Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 01-18-2006, 11:44 AM   #1
snoop

snoop is a jewel in the roughsnoop is a jewel in the roughsnoop is a jewel in the rough
Default who will the cowboys draft?

just wanted opions on who people think the boys wil get with the 18th pick.

I hope it is Marcus Mcneil out of auburn 6'9 338 tackle.
Old 01-18-2006, 12:40 PM   #2
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

O Line help or if a dynomite WR is sitting there....

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 01:00 PM   #3
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

Yeah, this probably couldn't have gone in the Cowboys Off-Season thread.

SaltwaterChaffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 12:40 AM   #4
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltwaterChaffy
Yeah, this probably couldn't have gone in the Cowboys Off-Season thread.
just a bit early perhaps...but it will be justified later...

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 01-19-2006, 09:02 AM   #5
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Stud ILB with size and speed. Not sure if their is one out there, as I don't really keep up with College that well, but that is the most dire need for the Cowboys IMO. Followed by OL, WR, and FS.

Another immovable NT built for the 3-4 would probably be a good pickup as well. LaRoy needs to move outside.
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 10:48 AM   #6
snoop

snoop is a jewel in the roughsnoop is a jewel in the roughsnoop is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202
Stud ILB with size and speed. Not sure if their is one out there, as I don't really keep up with College that well, but that is the most dire need for the Cowboys IMO. Followed by OL, WR, and FS.

Another immovable NT built for the 3-4 would probably be a good pickup as well. LaRoy needs to move outside.
there is abdul hodge out of iwoa that fits that but would you really think ilb is a more pressing need than OT or FS
Old 01-19-2006, 05:06 PM   #7
Dropstep

Dropstep will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202

J.F. is our nose tackle, and I'm pretty sure LaRoy will be cut for cap reasons considering his diminished role in the 3-4.
Old 01-20-2006, 12:19 PM   #8
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
there is abdul hodge out of iwoa that fits that but would you really think ilb is a more pressing need than OT or FS
At OT if Flozell is coming back, Tucker will still be a backup, and Petite won't be a rookie, and will be in the weight room all year.....Yes they need one, but I'm thinking 2nd or 3rd round. At FS, unless Huff is available I am thinking free agent.

ILB though, who you gonna get that understands how to slip blocks by guards and meet RB's in the backfield. Shanle and Fowler spent too much time 3-5 yards downfield, and were picked off by guards way too often. It took Ngyen two years to learn it, and he had been doing it at A&M already. They need a stud, and while Brady is a very good weakside LB, I don't think he is the stud strong side LB. Burnett might be able to be, but he is just too injury prone right now. Ware/Thorton/Fujita works for me on the outside, but inside you have James and ? ? ?.. I am not sure the rest have proven enough to even be good backups yet.

Quote:
J.F. is our nose tackle, and I'm pretty sure LaRoy will be cut for cap reasons considering his diminished role in the 3-4.
True, but Ellis and Glover at DE with Spears and Canty is a strong DL rotation -- as long as they can find another run stuffing pile pusher that can keep JF fresh.

I really think Bill messed up with the D this year. He really had the pieces to make an awesome 4-3 and they got lit up when the LB talent base failed with injury. Now, if they will draft 2-3 really solid LB's and keep the existing DL only adding another NT, then they can be really solid up front on D.
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 04:09 PM   #9
Dropstep

Ellis/Glover : Glover is wayyy to expensive on the cap to be backing up any 1 on the D line, and i bet he gets cut to open up a little over 4 million in cap room. It sucks because he is one of the best 4-3 D linemen in the game, but he is one very expensive odd man out. Ellis and Canty both did very well, and Canty is much cheaper than Glover. J.F. is by far a superior NT in the 3-4 than the undersized Glover... Dont forget that Singleton our biggest strongest LB (bill likes them like that) was injured most of the year last year as well. We took 2 huge losses in our LB core, and Dat will be hard to replace in a cost effecient manner. I really am all for trading down if Huff is not there.....

Mel Keiper: He has us taking Williams a DB at 18... DB is one of the positions we have great depth at already > <.

We need:

Tackle: 1 proven guy or a highly projectable rookie
LB: 2
SS/FS: 1 (Williams is a much better FS)
QB: 1 true backup
OG: 1
NT: 1
WR: 1 young guy who has upside

That is 8 holes, 7 if we don't want to backup Drew (and with a better O-line we might be able to get away with that 1 more year). We have 7 draft picks, If we trade our number 18 pick For a second and 2 mid rounders I would feel much more comfortable filling the holes we have in reasonable and cap friendly manner. The sad fact is good tackles only come cheap in the draft, and we only have just under 3 million in cap room before player cuts...which is another reason I see LaRoy being cut, because his contract would allow us to free up another 4 million under the cap and he is nothing more than an extremely over qualified back-up who is unhappy with his playing time.
Old 01-20-2006, 04:13 PM   #10
Dropstep

Actually if we draft or sign a SS and 1 LB... I have no problem with drafting all O/D linemen
Old 01-20-2006, 04:56 PM   #11
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

I have no clue how Jonathon scott is not being projected in the first round. I know this is partially my UT homerdom but I will say this, I am about 85% certain he will be better than ferguson. I would have no problem with scott or huff in the first. Ellis is gone too. This was one of my problems with the 3 4 this year and my general hatred of bill parcells. I have said before I dont think i am smarter than him as far as football so dont take it as me saying that but imo it is really really stupid to go to a defense that sucks for your 2 best players on D and then have the nerve to say well anyone that can play can play in any system. If that is the case why the need for the switch? I also think that his love for the 3 4 caused the cowboys to take ware over Dj which will prove to be a mistake. Ware will be a stud too though so it doesnt bother me as much as it did then.

BTW will do a Greg Ellis appreciation thread when he gets cut? I for one will be extremely sad to see him go. He took alot of grief for not being moss but he was a very very solid player for his whole career here. HE was also a class individual. Those are the type of guys i love to have on my team.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 01:40 AM   #12
mavs413
Golden Member

mavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan
I have no clue how Jonathon scott is not being projected in the first round. I know this is partially my UT homerdom...
Im not a Texas homer and I see Scott going as high as 9th to Detroit or as low as 25th to the Giants, he wont drop out of the 1st round.
mavs413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 09:17 PM   #13
snoop

Quote:
I have no clue how Jonathon scott is not being projected in the first round.
I've seen scott in first round projections but I really like mcneil better if hes there at 18.
As far as huff goes if hes there at 18 and mcneils goe I take him he will be a great player
Old 01-21-2006, 10:59 PM   #14
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Scott is the most athletic of the tackles. I think he will wow some scouts when he runs the 40 if he goes to the combine or pro day at ut either one. BTW if lendale white is there at 18 we have no need for a rb but i would be tempted to take him anyway. IMO his best comparison is Larry Johnson as far as NFL backs go though johnson is faster. The chiefs didnt need a rb but took him because they had him as the best player. They now have arguably the best rb in the nfl because of it. Huff compliments Williams (who should be a linebacker) well the same way woody did because he can cover receivers like woody could.
Old 01-26-2006, 12:50 AM   #15
snoop

Quote:
BTW if lendale white is there at 18 we have no need for a rb but i would be tempted to take him anyway. IMO his best comparison is Larry Johnson as far as NFL backs go though johnson is faster .
lets hope the boys dont spend a 1st round on the hb position that would be a total waste.
Old 01-26-2006, 12:12 PM   #16
endtroducing MASKED
Golden Member

endtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to behold

you NEED Big Marcus. didn't allow a sack for three years. he's enormous (6'8, 335 pounds) and ungodly fast for someone his size (in the 4.8 - 5.0 range). I was his 'handler' for his junior year (i.e. the person who made sure he wasn't staying too long at signings, and that he was going to class), so I know him to a degree. he's a great character guy.

he takes over games. in 2004, he shut down Marcus Spears, and laid so many vicious blocks in that game that I can't remember most of them. he held Spears to two tackles.

Last edited by endtroducing MASKED; 01-26-2006 at 12:16 PM.
endtroducing MASKED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 01:04 PM   #17
Five-ofan
Guru

Mcneil is a stud but so is scott. Mcneil didnt really have a great year this year. BTW ferguson looked pretty bad in senior bowl practice the other day and he seems to struggle against fast des. Since he cant run block worth a crap (relative to other high profile tackles) and all he can do is pass block that seems to be a bit of a problem. Either Mcneil or scott would be perfectly fine with me.
Old 01-26-2006, 01:23 PM   #18
endtroducing MASKED
Golden Member

endtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to behold

McNeill was one of the best run blockers in college football.

this year, Kenny Irons rushed for 1,293 behind McNeill. Kenny Irons had never started a game prior to this season. McNeill allowed 0 sacks. that's a great year. btw, in 2004, Ronnie and Carnell rushed for a combined 2,078 yards. McNeill allowed 0 sacks.
Old 01-26-2006, 01:28 PM   #19
Five-ofan
Guru

Mcneil is fine with me ive said that i just think ferguson will be a bust. I said ferguson couldnt run block and he cant but Mcneil i havent seen play but twice this year and he looked fine in both of those games. They said he had a bad year the other day on espn though. Doesnt mean he did because we all know they are idiots. I would be fine with either of them and I will tell yall this if lendale white is there and we dont take him ill be pissed. No we dont need a rb but if he is there at 18 he is too good to pass up.
Old 01-26-2006, 02:38 PM   #20
mavs413
Golden Member

mavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the rough

This is my mock draft, it will change a bit from now and the draft but this is my starting mock. Last year I did a Mock draft challenge online and I did really well (better than most and more points than Mel Kiper).
1. Houston Texans - Bush, Reggie, RB USC
2. New Orleans Saints - Leinart, Matt, QB USC
3. Tennessee Titans - Young, Vincent, QB Texas
4. New York Jets - Ferguson, D'Brickashaw, OT Virginia
5. Green Bay Packers - Hawk, A.J., OLB Ohio St.
6. Oakland Raiders - Williams, Mario, DE North Carolina St
7. San Francisco 49ers - Ryans, DeMeco, OLB Alabama
8. Buffalo Bills - Ngata, Haloti, DT Oregon
9. Detroit Lions - Justice, Winston, OT USC
10. Arizona Cardinals - White, LenDale, RB USC
11. St. Louis Rams - Williams, Jimmy, CB Virginia Tech
12. Cleveland Browns - Hali, Tamba, DE Penn St.
13. Baltimore Ravens - Huff, Michael, S Texas
14. Philadelphia Eagles - Greenway, Chad, OLB Iowa
15. Atlanta Falcons - Kiwanuka, Mathias, DE Boston College
16. Miami Dolphins - Cutler, Jay, QB Vanderbilt
17. Minnesota Vikings - Williams, DeAngelo, RB Memphis
18. Dallas Cowboys - McNeill, Marcus, OT Auburn
19. San Diego Chargers - Bing, Darnell, S USC
20. Kansas City Chiefs - Holmes, Santonio, WR Ohio St.
21. New England Patriots - Youboty, Ashton, CB Ohio St.
22. Denver Broncos - Davis, Vernon, TE Maryland
23. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Scott, Jonathan, OT Texas
24. Cincinnati Bengals - Bunkley, Brodrick, DT Florida St.
25. New York Giants - Winston, Eric, OT Miami (FL)
26. Chicago Bears - Hagan, Derek, WR Arizona St.
27. Carolina Panthers - Lewis, Marcedes, TE UCLA
28. Jacksonville Jaguars - Hill, Tye, CB Clemson
29. Denver Broncos - Cromartie, Antonio, CB Florida St
30. Indianapolis Colts - Maroney, Laurence, RB Minnesota
31. Pittsburgh Steelers - Wright, Rodrique, DT Texas
32. Seattle Seahawks - Simpson, Ko, S South Carolina
Old 01-26-2006, 05:24 PM   #21
#1MavsFan
Golden Member

#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all

I don't see the cowboys taking a OT in the first round. I could see us trading up a couple slots and taking Huff or trading down some to draft a receiver.
#1MavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 08:02 PM   #22
snoop

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs413
This is my mock draft, it will change a bit from now and the draft but this is my starting mock. Last year I did a Mock draft challenge online and I did really well (better than most and more points than Mel Kiper).
1. Houston Texans - Bush, Reggie, RB USC
2. New Orleans Saints - Leinart, Matt, QB USC
3. Tennessee Titans - Young, Vincent, QB Texas
4. New York Jets - Ferguson, D'Brickashaw, OT Virginia
5. Green Bay Packers - Hawk, A.J., OLB Ohio St.
6. Oakland Raiders - Williams, Mario, DE North Carolina St
7. San Francisco 49ers - Ryans, DeMeco, OLB Alabama
8. Buffalo Bills - Ngata, Haloti, DT Oregon
9. Detroit Lions - Justice, Winston, OT USC
10. Arizona Cardinals - White, LenDale, RB USC
11. St. Louis Rams - Williams, Jimmy, CB Virginia Tech
12. Cleveland Browns - Hali, Tamba, DE Penn St.
13. Baltimore Ravens - Huff, Michael, S Texas
14. Philadelphia Eagles - Greenway, Chad, OLB Iowa
15. Atlanta Falcons - Kiwanuka, Mathias, DE Boston College
16. Miami Dolphins - Cutler, Jay, QB Vanderbilt
17. Minnesota Vikings - Williams, DeAngelo, RB Memphis
18. Dallas Cowboys - McNeill, Marcus, OT Auburn
19. San Diego Chargers - Bing, Darnell, S USC
20. Kansas City Chiefs - Holmes, Santonio, WR Ohio St.
21. New England Patriots - Youboty, Ashton, CB Ohio St.
22. Denver Broncos - Davis, Vernon, TE Maryland
23. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Scott, Jonathan, OT Texas
24. Cincinnati Bengals - Bunkley, Brodrick, DT Florida St.
25. New York Giants - Winston, Eric, OT Miami (FL)
26. Chicago Bears - Hagan, Derek, WR Arizona St.
27. Carolina Panthers - Lewis, Marcedes, TE UCLA
28. Jacksonville Jaguars - Hill, Tye, CB Clemson
29. Denver Broncos - Cromartie, Antonio, CB Florida St
30. Indianapolis Colts - Maroney, Laurence, RB Minnesota
31. Pittsburgh Steelers - Wright, Rodrique, DT Texas
32. Seattle Seahawks - Simpson, Ko, S South Carolina

very good mock draft. I dont see huff going before 15 and maroney will last into round 2 imo.
Old 01-27-2006, 11:35 AM   #23
endtroducing MASKED
Golden Member

didn't Cromartie miss this ENTIRE year? I really don't see him going in the first
Old 01-27-2006, 08:34 PM   #24
snoop

My Mock Draft

1 Reggie Bush-Houston- I think the Texans take Bush and trade Davis.
2 Vince Young-New Orleans- Young goes second to a team that needs to fill seats.
3 D'Brickashaw Ferguson-Tennessee- Best OT in the draft to shore up a problem area.
4 Matt Lienart-NY Jets- Pennington is not reliable enough and they need a QB.
5 Mathias Kiwanuka- Green Bay- A player in the mold of Peppers or Kearse.
6 A.J. Hawk- Oakland- Great OLB to good to pass up.
7 DeAngelo Williams-San Francisco- S.F. needs a RB b/c Barlow is average.
8 Haloti Hgata-Buffalo- Best DT in draft goes toa team that soarly needs him.
9 Mario Williams-Detriot- The lions will probley draft a WR here for some reason.
10 Jay Cutler-Arizona- Arizona reaches for a QB and Cutlers the best left.
11 Jimmy Williams- St. Louis- The Rams need secondary help and he can play CB & FS.
12 Winston Justice-Cleveland- This team needs a lot of help but OL is a real concern.
13 Tamba Hali-Baltimore- Top ten talent at #13 is a good pick.
14 Santonio Holmes-Philly- A real reach at 14 but they need a WR and he is the best.
15 Micheal Huff-Atlanta- A town gets a great safety at in a need position.
16 DeMeco Ryans-Miami- I think the Fins trade down but this would help their LB's.
17 LenDale White-Minnasota- Minn needs a good RB and White slips to them.
18 Marcus McNeil-Dallas- 6'8 and fast this kid is a steal at 18.
19 Darnell Bing-San Diego- The bolts get a local boy to help the secondary.
20 Chad Greenway-Kansas City- Cheifs continue to add to LB poisition in b2b years
21 Vernon Davis-New England- The Pats get THE steal of 1st round top teir talent.
22 Derek Hagen-Denver- The heir to Rod Smith.
23 Antonio Cromartie-Tampa Bay- Coming off knee injury but great size and speed.
24 Eric Winston-Cincinnati- Drafts best player left on board, would be top 10 if not 4 knee.
25 Brodrick Bunkley-New York Giants- Very solid/safe pick at 25.
26 Chad Jackson-Chicago- First round talent may slip to 2nd, Bears need WR's
27 Ashton Youboty-Carolina- After what Seahawks did to them CB is a good pick.
28 Tye Hill-Jacksonville- Very good CB, solid pick.
29 Jonathan Scott-Denver- Jake needs more protection and thats what this kid does.
30 Joseph Addia-Indy- The surprise pick of round 1, great size and speed.
31 Thomas Howard-Seattle- To round out the LB corp with young studs
32 Rodrique Wright-Pitt- A project at the NFL level but all the makings of a good one.
Old 01-29-2006, 03:50 PM   #25
Five-ofan
Guru

BTW why is ferguson so highly thought of? Ive watched the guy play and he isnt that special from what ive seen and as far as people right now he is undersized as hell to be a left tackle. 295? That is EXTREMELY light to be a starting lt in the nfl nowadays. I think people can play light but the guy cant run block AT ALL and he seems to have trouble with small quick dts.
Old 01-29-2006, 07:33 PM   #26
Dropstep

because he is fast as hell, stong as an ox, and has a frame to easily add more muscle mass.
Old 01-30-2006, 12:57 AM   #27
snoop

yeah plus hes a combine type of guy which always helpdraft stock. Some mock drafts have him as high as 2 and some as low as 16.
Old 01-30-2006, 08:36 AM   #28
Five-ofan
Guru

hes 6 5 thats not that great of a frame either and he is NOT strong as hell for an nfl olineman.
Old 01-30-2006, 10:04 AM   #29
sike
The Preacha

what WR's of any value are projected to be there at the Boys first pick?

Old 01-30-2006, 11:00 AM   #30
Five-ofan
Guru

None. This is the worst receivers draft in recent memory. Why is wright so lowly thought of? I know he has motor problems but when was the last time a first team all american dt with all the measurables didnt go in the top 10-15?
Old 01-30-2006, 11:47 AM   #31
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

Right tackle has to be a priority. Pettite was fine for a sixth round starter, but that is all he really was. The first six games of the season the Cowboys were rolling, and then Flozzel got hurt. The season was essentially over then.

TO any one? TO for a season might not be that bad at all?
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 11:52 AM   #32
Five-ofan
Guru

Hell No!!! I thought like you did for a little while but after the ongoing crap kept on going, i decided the guy just isnt worth it.
Old 01-30-2006, 06:05 PM   #33
mavs413
Golden Member

*Updated*
DeAngelo Moves up, so does Cutler. Demeco Ryans and LenDale move down a bit, plus a couple other changes.
1.Houston Texans - Bush, Reggie, RB USC
2.New Orleans Saints - Leinart, Matt, QB USC
3.Tennessee Titans - Young, Vincent, QB Texas
4.New York Jets - Ferguson, D'Brickashaw, OT Virginia
5.Green Bay Packers - Hawk, A.J., OLB Ohio St.
6.Oakland Raiders - Williams, Mario, DE North Carolina St.
7.San Francisco 49ers - Williams, DeAngelo, RB Memphis
8.Buffalo Bills - Ngata, Haloti, DT Oregon
9.Detroit Lions - Justice, Winston, OT USC
10.Arizona Cardinals - Cutler, Jay, QB Vanderbilt
11.St. Louis Rams - Williams, Jimmy, CB Virginia Tech
12.Cleveland Browns - Ryans, DeMeco, OLB Alabama
13.Baltimore Ravens - Hali, Tamba, DE Penn St.
14.Philadelphia Eagles - Greenway, Chad, OLB Iowa
15.Atlanta Falcons - Kiwanuka, Mathias, DE Boston College
16.Miami Dolphins - Huff, Michael, S Texas
17.Minnesota Vikings - White, LenDale, RB USC
18.Dallas Cowboys - McNeill, Marcus, OT Auburn
19.San Diego Chargers - Bing, Darnell, S USC
20.Kansas City Chiefs - Holmes, Santonio, WR Ohio St.
21.New England Patriots - Youboty, Ashton, CB Ohio St.
22.Denver Broncos - Hagan, Derek, WR Arizona St.
23.Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Scott, Jonathan, OT Texas
24.Cincinnati Bengals - Bunkley, Brodrick, DT Florida St.
25.New York Giants - Winston, Eric, OT Miami (FL)
26.Chicago Bears - Davis, Vernon, TE Maryland
27.Carolina Panthers - Lewis, Marcedes, TE UCLA
28.Jacksonville Jaguars - Hill, Tye, CB Clemson
29.Denver Broncos - Cromartie, Antonio, CB Florida St
30.Indianapolis Colts - Maroney, Laurence, RB Minnesota
31.Pittsburgh Steelers - Wright, Rodrique, DT Texas
32.Seattle Seahawks - Simpson, Ko, S South Carolina
Old 01-30-2006, 07:04 PM   #34
mavs413
Golden Member

Sike, I really like Derek Hagan. Yeah I'm an ASU fan but Im also a Cowboys fan and I wouldnt want a player from ASU on the Cowboys just because he played at ASU, I want them to make the best choice. I would love for a player of Hagan's calibur at reciever to be available but I just think that Tackle is too big of a need to ignore, unless we can get a FA but we tried that last year and Riviera was a dissapointment.
Hagan finished his career #1 in career receptions #2 in yards in Pac-10 history.
He doesnt get shut down, Derek ended his career with a streak of 41 games with at least one recepton.
He is also a great blocker, like Hines Ward/Keyshawn Johnson in that area.

Hagan was also underrated as a recruit, he was a 1 star prospect and ASU started recruiting him really late and he initially committed to UNLV, we got lucky and he decomitted and signed on with the Devils.
Old 01-30-2006, 09:22 PM   #35
snoop

Quote:
None. This is the worst receivers draft in recent memory. Why is wright so lowly thought of? I know he has motor problems but when was the last time a first team all american dt with all the measurables didnt go in the top 10-15?
people question his work ethic and consider somewhat a lazy player.
Old 01-31-2006, 12:07 AM   #36
Dropstep

Quote:
hes 6 5 thats not that great of a frame either and he is NOT strong as hell for an nfl olineman.
6'5" 295 lbs is a great frame to start with going into the NFL. He is fast and strong as hell... just wait till the combine before you tell me he isn't strong for an O-lineman. He is a GREAT passing blocker and is fast enough to pull and lead block on running plays. There is no debate to who the best tackle is in this draft.
Old 01-31-2006, 09:55 AM   #37
sike
The Preacha

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs413
Sike, I really like Derek Hagan. Yeah I'm an ASU fan but Im also a Cowboys fan and I wouldnt want a player from ASU on the Cowboys just because he played at ASU, I want them to make the best choice. I would love for a player of Hagan's calibur at reciever to be available but I just think that Tackle is too big of a need to ignore, unless we can get a FA but we tried that last year and Riviera was a dissapointment.
Hagan finished his career #1 in career receptions #2 in yards in Pac-10 history.
He doesnt get shut down, Derek ended his career with a streak of 41 games with at least one recepton.
He is also a great blocker, like Hines Ward/Keyshawn Johnson in that area.

Hagan was also underrated as a recruit, he was a 1 star prospect and ASU started recruiting him really late and he initially committed to UNLV, we got lucky and he decomitted and signed on with the Devils.
thanks for the insight...any chance Hagan slips??

Old 01-31-2006, 01:36 PM   #38
Five-ofan
Guru

He will be there no question there is a very small chance hagan could be there in the second. As to Ferguson there was a time when 6 5 295 was huge. For normal people it still is but nowadays when he is by far the smallest of the other top 5 oline prospects its pretty petite. As to him being able to add weight and things of that nature both scott and Mcneil already have that weight (mcneil moreso than scott) and they are both bigger. The one huge plus for Ferguson is his long ass arms which are just that and they are a huge advantage. However i just think that Ferguson is an example of a practice that takes place alot now. That practice is people projecting someone who could conceivably be what someone else already is and taking the project before the guy who is already known because the project could hopefully become a better version than the guy who you already know what he is. I see him as being Robert Gallery part 2 except that he isnt as good as Gallery was.
Old 02-01-2006, 02:41 PM   #39
Dropstep

D.Ferg

Increased size and strength helped him have a breakout season with the ACC's most improved offense ... went from 265 pounds the previous season to 295 ... started every game for the third year in a row ...exceptional all season ... very durable ...played all but 20 plays ... - an excerpt from his scouting report.

So I guess being able to add 30 lbs in ONE offseason deffinately supports the fact that he has a poor frame and can't gain weight. Best O-lineman in the country, but all we need is an above average RT.
Old 02-01-2006, 05:07 PM   #40
Five-ofan
Guru

If you have already put on 30 lbs from what you were in one year then no i seriously doubt he can add much more. THere is a limit you know. Also his major strength is his athletecism and he has to gain 35 lbs MORE minimum to be anything near what he is being projected as and that can seriously change youre athletecism. Scott and Mcneil are both already athletic at much higher weights and I seriously disagree with him being better in college than either of them.

The fact of the matter is that 6 5 still isnt that big a frame for a lt in the nfl.