posted by: jthig32
Well who plays forward in that scenaioro? Bogut? Who on earth guards athletic PF's like O'Neal and Rasheed Wallace.
Few players in the league can.. I see Bogut starting at the 4, for what it's worth..
Old 10-26-2005, 03:31 PM   #11
MrCheerios

MrCheerios is on a distinguished road

Did Joe Smith completely fall off the face of the earth? He won't be gone forever, will he?
MrCheerios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 04:23 PM   #12
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Des-mace might actually play a whole season.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 04:33 PM   #13
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Great trade for my fantasy team. Outside of 3s i see Mase putting up number similar to what fin did early on in dallas. 20-5-4 is very possible.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 04:43 PM   #14
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

They had to do the trade since Bogut was matched by Diop last night. I don't care if it is preseason, if the number one pick is being matched by a supposed "scrub" its time to get another center for the time being. I was yelling Bogut sucks quite a bit last night [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img].

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 01:20 AM   #15
OzMavs
Platinum Member

OzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally posted by: DevinHarriswillstart
They had to do the trade since Bogut was matched by Diop last night. I don't care if it is preseason, if the number one pick is being matched by a supposed "scrub" its time to get another center for the time being. I was yelling Bogut sucks quite a bit last night [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img].
Give the guy time, I believe Bogut is going to be a good player, but he is going to need a season or two to develop into something. At every level he has played, he has been able to step up to near the best after a season or two.

I'll buy you a drink: HERE

NOW WITH FREE REP WITH EVERY DRINK!!
OzMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 12:20 PM   #16
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

So Bogut is a 4 now? It deepens the Bucks starting lineup but not sure how Bogut will do facin' the Dirk's and Jermaine O'Neals of the league. And they just better hope the Suns have mercy on them when they come to town.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 01:37 PM   #17
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Bogut is and looks like a center. He has no outside game so I dunno why they would switch him to a 4. He isn't mobile or athletic so no I can't see him guardnig 4's in this league. We'll see I guess.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 03:40 PM   #18
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

The Bucks will most likely start Gadzurac at the 4 and Magloire at the 5 while bringing Bogut off the bench to spell whoever needs out first.

At this point, the Bucks are competing for a playoff spot and will need experience on the court for the majority of the time. Magloire and Gadzurac give them exactly that. This also allows Bogut to ease into his role as opposed to throwing it all on his shoulder at once.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 03:43 PM   #19
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally posted by: Five-ofan
Great trade for my fantasy team. Outside of 3s i see Mase putting up number similar to what fin did early on in dallas. 20-5-4 is very possible.
In regards to fantasy, this also should up the production of T.J. Ford in the assists category and could possibly free up Simmons and especially Redd for more open 3's. Look for all of their stock to increase.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 11:57 PM   #20
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Bogut = bust

Darko > Bogut

yeah I said it

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 01:57 AM   #21
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

I also have TJ. My team is LOADED.
Miller
Carter
Jaric
Crawford
Peja
AK
E Jones
D Howard
Sheed
Krstic
G wallace
TJ

bench includes mason and he will go to utility once howard gets c eligibility.
Mcdyess and D Johnson
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 11:16 AM   #22
Speedy

Speedy is a jewel in the roughSpeedy is a jewel in the roughSpeedy is a jewel in the roughSpeedy is a jewel in the roughSpeedy is a jewel in the rough

Good trade, player for player. But is Magloire a Desmond Mason and a 1st round pick upgrade over Pachulia?
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 01:08 PM   #23
dirk2003

dirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to all

dwight howard is getting center eligibilty?
Old 11-03-2005, 06:17 AM   #24
OzMavs
Platinum Member

OzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally posted by: alby
Bogut = bust

Darko > Bogut

yeah I said it
I have bookmarked this thread. Bogut, in 2 games has already surpassed Darko:
v. Philadelphia 13pts, 9rb, 3bks
v. NJ 10pts, 17rb , 4 assists

I know its early, but its obvious the kid can play.

Old 11-03-2005, 06:37 AM   #25
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: OzMavs
Quote:
Bogut = bust

Darko > Bogut

yeah I said it
I have bookmarked this thread. Bogut, in 2 games has already surpassed Darko:
v. Philadelphia 13pts, 9rb, 3bks
v. NJ 10pts, 17rb , 4 assists

I know its early, but its obvious the kid can play.
Keep in mind that Bogut is MUCH more experienced than Darko. Darko's only 20, and has barely played at all. I disagree with Alby about Bogut being a bust, but I think in a year or two, Darko will have surpassed him. Darko has tremendous talent and I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him become a franchise player by the time he's 24.
Thespiralgoeson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 11:32 AM   #26
HexNBA
Golden Member

HexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to all

Quote:
Darko's only 20
Thing is though, despite several years of college and international play, Bogut is only 21 years old himself. He too has massive room for growth.
Old 11-03-2005, 06:22 PM   #27
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Before you give me statistics, can you give me minutes as well? thanks man.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2005, 07:13 AM   #28
OzMavs
Platinum Member

Quote:
Before you give me statistics, can you give me minutes as well? thanks man.
No worries. Also, Bogut turns 21 on 11/28, so he is still 20, but I do agree, he has had a heap more experience at a higher level than Darko.

Old 11-05-2005, 07:21 AM   #29
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: HexNBA
Quote:
Darko's only 20
Thing is though, despite several years of college and international play, Bogut is only 21 years old himself. He too has massive room for growth.
Again, never said Bogut was a bust, only that I think Darko will surpass him. Actually, Bogut's my pick for ROY.
Thespiralgoeson is online now   Reply With Quote